Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah, they should just skip over these two completely and focus on the characters that they already have. It’s already a huge clusterfuck of characters.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Oh yeah, such memorable characters. Can't wait.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Level
    Lmao this community is just stock full of negative and ridiculous people who never have anything good to say. They were decent characters and can always change up on the show. Look at fucking Carol. Her comic character was complete ass. Probably the worst death ever in the comics honestly. She was shit. But she's a super strong, fan favorite on the show. Get your head out of your ass please. And stop being so negative. Negativity is not appealing. You're just running people out of the community. I used to love it here. But nothing is hardly left except you sour asses. And It sucks now. Meesha, Mia, and Jay are literally the only reasons to stay anymore. With a handful of others sprinkled in. But the negative bunch is just overwhelming. Nothing nice or good to ever say. Even things that don't or haven't happened, you're negative about. Get a grip.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spookysenpai View Post
    Meesha, Mia, and Jay are literally the only reasons to stay anymore.
    How is it that I'm the positive one in this thread? I'm supposed to be the dick around here!

...It just so happens that I also want to ram that dick in my girl Yumiko because the show has lacked the Asian puss for far far too long.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Lmao this community is just stock full of negative and ridiculous people who never have anything good to say. They were decent characters and can always change up on the show. Look at fucking Carol. Her comic character was complete ass. Probably the worst death ever in the comics honestly. She was shit. But she's a super strong, fan favorite on the show. Get your head out of your ass please. And stop being so negative. Negativity is not appealing. You're just running people out of the community. I used to love it here. But nothing is hardly left except you sour asses. And It sucks now. Meesha, Mia, and Jay are literally the only reasons to stay anymore. With a handful of others sprinkled in. But the negative bunch is just overwhelming. Nothing nice or good to ever say. Even things that don't or haven't happened, you're negative about. Get a grip.
    This is whiney, ridiculous and pathetic. People are allowed to their own opinion. Don't like it? Sucks for you.

If you're so miserable why are you still here? Not hard to click that x at the top of your screen.

Wahhhhh

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    This is whiney, ridiculous and pathetic. People are allowed to their own opinion. Don't like it? Sucks for you.

If you're so miserable why are you still here? Not hard to click that x at the top of your screen.

Wahhhhh
    I think they're just pointing out the stifling culture of bitching and pessimism.

>Magna and Yumiko going to be cast
    "Whatever, they were shit characters anyway and the show should cut them out!!"
    >Season 9 Announced
    "They should have ended it after season 8, I HATE THIS SHOW IT'S SO BAD!!!!!!!!"
    >Andrew Lincoln excited about season 9
    "He's probably just LYING because THIS SHOW IS TRASH NOW I REALLY HATE IT YOU GUYS!!"
    >Filming pictures of season 9
    "LOL i can't wait to see how BAD THIS IS LOOK AT THAT CHARACTER'S HAT MOST UNREALISTIC SEASON EVER"

The thing is that SpoilTheDead is one of the few places where such discussions can even take place on the internet. When a huge portion of it is just people beating a dead horse, declaring every new, potentially interesting thing about the show to be stupid, unimportant, irrelevant to "saving" the show that every year they insist is on the verge of death... it comes to seem more like THEY are the ones that should stfu and do something else with their time. Some of us are actually interested in discussing new casting developments without having a bunch of attention-seekers try to convince us that season 9 will suck because of these characters.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    lmao i couldn't give a shit about the "community". we're here to discuss this shit show. if you don't like it, that's your problem, my non-friend.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    How is it that I'm the positive one in this thread? I'm supposed to be the dick around here!

...It just so happens that I also want to ram that dick in my girl Yumiko because the show has lacked the Asian puss for far far too long.
    For your humor, of course. And for supplying actual discussion. Instead of just bitching. I appreciate that even when I disagree with something. Also, even with that "ram that dick" comment, you somehow still respond to the masses more delicately than I can apparently manage lmao. And also you're pretty attentive to the difference between the comic and the show. A lot of people get things mixed up. But you're near always spot on and always add that the show has and could still, do comic characters differently. For some reason a lot of people use the comics like an instruction manual that must be followed, but when using it to try to project what may happen in an upcoming season of the show, the comics are more like...an outline or something along those lines. It is hardly ever exact. I mean, tbh it will never be an exact rip from the page to screen because the sole existence of Daryl. Regardless of opinions on the character, he's an original to the show and a prominently used one at that. We should all realize this by now but ya know there's always those people that somehow still expect everything to be that set in steel exact copy from comic to screen. I guess I'm glad you explain it to them so I don't have to lol. You must have the patience of a God because I see you having to bring this up to so many people all the time. I appreciate the thought and intellect that goes into your more serious comments.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
    I think they're just pointing out the stifling culture of bitching and pessimism.

>Magna and Yumiko going to be cast
    "Whatever, they were shit characters anyway and the show should cut them out!!"
    >Season 9 Announced
    "They should have ended it after season 8, I HATE THIS SHOW IT'S SO BAD!!!!!!!!"
    >Andrew Lincoln excited about season 9
    "He's probably just LYING because THIS SHOW IS TRASH NOW I REALLY HATE IT YOU GUYS!!"
    >Filming pictures of season 9
    "LOL i can't wait to see how BAD THIS IS LOOK AT THAT CHARACTER'S HAT MOST UNREALISTIC SEASON EVER"

The thing is that SpoilTheDead is one of the few places where such discussions can even take place on the internet. When a huge portion of it is just people beating a dead horse, declaring every new, potentially interesting thing about the show to be stupid, unimportant, irrelevant to "saving" the show that every year they insist is on the verge of death... it comes to seem more like THEY are the ones that should stfu and do something else with their time. Some of us are actually interested in discussing new casting developments without having a bunch of attention-seekers try to convince us that season 9 will suck because of these characters.
    I think you captured my point more eloquitely than I.
    And yes. I realize that pointing out the complaining, is complaining in itself. But for the ratio of how much of the same copy paste complaints I see here, someone had to speak up. This is ridiculous. I don't see anyone mention how every comment is the same complaint over and over and there's a huge lack of discussion anymore save for a handful of people. But there's at least 10 useless comments of complaints that "beat a dead horse" between every actual discussion and the people that reply to the discussion with some actual substance. I usually ignore all of it, but it's increasingly annoying as the community of this site has grown more in these come and go complainers and the more serious theoriziers and fans up for discussion have left the site, many due to this influx of haters and complainers. Who themselves have caused a shit show on this site.

I'm trying to say, there's a difference between criticism and complaining. Criticism is constructive and offers suggestions for improvements or how a situation could have been handled differently, written differently. Complaining is just annoying. Literally just posting something about how much you hate "Gimple the Pimple" or whoever the fuck else is not constructive. And it's so so overdone and like plague of its own all covering the site. It's not discussion nor criticism. It's just junk. It's more garbage than the show could ever achieve.

And all this makes mobile use of this site ten times more aggravating than it already is. Scrolling through the pages on a mobile web browser requires the most ridiculously precise screen touches because the page numbers overlap and are so small. The sites mobile format isn't perfect but I'm fine with it. Up until I have to excruciatingly go through 20 pages of dogshit "Gimple the Pimple" posts to get to a nugget of gold that's actual spoilers or speculation or discussion. Like I can deal with mobile format not being great, but the shitposts making every thread over 20 pages long, annoying as hell.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I think you captured my point more eloquitely than I.
    And yes. I realize that pointing out the complaining, is complaining in itself. But for the ratio of how much of the same copy paste complaints I see here, someone had to speak up. This is ridiculous. I don't see anyone mention how every comment is the same complaint over and over and there's a huge lack of discussion anymore save for a handful of people. But there's at least 10 useless comments of complaints that "beat a dead horse" between every actual discussion and the people that reply to the discussion with some actual substance. I usually ignore all of it, but it's increasingly annoying as the community of this site has grown more in these come and go complainers and the more serious theoriziers and fans up for discussion have left the site, many due to this influx of haters and complainers. Who themselves have caused a shit show on this site.

I'm trying to say, there's a difference between criticism and complaining. Criticism is constructive and offers suggestions for improvements or how a situation could have been handled differently, written differently. Complaining is just annoying. Literally just posting something about how much you hate "Gimple the Pimple" or whoever the fuck else is not constructive. And it's so so overdone and like plague of its own all covering the site. It's not discussion nor criticism. It's just junk. It's more garbage than the show could ever achieve.

And all this makes mobile use of this site ten times more aggravating than it already is. Scrolling through the pages on a mobile web browser requires the most ridiculously precise screen touches because the page numbers overlap and are so small. The sites mobile format isn't perfect but I'm fine with it. Up until I have to excruciatingly go through 20 pages of dogshit "Gimple the Pimple" posts to get to a nugget of gold that's actual spoilers or speculation or discussion. Like I can deal with mobile format not being great, but the shitposts making every thread over 20 pages long, annoying as hell.
    I completely agree with both of you. I said my piece a while back and then I left this site for a while. These people have chased many members off this site by attacking them for a differing opinion or for actually enjoying the show. They think they're the be all end all of TWD critics and the show should do as they command as if there aren't millions of fans who still enjoy it. I admit it has its problems, especially over the last few years, but I still love the show and its characters and hope for it to get better. When you call these people out you'll just get the same, tired ass, convoluted excuse over and over again; "we're allowed to voice our opinion if you don't like it leave". They hide behind the facade of its "just my opinion" so they can trash the show and its fans every chance they get without any consequences. Anyone who sits around and posts multiple shit posts on a TV show's forum every day just proves to the rest of us that they have absolutely no life whatsoever, and it doesn't matter how they try and deny it, everyone knows they're full of shit. The sad part is its a relatively small group of the same people who have taken over the forum with their negativity and I don't see it changing any time soon. You'll never get an intelligent response from them outside of "its my opinion blah blah blah", but I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast