1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    It is well with my soul Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Level

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Admits He Gets Abuse for Starring As Negan

THE WALKING DEAD star Jeffrey Dean Morgan has admitted he gets abuse in the street after playing vicious killer Negan in the hit show for more than two years.

The Walking Dead season eight concluded last night following weeks of intense anticipation.

Now, Jeffrey Dean Morgan has said his terrifying role in the hit series has led to him getting trolled in real life. The US actor has played the character in the zombie hit show since its sixth series.

When asked whether he feels haunted by the character, Jeffrey told the Press Association: "Yes, right now in my career, absolutely."

The 51-year-old said he is "kind of the opposite" to bat-wielding villain Negan. He continued: ”I don’t want to say I’m a super nice guy all the time, I don’t want to screw up anybody’s nefarious b*****d outlook on me, but I am not the character that I play on television.”

Jeffrey said people have forgotten the roles he has portrayed before he landed the part of the villain on The Walking Dead. The Washington native has starred in Grey’s Anatomy as Denny Duquette and played John Winchester in series Supernatural. Jeffrey said: "It is not a documentary but it seems that everyone has forgotten a pretty substantial body of work that I have done before the show that I am doing now and the character that I am doing now on television."

The actor said the abuse in the street has become so bad, people shout at him “screw you”.

Full article here

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Level
    I can understand people saying something in a joking fashion, but people who are really angry at him because of the story line are crazy. It's just a role. From the interviews, and some comments I've read, I don't particularly like JDM, and I don't like Negan at all, but I would never accost the guy on the street.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    People are far too dumb and can't disassociate him from the character. I don't get it.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    You are talking about the same country that elected Donald Duck, sorry, Trump as president, what are you expecting ?

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    It is well with my soul Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Level
    Let's keep the personal insults out of threads. If you have a personal problem with someone, take it up with them in PM. You can also put them on ignore and you won't see posts from that member.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    I can understand people saying something in a joking fashion, but people who are really angry at him because of the story line are crazy. It's just a role. From the interviews, and some comments I've read, I don't particularly like JDM, and I don't like Negan at all, but I would never accost the guy on the street.
    How the fuck can you not like jdm? He's down to earth and as sweet as fucking sugar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sassenach View Post
    THE WALKING DEAD star Jeffrey Dean Morgan has admitted he gets abuse in the street after playing vicious killer Negan in the hit show for more than two years.

The Walking Dead season eight concluded last night following weeks of intense anticipation.

Now, Jeffrey Dean Morgan has said his terrifying role in the hit series has led to him getting trolled in real life. The US actor has played the character in the zombie hit show since its sixth series.

When asked whether he feels haunted by the character, Jeffrey told the Press Association: "Yes, right now in my career, absolutely."

The 51-year-old said he is "kind of the opposite" to bat-wielding villain Negan. He continued: ”I don’t want to say I’m a super nice guy all the time, I don’t want to screw up anybody’s nefarious b*****d outlook on me, but I am not the character that I play on television.”

Jeffrey said people have forgotten the roles he has portrayed before he landed the part of the villain on The Walking Dead. The Washington native has starred in Grey’s Anatomy as Denny Duquette and played John Winchester in series Supernatural. Jeffrey said: "It is not a documentary but it seems that everyone has forgotten a pretty substantial body of work that I have done before the show that I am doing now and the character that I am doing now on television."

The actor said the abuse in the street has become so bad, people shout at him “screw you”.

Full article here
    Yikes! I'm having flashbacks to the fuckwads in the Oliciyt fandom of Arrow. I think it's hilarious that a lot of the people who give him hate are Daryl/Norman fans. As for hating on an actor because of the character they portray? Its some of the stupidest things ever. Especially since most time the actor is completely different from their character.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    At least he didn't get chased off social media like Josh.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    * sighs * Because some folk can't distinguish between reality and fiction, I guess.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Level
    Sucks for him.

I don't really care for JDM but people need to chill. Harassing the man for a character he plays is doing too much.