Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    Shit! Get this man a contract...damn fking good idea. I'm going on this new time line ride for a bit but, I liked where Fesr was going in season 3. I don't trust anything Gimple pits his hands on...grrr.
    Exactly, I loved where Fear was at the end of season 3. Erickson said definitively in his universe Daniel survived the Dam explosion, like he was brought to this point from everything he had been through in the first 3 seasons and from everything he went through in El Salvador. Daniel still has mountains of story to tell and had more of an arc planned. Let's hope we see it come to fruition.

- - - Updated - - -

Also to me this is the admittance that he isn't dead. Like "we'll see him out there in this big expansive Walking Dead universe" is code for he'll survive but be nowhere near the other survivors, maybe he hooked up with Lee and Taqa. Daniel Salazar doesn't die off screen or through flashbacks, he'll be back.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesclan12 View Post
    Exactly, I loved where Fear was at the end of season 3. Erickson said definitively in his universe Daniel survived the Dam explosion, like he was brought to this point from everything he had been through in the first 3 seasons and from everything he went through in El Salvador. Daniel still has mountains of story to tell and had more of an arc planned. Let's hope we see it come to fruition.

- - - Updated - - -

Also to me this is the admittance that he isn't dead. Like "we'll see him out there in this big expansive Walking Dead universe" is code for he'll survive but be nowhere near the other survivors, maybe he hooked up with Lee and Taqa. Daniel Salazar doesn't die off screen or through flashbacks, he'll be back.
    Yes, yes!! Daniel was a character with depth. He had the right amount of anti-hero to make him dark but one you wanted to root for bc he wasn't inherently bad...his options made him a survivor.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by beethedead View Post
    Yes, yes!! Daniel was a character with depth. He had the right amount of anti-hero to make him dark but one you wanted to root for bc he wasn't inherently bad...his options made him a survivor.
    I agree. Daniel could add a lot to TWD. This soldier and barber was one of FTWD's most complex characters. Now he's got some serious battle scars, and he's lost his daughter and wife. He might do a reverse Morgan and end up on TWD.

(Actually, I'm hoping Qaletaqa and Crazy Dog make their way east, as well.)

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Feelin' Groovy View Post
    I agree. Daniel could add a lot to TWD. This soldier and barber was one of FTWD's most complex characters. Now he's got some serious battle scars, and he's lost his daughter and wife. He might do a reverse Morgan and end up on TWD.

(Actually, I'm hoping Qaletaqa and Crazy Dog make their way east, as well.)
    I forgot he was a barber...please....please let him show up if for no other reason that to cut that shaggy make Daryl has sported 4 too long...

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Ruben Blades (AKA Daniel) is a busy guy. He posted a video just the other day to his Twitter feed and is looking a little lean so maybe he is losing weight/getting in shape in preparation for return to Fear or shot recently there. He has a tour scheduled for May in Mexico so I don't see him shooting in May and I don't see him signing onto any spinoff for any big role/commitment. He is occupied with his music and may even run for President of Panama in 2019. He had huge Latin Grammy wins in November.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    What would be interesting is if they did a spinoff that still takes place in the old timeline. So Fear jumps ahead and is pretty much at the same place in time as the main show but Daniel's adventures could continue in the old timeline where things are still very fresh. You are right. He probably couldn't carry a show but he could be an important piece of it. It could literally start off with Daniel and other new characters being Proctor John's prisoners and they have to earn their freedom back. Whether that be by proving themselves to Proctor John, Escaping or killing him and taking the place for themselves. I love Proctor John. I just want to see him return in some way.

If that's a no, there is one other option and I know it sounds crazy but crazy things have happened. David Morrissey wants to portray The Governor again apparently. They could do a Rise of the Governor series. It's a stretch but we've seen it with Morgan and Morales. They could have Daniel help The Governor build Woodbury. Daniel may even get to meet Penny before she died but I'm not sure how far in to the ZA she died. Keep in mind, at the time of the dam explosion in Fear the OG WD is probably just getting to The Farm so you could have Daniel travel there and he'd just have to die before the series ended. Like you said, Daniel can't carry a show but The Governor could and having Daniel would be a great addition to that story. Characters like Martinez and Shumpert could also show up eventually and AMC actually could afford those actors because they aren't really that big. Merle would be the hardest get but they could always put that off till a little later. My guess is this show really could only go 3-4 seasons but with the way the ratings are going that's probably all it'd get and I think at this point a WD spinoff would need an established character to help sell the show to people. I think the audience has Walking Dead fatigue so watching a new show about new characters they don't care about is probably too much to ask in 2018 and beyond. What could get people to watch would be a fan favorite like The Governor and maybe Merle Dixon at some point. That's probably the biggest spinoff you could do at this point other than a Negan one but I think a lot of people have Negan fatigue because he's still very new. A lot of people still look back at The Governor and Merle fondly because they are characters that died when the show was still good. Everything that happened with The Governor wasn't perfect but they got out before the show went to shit. Governor, Penny, Daniel and eventually Martinez and Merle would be a fucking great cast.
    Fuck yes!

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Make a spin off of Daniel when he was a sombra negra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12