Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Level

Where Does Season 8 Rank for You?

Pretty self explanatory. Now that the season is over, where to do rank it compared to the past seasons?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Level
    Better than 5-7, but not as good as seasons 1-4

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    I’d put it in the middle of the pack. The first half was terrible and the second half was better, but nowhere near good enough to rank it amongst the best seasons IMO.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Better than 6 and 7, but all the other seasons are better

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 5
    Season 4
    Season 1
    Season 3
    Season 2
    Season 6
    Season 8
    Season 7

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    It's the worst season.

Off the top of my head (this may be a little off) I'd rank it like this: Season 2 > Season 4 > Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 7 > Season 5 > Season 6 > Season 8

#1 Season 2 was a masterpiece. It just got consistently better as it went. The stuff with Sophia, Randall, Shane and the big Walker finale. All great.

#2 Season 4 was pretty fucking good cause Gimple had to prove himself. Loved the sickness arc, thought The Governor was handled pretty well, I dug the post-prison stuff too with The Claimers and the introduction of Abe's army. The weakest part of Season 4 was the finale ending on a cliffhanger but everything else was mostly great. This was the best 16 episode season they ever did. Credit where credit is due. Really the only bad episode was the Beth & Daryl episode.

#3 Season 1 was almost a masterpiece but it also had some stuff that I really didn't care for like the CDC stuff and some weird stuff with the walkers. It was also short as fuck but I can't really hold that against it. It dropped in quality a bit in the second half but it was still nearly a masterpiece.

#4 Season 3 I've grown more fonder of as the years have gone by. I think I was so hard on it then because of what came before it but cumpared to the shit we get these days it was still pretty fucking great. I'm not letting Mazzara off the hook for anything. He still made some bad calls but at least it still felt like the show I fell in love with.

#5 Season 7 I actually liked believe it or not. It was the first season in YEARS that I enjoyed and didn't really frustrate me. I'm fully aware of the flaws but they weren't frustrating big flaws. Just a lot of tiny ones. It was the one season that didn't pander and I loved that. It was cool to see the super heroes get their balls chopped off for once. Oh, and it had a satisfying season finale. First time since S2. It was also cool to see them focus on some of the small but still important character that desperately needed screen time like Eugene, Rosita, Dwight, Sasha, etc.

#6 Season 5 I actually think is overrated as fuck. I think this season gets a lot of credit for it's first few episodes but that's all it is. A few episodes. Season 5 is very hit or miss. The Hunters were great, That Abe flashback ep was cool, That episode where they traveled to Alexandria at night with Aaron fighting through The Walkers was fucking great and that Eugene episode where he saved Tara was great too. That's basically it. There was a lot of garbage in this season. Rambo Carol almost ruining The Hunters, The Beth Arc, That stoopit artsy fartsy Tyreese death episode, that storm episode where Daryl ruined Rick's "We Are The Walking Dead" speech, The Wolves being teased all season but never used, and the big bad of the season being a glorified walmart Ed Peletier from S1. Speaking of Ed, Carol was unbearable. I fucking hate Carol and it was the worst Carol season we've had. It was Carol at her peak. Fucking cunt. I still have PTSD from all the vagina spiders I had to deal with.

#7 Season 6 I think we can all agree this was pretty much the start of the end for TWD. So many bad calls from the writers and so many bad calls from the AMC suit dicks. This is when we knew TWD was going downhill and wouldn't be able to recover. I hate it when people say it but it probably is when TWD "Jumped the shark". From that terrible black & white premiere to spending so much time in S5 teasing The Wolves only to feed them to Stoopit Rambo Carol AKA Granny Wondercunt in one episode, to dragging No Way Out over NINE FUCKING EPISODES, to Dumpstergate, to that dogshit Carol & Morgan storyline that never really ended till Morgan popped up on FTWD 2 weeks ago, "The Same Boat" aka the most pointless episode TWD did since "Still" where it was just Rambo Carol being fed a Savior outpost to make her fans hard, all the way up to that fucking abysmal 90 minute finale that had them drive around in circles only to reach a cliffhanger at the end. I still get pissed off thinking about this season because I think had this season not gone the way it did things might be a little different now. There was some good stuff in the backhalf with Hilltop & that Eugene episode but that's really it.

#8 Season 8 is by FAR the worst season. BY FUCKING FAR. The whole first half SUKT. Just shooting, shooting and more shooting. Randomly bringing back Morales only to kill him (I bet everyone forgot about this). The one sided All Out War where The Saviors got their asses whooped 90% of the time cause pandering. More Morgantello bullshit. Killing Coral. It got a little better in the backhalf with a few decent episodes here and there but it wasn't enough to redeem it. I'm sure I'm even forgetting things. w/e. Fuck Gimple.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 8 is #7 on my list. It had the highest number of not highly rated (by me) episodes in several seasons, although 8B was light years better than 8A which had pacing issues, live heapsters, sitting duck Negan not getting shot, and the senseless death of Carl. I hate that I have to put season 8 so far down the list, as this season had some genuine dialogue with a minimum of the cryptic crap; but as a whole, the season didn't feel like a real season where I could look back from the premiere to the finale and see that much had happened.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Second worst right after season 7.

My list:
    1. season 1
    2. season 5
    3. season 4
    4. season 2
    5. season 6
    6. season 3
    7. season 8
    8. season 7

I noticed three weakest seasons imo are the ones that featured the "big bad villain" the most and for the longest period of time - negan and governor.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 2
    Season 1
    Season 4
    Season 3
    Season 5
    Season 7