Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level

Gabriel and Carl's Arc Linked in S8

Holy sh*t!! I figure it out why Gabriel dies, hear me out: His and Carl's arc were linked this Season 8. I ain't saying they were the same but linked, how???

At the beginning of the Season, Carl tells Rick about hope, how things gotta be and that he shouldn't give to violence always especially after he was just trying to help a vagabond (Siddiq).

Meanwhile, Gabriel sits at his church and prays to God that he doesn't want a fruitless death in this war and tells Rick that it always shouldn't be just about him (Rick).

Then during the war, Carl goes to help Siddiq without knowing he was a doctor but because it was the right thing to. He got bit.

Gabriel got sick after the guts incident and was taken as a prisoner at the Sanctuary but he never gave up and took advantage of this by taking Dr. Carson away to help in Maggie's pregnancy. In the process, sadly Carson got killed and he was recaptured but this time he was taken to work at Eugene's bullet shop.

Meanwhile, Carl dies but his actions will result as you know in two things: Rick brings back a sort of civilization like the Comics and Maggie now has a doctor that can help her.

Now, Gabriel has the chance to sabotage the bullets. It was his destiny the whole time. To end up at the Sanctuary, to get sick, to help Carson escape so he can die because now Carl's actions (Siddiq) will still help Maggie but SO he can end up at Eugene's outpost to help win the war by fucking up the bullets.

Gabriel didn't know all of this would end up happening, no. But, this was his fate the whole time.

As for how exactly he dies? Don't know. But it will be remembered as a brave way. He helped win the war. He saved his friend's life and he got redemption and the forgiveness of God he badly wanted.

Because think about it. You think that just after a small talk from Rosita, Eugene will save the day and his "friends". Fuck no. Eugene's time for redemption has already passed. Too bad he lost it. Gabriel deserves it better. It would be so Deus Ex Machina for Eugene to save the day at last minute. I ain't saying he didn't help with the fucked up the bullets but in the end, Gabriel's actions were the ones that truly save everyone and the most important and because he cares for them.

Thoguths?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Except we have zero reason to believe that Gabriel dies...

It's a nice theory though

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    He's practically almost completely blind by now and doesn't come off as the type that would know how to mess with the bullets.
    If anything, you can always say his little talks with Eugene helped him have courage to turn on the Saviors, resulting in a similar outcome, but I'm pretty sure Eugene is also the type that is smart enough to wait until it would be a very critical blow to Negan, anyways. (Also a situation that will be easiest to guarantee his own safety afterwards)

I still don't believe Eugene needs redemption. He was taken because of Rosita's fuck up and has just survived since then. Kind of like making the best of a very shitty situation.

Also not sure if Gabe dies or not. I always thought they'd do the whole "priest with sunglasses" thing after the time skip. :P