Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    Every two-bit teenager watching home shopping club high on a Saturday night has ordered at least one fuckin Highlander katana ,to think she'd be the only one to say "hey I don't need bullets for this it might be a good idea" is much like the rest of this horrible show- just stupid

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    It was supposed to be a huge battle. I don't believe any character was armed with just one weapon. Rick had a gun but he also had his ax (as always). Morgan had a gun but he also had his stick (as always). Negan had a gun but he also had his bat (as always). Perhaps the writers wanted a variety of fighting styles during the battle and not just everyone shooting guns - idk. I hope the writers attempted to make the battle more interesting by having Michonne use her sword. When Negan used Lucille instead of a gun to kill Glenn and Abraham, the writers could have easily had the character use a gun. I hope the writer's are trying to use different weapons to make the show more interesting. I'm not sure if it's being received well or not.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Level
    Michonne and the sword is okay. Michonne and the sappiness has got to go.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    Michonne and the sword is okay. Michonne and the sappiness has got to go.
    No offense to anyone but Michonne needs to go, period. Her career is taking so fast I actually only see her sticking around for two more seasons toos

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    No offense to anyone but Michonne needs to go, period. Her career is taking so fast I actually only see her sticking around for two more seasons toos
    DG seems to be handling her expanding success pretty well, so that's a non-issue for me. I know people dispute this opinion, but to me, the character has been one noted by Richonne. She just seemed so much more complex when she was with Andrea, in those scenes with Merle, when she first joined TF. Her early relationship with Carl was great, and now she just seems like Rick's lover, and supportive little woman. It's sap and it's boring, she's been pigeon-holed.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Level
    DG seems to be handling her expanding success pretty well, so that's a non-issue for me. I know people dispute this opinion, but to me, the character has been one noted by Richonne. She just seemed so much more complex when she was with Andrea, in those scenes with Merle, when she first joined TF. Her early relationship with Carl was great, and now she just seems like Rick's lover, and supportive little woman. It's sap and it's boring, she's been pigeon-holed.

Exactly.

Her and Andreas friendship didn't get enough focus but that was because they were focused on propping up Andrea to be with the governernor and be a part of the whole woodbury mess. But Andrea and her getting killed off is another subject

I loved her bond with Carl around S4B more than anything and their banter was great. I loved that they finally acknowledged that in Carl's last few episodes, her reaction to Carl dying was one of the saddest.

I completely agree that her relationship with Rick has stunted her growth. More than anything she's become a prop to Rick and his inner struggles and she's pretty much only been there to mend his broken heart.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Level
    She doesn't need to go. Danai hasn't had any problems juggling her outside projects and playing Michonne and I don't see why that would change now. Both BP and AIW are done filming and the only thing she is working on now (that I know of at least) is another writing project which is nothing. She's been writing and acting simultaneously since she started back in season 3.

Well obviously I disagree. I'm of the opinion that Richonne has added another layer to her character and shows a side of Michonne that we didn't see before. I loved season 3 Michonne but personally I felt like she was thrown into the typical trope of being an angry black woman (that meme of her constantly scowling still haunts me) and while I liked the idea of she and Andrea's friendship, they way it was executed was a one-sided hot mess. And I know that some people look at her as some "yes-woman" to Rick but I don't understand how. I mean, just this past season it was reiterated twice that she will go against Rick's wishes to do what she thinks is best and will go out and do her own thing. And her supporting him through the loss of his son is pretty understandable, I imagine that is what any good partner would do.

I completely agree that her relationship with Rick has stunted her growth. More than anything she's become a prop to Rick and his inner struggles and she's pretty much only been there to mend his broken heart.
    Stunted her growth in what way? I feel like Michonne is probably one of the few characters to have consistent development throughout the show. She went from being a loner who rejected being a part of community, still holding on the the ghosts of the men responsible for the reason for the death of her son, to a woman who has opened herself up to having a family again and is now co-leading the ASZ and fighting for a future for upcoming generations.

And by "mend his broken heart" do you mean over the death of his son? She is his partner who has lost a son herself so I feel like it would be completely natural for her to help him during this dark time. Its not about propping him up, its about acknowledging the fact that she has been in that position and coped with it in unhealthy ways and she didn't want Rick to go down that same spiral.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioGoddess View Post
    She doesn't need to go. Danai hasn't had any problems juggling her outside projects and playing Michonne and I don't see why that would change now. Both BP and AIW are done filming and the only thing she is working on now (that I know of at least) is another writing project which is nothing. She's been writing and acting simultaneously since she started back in season 3.

Well obviously I disagree. I'm of the opinion that Richonne has added another layer to her character and shows a side of Michonne that we didn't see before. I loved season 3 Michonne but personally I felt like she was thrown into the typical trope of being an angry black woman (that meme of her constantly scowling still haunts me) and while I liked the idea of she and Andrea's friendship, they way it was executed was a one-sided hot mess. And I know that some people look at her as some "yes-woman" to Rick but I don't understand how. I mean, just this past season it was reiterated twice that she will go against Rick's wishes to do what she thinks is best and will go out and do her own thing. And her supporting him through the loss of his son is pretty understandable, I imagine that is what any good partner would do.
    We just have a difference of opinion. I'm glad you are enjoying it, but her story hasn't really clicked with me to the point of becoming an annoyance. As the saying goes, "One man's trash is another man's treasure".

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Soooo , if the subject Michonne and her iconic weapon of choice, then the answer to the question is "Hell, NO!" I'm not tired of it, it works for the show far better than bullets and she is a fucking badass adroit ninja with that katana. In fact, she's perfection with or without the sword...not unlike DG herself.
    They should actually have all of the characters using their melee weapons as hand to hand combat would be more appropriate for the apocalypse...sigh...

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    I love Michonne and it doesn't matter to me which weapon she chooses. Everyone has their own signature weapon, so why should she be any different. Another weapon that she uses well is her way with words, like when she told Enid to "step back", LOL.

Here's an idea ~ put Danai in the writers' room to give them some fresh ideas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12