Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I do worry though because Gimple has a bad track record. Not just recent shit either. Ever since he joined TWD it lost it's original vision.

S1 was about Rick, Lori and Shane.
    S2 was about Rick, Lori, Shane and Coral.
    S3 was about Rick, Lori and Coral.

It was kept within the family (Shane was pretty much Rick's brother). Darabont definitely gave a fuck about the Grimes storyline but even Mazzara did too as S3 was the biggest Coral season between the stuff with Lori at the start to the stuff with Tyreese's group in the middle and then the stuff with Morgan in Clear and then in the finale when he shot that boy. Say what you want about Mazzara but at least he had plans for Coral. He wasn't thinking about giving all of Coral's storylines to a redshirt.

Then Gimple takes over in S4 and it's about Rick, Carol, Daryl and Michonne (and eventually Morgan when he returns). Basically the super hero characters. Coral is still alive for like 4 1/2 more seasons after Gimple took over and pretty much that whole time he just got ignored by Gimple (a guy who claimed to love TWD but didn't seem to give a fuck what TWD was about.) I hate Judith too but even she gets forgotten about for very long periods of time because of the lack of interest he has in that story. Gimple never cared about the Grimes clan. He cares about HIS story. He likes playing with all of his favorite action figures on screen. That's the real Fear of Fear The Walking Dead now. I hope it doesn't turn in to that. And don't get me wrong, I like the John and Al so far, but right now it seems like we now have a gunslinger, a ninja and a badass chick that drives a futuristic machine of war. She's basically a Terminator version of Dale. It doesn't feel like the Fear we've been watching.

If Naomi is Laura she always could have lost the pistol or had it stolen.
    It does seem like ever since Gimple’s been involved in Fear that it’s being turned into TWD which is sad. Fear totally stood on its own through the first three seasons and actually had great writing and original storylines and now they’re dipping into TWD/Kirkman/Gimple well which is a big mistake. Even the Vultures/Mel are basically rehashing TWD ideas. Just another hipster villain that looks like Gareth and acts like Negan without a bat. Fear still has a lot going for it and the first two episodes have been good, but yeah there are things to worry about.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    It does seem like ever since Gimple’s been involved in Fear that it’s being turned into TWD which is sad. Fear totally stood on its own through the first three seasons and actually had great writing and original storylines and now they’re dipping into TWD/Kirkman/Gimple well which is a big mistake. Even the Vultures/Mel are basically rehashing TWD ideas. Just another hipster villain that looks like Gareth and acts like Negan without a bat. Fear still has a lot going for it and the first two episodes have been good, but yeah there are things to worry about.
    The Vultures may end up being great but at first glance it does seem like they are a hipster/less savage version of The Wolves.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    I know they are leaning into this Gimple style but I don't believe Maddie is dead. She is off with Naomi or Charlie somewhere, maybe still at the Diamond prisoner to the vultures but either way they'd destroy this show without her at this juncture. They need her tethered as the show's lead during this cross over.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Every intro foreshadows the episode, even if in a very vague way!

The one where Nick died showed the Blue Bonnet Flowers growing near the lower area of the screen in the intro, and they were a huge part of the episode.

It's always vague, but kind of hints to what the episode may show, or not show in a very vague way and the color or clouds normally set the tone.

Normally it makes sense once the episode is over if you watch it again.

It's cool how the intro has little EASTER EGGS though, even if we do not know what it means when first seeing it.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1241 Post(s)
    Level
    Tonight's intro showed the sun having set behind the mountains with dark clouds having gathered to the right side of the screen while the left side sky was still light. A vehicle appeared driving toward the dark side.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Some articles interpreted the person on the walkie at the end to be MADISON!!!

She said "Where is everyone" and then Vulture Leader Mel said "Damn, she has no idea does she" or something along those lines, as if it were about Nick being dead possibly being that was either the prior, or next exhange of words IIRC.

Yet Naomi drove up right after that which made it seem as if it were her on the walkie, but that wouldn't have made sense being Naomi saw everyone.

I'm thinking Madison chose sides with the Vultures while the others rebelled and they are pissed at the Vultures for whatever leadship skills they provided to take over and make Madison choose to stay with them instead of leave... Especially being how they said they all should have left the day prior to tonight's events in the episode 2 weeks ago, speaking on themselves personally.

I'm sure it's deeper than that and maybe their was a sneak attack, but the "Walkie Woman's ID" was overlooked by many is all I know, unless it was indeed Naomi and for the sake of time, they cut the shot to make her pull up right afterwards rather than a minute or so later, as if she couldn't see them at first which would have made sense.

Basically as if they were the Savior's, and Madison gave into them and the others rebeled, although their is def more underlying stuff.

Plus JOHN is NOT dead, (although that hit was in the lung area)...Naomi was putting pressure on his wound immediately, and is a nurse.

The writers spoke as if they're developing John to become more cold in this world they live in, which the beginning showed, so instead of it being a goodbye, I think it's a new beginning for John in the post apocalypse. (Plus he can't Mirror Rick Grimes in yhe most stereotypical of ways without being shot early on aswell to be friends with Morgan. Lol)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12