Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    As delusional as Gimple

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Contractual thing with the actors. Submission costs a few thousand, so they’ll have it in their contract that the network makes one for them, a contract signed long before stuff is filmed without knowing true quality of the work. And yeah, every show puts up half their cast and the show itself.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Level
    You realize all shows submit their biggest actors and it's routine, right? It's not like they really sat there, rewatched and thought "damn, Josh really deserves an Emmy, let's submit him".

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I think Lincoln, McBride, James and Cohan are all amazing actors for the crap they are fed.
    Agreed but even the best actors won't get anything with shitty writing and no guidence at all. Sometimes even they sound robotic and it's not because they're bad actors, it's because they're just people. It blows my mind that there seems to be no one there watching over it and going like "hey, you know what Andrew, that line came out a little bit off, let's do it again a maybe try a different tone".

I'll never forget how Melissa McBride smoke a cigarette once. Like she was disabled. All I could think about was seriously, was no one there to tell her to do it again and not like she was about to die or a cigarette was about to explode?

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    I find it odd how many of you just laugh at this and you're on a forum dedicated to loving the show lol It is routine for many shows to just do this and I don't think everything listed in the OP deserves it but phenomenal actors like Lincoln have deserved it time and time again no matter if it's a lesser season or one of its best. I also honestly think the show deserves a Drama Series nod in general at least a couple times but I know that won't happen.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodee Jacob View Post
    I find it odd how many of you just laugh at this and you're on a forum dedicated to loving the show lol
    Well, it's a fan site, and I think that technically, a fan doesn't have to love the show, just have a strong interest in it. There have been times when I've wondered why people would continue to frequent the site if they no longer watch the show, but I think I understand now. I can't stand what the showrunners have done with most of the characters and storylines, but I feel so invested that I have to find out what happens, and I'll probably stick with the flagship show at least, until the bitter end. Fuck Fear for killing off Madison and Nick and keeping fucking weirdo Dharma.

It is routine for many shows to just do this and I don't think everything listed in the OP deserves it but phenomenal actors like Lincoln have deserved it time and time again no matter if it's a lesser season or one of its best. I also honestly think the show deserves a Drama Series nod in general at least a couple times but I know that won't happen.
    Oh yeah, and often they WIN. "Friends" was the very definition of a shitcom, but I believe every single member of that ensemble cast won at least one Emmy; Christ on crack, more recently Matt Leblanc gets Emmy nominations for playing himself . Awards, like ratings, often are directly related to marketing efforts, and ultimately, when quality is a consideration, it's relative to what else is on tv at the time. If you look at the broadcast non-cable networks, most of what's currently offered is crap: realiturd tv, talkshows, shitcoms, and dramas like Gray's Anatomy that were shitty to begin with and should have ended long ago. Most of the shows with Emmy wins tend to sweep multiple categories, and the last few years those have been dominated by programs from premium cable channels. Personally, I think the first two seasons of TWD were its best, and there happened to be several pretty good shows airing at that time.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Level
    I may not like the writing or Pimple, but TWD has several Emmy worthy actors. Lincoln and McBride being the most.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Austin Amelio had the performance of the season in the speech he made before Daryl gave him the car keys and turned him loose.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123