Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Back To Top    #41
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassle View Post
    I am no Gimple fan, but I've been to SDCC the last 3 years and Frank has always seemed zonked out of his mind. Couple that with him attacking a studio security guard, and I'm not super surprised that the producers let him go when he asked. He's clearly a lot to deal with.

As for him - his family is all abroad. He's also a young, hungry actor. I don't feel like him wanting to move on after 3 years doing a job is that crazy. Most of us switch jobs after a few years. Why are people acting like this is anything more than someone wanting to do something new?
    He’s got terrible anxiety with interviews. He always looks like he has no clue what’s going on for interviews

Never has shown up for Talking Dead.

Just not his thing

2. Back To Top    #42
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombielupo View Post
    My View of it is that this is the first time they killed off anybody that really mattered for character development.

Seems they would not have done it if the actor wouldn't have wanted out.
    I'm saying that they didn't make it hard for him to make that decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kassle View Post
    I am no Gimple fan, but I've been to SDCC the last 3 years and Frank has always seemed zonked out of his mind. Couple that with him attacking a studio security guard, and I'm not super surprised that the producers let him go when he asked. He's clearly a lot to deal with.

As for him - his family is all abroad. He's also a young, hungry actor. I don't feel like him wanting to move on after 3 years doing a job is that crazy. Most of us switch jobs after a few years. Why are people acting like this is anything more than someone wanting to do something new?
    Because
    1. Tptb constantly makes even dumber decisions so it's not hard to believe.
    2. His decision was made exactly at the same time that the previous showrunner has been fired and the creative changes have been made, including putting Nick and Alicia more at the back, dropping and skipping basically the whole previous storyline and doing a completely unnecessary time jump just so they could bring Morgan into it and turn it into TWD 2.0. I really think it's very coincidental, especially that the dam was a perfect place and time for Nick to die had he decided to quit before a new showrunner took over. But it looks he quit right after and was killed in the very first episodes of the season.
    3. Ratings are falling pretty badly on the whole franchise.
    4. AMC is known for underpaying their actors.

Honestly I can't fault anyone who wants to jump that ship for better opportunities. It's not a hard decision to make under these ciscumstances imo.

3. Back To Top    #43
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Twink42 View Post
    He’s got terrible anxiety with interviews. He always looks like he has no clue what’s going on for interviews

Just not his thing
    Thanks, good to know. Apparently I just love characters played by actors who are terribly shy and awkward with crowds lol.

4. Back To Top    #44
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Gimple decides he wants to work on fear because he's a little bored of ruining the OG show so he puts Kang (his right hand) in charge while he continues watching from the shadows just in case he wants to make a few changes here and there but he's brainwashed her enough to know exactly what to do by now.

Erickson gets booted off the show he co-created (pretty much created though) and Frank Dillane quits around the same time and the new people in charge of Fear The Walking Dead are 2 little Gimple fanboys and Gimple hovers over his 2 minions shoulders watching every single move they make so they give him exactly what he wants.

This truly is the darkest timeline.
    Nah it's just business as usual. We all knew FTWD couldn't last in terms of quality because of AMC.

5. Back To Top    #45
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Twink42 View Post

Just not his thing

I have anxiety too. I have yet to attack a security guard at my workplace.

6. Back To Top    #46
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Misza View Post
    I'm saying that they didn't make it hard for him to make that decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Because
    1. Tptb constantly makes even dumber decisions so it's not hard to believe.
    2. His decision was made exactly at the same time that the previous showrunner has been fired and the creative changes have been made, including putting Nick and Alicia more at the back, dropping and skipping basically the whole previous storyline and doing a completely unnecessary time jump just so they could bring Morgan into it and turn it into TWD 2.0. I really think it's very coincidental, especially that the dam was a perfect place and time for Nick to die had he decided to quit before a new showrunner took over. But it looks he quit right after and was killed in the very first episodes of the season.
    3. Ratings are falling pretty badly on the whole franchise.
    4. AMC is known for underpaying their actors.

Honestly I can't fault anyone who wants to jump that ship for better opportunities. It's not a hard decision to make under these ciscumstances imo.
    Yeah, good thoughts especially on the dumber decisions thing.

I have a hard time deciding whether or not it was cool to bring Morgan into the thing and time jump it. There could have been a lot more development to the story, and even though it overall feels like better writing, it feels like TWD. FTWD had its own vibe. The vibe is different now for better or worse. I think the rating dip is a factor, but they still get enough ratings to keep this going, on the cheap.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345