1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level

Troy Appreciation Thread. (No Hate)

I just finished season three in its entirety and all I have to say is this season was fabulous and Troy was a big part of that. I finished the last three episodes late last night and Troy became my favorite over the course of season three and I was sad to see him go. I was truly dreading his death as I finished season three. Troy was easily one of the best things that Fear has done. The character had great presence and was fabulously acted by Daniel Sharman. One of the few things that this franchise has done right and one of the best-developed characters. I'll miss him in the next season but I have to wonder if Gimple brought the axe down on him because he was going to have more creative control in season four and he always kills all the best characters on the parent show. RIP Troy!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Loved the character. Made season 3 very fun to watch. He was shafted with that death, though. Felt like a last minute decision, and was out of character even for Madison.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spookygato View Post
    Loved the character. Made season 3 very fun to watch. He was shafted with that death, though. Felt like a last minute decision, and was out of character even for Madison.
    Agreed hence why I wonder if Gimple had something to do with it since it felt really gimply. I was honestly very confused about the events leading up to his death after he died since it seemed to come entirely out of left field. I wonder if the old showrunner really felt like he had to kill him as a last minute decision or if outside factors played a part. Anyways, this decision definitely sucked and hurt the show a little imo. Here's to hoping fear can stay as good as it has been.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    So glad to see this thread! If you guys are interested, I can dig up the interview with the old EP about his decision making, the why, and all that good stuff. But you ARE correct, it was a last minute decision, Troy had a place in season four until Gimple came and stole the chair from Erickson.
    -digs around for a minute-
    http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/15/fear-the...-showrunner/2/
    Now keep in mind that is the SECOND page of the interview, but a lot of the stuff that pertains to Troy is there. So yeah, bummer. I adore Troy, him and Madison are my favorite characters, both together and apart(thus, my icon :D )