Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level

Is Daniel Going to Crossover to Walking Dead?

The article says that Daniel will appear again in the Walking Dead *Universe* as opposed to just Fear the Walking Dead. Could this be a hint that he might be crossing over to The Walking Dead for Season 9? OR Are they just yanking our chains?

https://www.skybound.com/the-walking...dead-universe/

"Fear the Walking Dead’s new co-showrunner Andrew Chambliss told Entertainment Weekly, “Yeah we have no inkling of that yet, but I think the thing we will say without giving away too much is that we definitely will be seeing Daniel Salazar in the Walking Dead universe. It’s a very big world, and we will hint at what may have happened. "

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Level
    Hummmm, interesting. I wonder what role he’ll play if he crosses over to TWD.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't watch the show anymore but I remember Daniel being the highlight of season 1 and the first half of season 2 so what the fuck are they doing with his character exactly ? Why are they messing with him so much ?

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe he'll be in one of the many spinoffs Gimple is apparently working on.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Well, at least there will be an amazing character on the walking dead again.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Level
    I wouldn’t mind seeing it, but doubt it. The Walking Dead universe could mean anything including a spin-off, but I don’t know if Daniel could carry a show. After reading this i’m kinda mad that there wasn’t any resolution with Proctor John either.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    I wouldn’t mind seeing it, but doubt it. The Walking Dead universe could mean anything including a spin-off, but I don’t know if Daniel could carry a show. After reading this i’m kinda mad that there wasn’t any resolution with Proctor John either.
    What would be interesting is if they did a spinoff that still takes place in the old timeline. So Fear jumps ahead and is pretty much at the same place in time as the main show but Daniel's adventures could continue in the old timeline where things are still very fresh. You are right. He probably couldn't carry a show but he could be an important piece of it. It could literally start off with Daniel and other new characters being Proctor John's prisoners and they have to earn their freedom back. Whether that be by proving themselves to Proctor John, Escaping or killing him and taking the place for themselves. I love Proctor John. I just want to see him return in some way.

If that's a no, there is one other option and I know it sounds crazy but crazy things have happened. David Morrissey wants to portray The Governor again apparently. They could do a Rise of the Governor series. It's a stretch but we've seen it with Morgan and Morales. They could have Daniel help The Governor build Woodbury. Daniel may even get to meet Penny before she died but I'm not sure how far in to the ZA she died. Keep in mind, at the time of the dam explosion in Fear the OG WD is probably just getting to The Farm so you could have Daniel travel there and he'd just have to die before the series ended. Like you said, Daniel can't carry a show but The Governor could and having Daniel would be a great addition to that story. Characters like Martinez and Shumpert could also show up eventually and AMC actually could afford those actors because they aren't really that big. Merle would be the hardest get but they could always put that off till a little later. My guess is this show really could only go 3-4 seasons but with the way the ratings are going that's probably all it'd get and I think at this point a WD spinoff would need an established character to help sell the show to people. I think the audience has Walking Dead fatigue so watching a new show about new characters they don't care about is probably too much to ask in 2018 and beyond. What could get people to watch would be a fan favorite like The Governor and maybe Merle Dixon at some point. That's probably the biggest spinoff you could do at this point other than a Negan one but I think a lot of people have Negan fatigue because he's still very new. A lot of people still look back at The Governor and Merle fondly because they are characters that died when the show was still good. Everything that happened with The Governor wasn't perfect but they got out before the show went to shit. Governor, Penny, Daniel and eventually Martinez and Merle would be a fucking great cast.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    What would be interesting is if they did a spinoff that still takes place in the old timeline. So Fear jumps ahead and is pretty much at the same place in time as the main show but Daniel's adventures could continue in the old timeline where things are still very fresh. You are right. He probably couldn't carry a show but he could be an important piece of it. It could literally start off with Daniel and other new characters being Proctor John's prisoners and they have to earn their freedom back. Whether that be by proving themselves to Proctor John, Escaping or killing him and taking the place for themselves. I love Proctor John. I just want to see him return in some way.

If that's a no, there is one other option and I know it sounds crazy but crazy things have happened. David Morrissey wants to portray The Governor again apparently. They could do a Rise of the Governor series. It's a stretch but we've seen it with Morgan and Morales. They could have Daniel help The Governor build Woodbury. Daniel may even get to meet Penny before she died but I'm not sure how far in to the ZA she died. Keep in mind, at the time of the dam explosion in Fear the OG WD is probably just getting to The Farm so you could have Daniel travel there and he'd just have to die before the series ended. Like you said, Daniel can't carry a show but The Governor could and having Daniel would be a great addition to that story. Characters like Martinez and Shumpert could also show up eventually and AMC actually could afford those actors because they aren't really that big. Merle would be the hardest get but they could always put that off till a little later. My guess is this show really could only go 3-4 seasons but with the way the ratings are going that's probably all it'd get and I think at this point a WD spinoff would need an established character to help sell the show to people. I think the audience has Walking Dead fatigue so watching a new show about new characters they don't care about is probably too much to ask in 2018 and beyond. What could get people to watch would be a fan favorite like The Governor and maybe Merle Dixon at some point. That's probably the biggest spinoff you could do at this point other than a Negan one but I think a lot of people have Negan fatigue because he's still very new. A lot of people still look back at The Governor and Merle fondly because they are characters that died when the show was still good. Everything that happened with The Governor wasn't perfect but they got out before the show went to shit. Governor, Penny, Daniel and eventually Martinez and Merle would be a fucking great cast.
    Shit! Get this man a contract...damn fking good idea. I'm going on this new time line ride for a bit but, I liked where Fesr was going in season 3. I don't trust anything Gimple pits his hands on...grrr.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

I’d watch the hell out of a Governor prequel spin-off. I can’t really see a reason for Daniel to be involved in it though, but you wouldn’t need to have him anyway when you could bring back so many characters from the past and see their origins.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Level
    The good thing about a Governor spinoff is that it has a guaranteed end date because we know his future just like Better Call Saul. There is no way it could go on for more than 3-4 seasons but at the same time there is enough time to really tell some good story. FTWD told the 3 seasons over like 2 1/2 months. Michonne & Andrea did not run in to Governor until almost a year in to the ZA. If you count the time Rick was sleeping and Lori's pregnancy time jump so you have almost a year to work with. That's plenty of time as long as you don't do any crazy time jumps. I kinda hate that TWD did a pretty big time jump between S2 and S3 just for Lori to be near birth but it's good in a way because it opened a lot of time to work with if they ever did a Governor spinoff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast