1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level

Season 9 Death Pool (Comic Spoilers)

Who do you think is dying in Season 9?

I think Tara is done for sadly. Yumiko & Magna are most likely joining the show in S9 so they'll replace her as the resident lesbos and there really isn't much left you can do with Tara's character without repeating stuff and Alanna has been on the show since S4 so it'll be her 6th season so she probably gets paid quite well and AMC would LOVE to get that money back considering she isn't really a fan favorite (I like her though). I think she'll take Rosita's death.

I think Gabriel's time is probably up. The Whisperers also will most likely be featured in this season and that is when he dies in the comic. I know things get remixed but like Alanna, Seth has been on the show for a while and his character has reached its limits.

Next on my list is Gregory (another character I like a lot). Let's be honest, he's been on borrowed time for a long time, he doesn't really serve much of a purpose right now and he's pretty much useless as far as what he contributes so they really don't need him and he's wronged them so much and in the comics he's an essential part of the Maggie storyline. Without The Saviors I don't really know how he stays alive because he literally has no allies now.

I think another death will be Jadis. No reason. Just more of a feeling.

Jerry will die too. Same as Jadis. No real reason but they'll need a semi fan favorite to die at the hands of The Whisperers. He may actually replace Ezekiel.

Oh, and Carol is dying. She has to. I have a feeling that THIS will be the season her stoopit ass finally dies. I'm telling you guys. It's happening.

Other thoughts:

I don't want to make predictions about Maggie yet because who really knows what's going to happen. It also hurts to think about that. I think Michonne's time may be up soon on TWD for similar reasons to Maggie with Danai's career in Hollywood blowing up but they may be able to keep her till S10 which also works if she gets a remix of the Andrea death in the comics as she died shortly after The Whisperer War. Dwight could go either way because Daryl basically is Dwight without the burned face and the biggest part of Dwight's story has already been told.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Tara is definitely dying ALA a smaller version of the pikes. Jerry will be on there as well, probably Scott and Dianne too. Ezekiel is up in the air; hell be on it IF they decide to pursue Carol and Zeke storyline relations. Carol is not going to die, ever, unless McBride wants off the show.

I dont see Jadis dying I see her filling some story with Negan remixed. Shes still too new. Maggie is definitely up in the air, but I have no idea how it would happen. It would be a shock, but it also wouldnt. I honestly predict that this is going to be the penultimate season and that season 10 will be it.

So, in short, I see Tara, Scott, Dianne, Jerry, and possibly depending on story, Zeke and/or Maggie. Everyone else is safe.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    It's funny to say this because of where the show is right now and who is running it but I think for once the show has potential to be better than the comic because The Whisperer Arc kinda sukt.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    It's funny to say this because of where the show is right now and who is running it but I think for once the show has potential to be better than the comic because The Whisperer Arc kinda sukt.
    Everything after the Saviors has sucked in the comic. It should have honestly ended right after the time jump showing things get better. I hope that’s how they end the show - or at least something like that.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    Whisperers are going to conveniently thin the cast early on (as they did in comic). Heads on pikes on pikes on pikes... Easy way to pay less for a later season show as it was easy for Kirkman to conclude several character arcs all at once... (Tara, Ezekiel, Rosita, Michonne?, dare I say Carol...nah)

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    I hope they kill a lot of people and develop the better ones and bring in new better characters to replace the stale ones that she killed.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    Sure bets IMO are Gabriel and Gregory. I just don’t see much left storywise for either character especially in Gabriel’s case. I could see Aaron and Tara dying sometime soon also. I’d like to think that by the end of season 9 Negan will be Dead, but doubt it. The one thing you can guarantee IMO is that there’s no way in hell that they’re killing Daryl or Carol off.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    A lot of horses will die

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    After killing Carl I'm positive Rick, Daryl, and Carol are safe for the long run.

As for everyone else... I think it's up in the air. Depending on what Kang does with this story arc.

I don't think the Whisperers arc will play out like the comics, other than their initial introduction.

The mains most at risk are Tara and Gabe. I'm sure Jerry and a few other familiar supporting characters will also die.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Huner with a T View Post
    After killing Carl I'm positive Rick, Daryl, and Carol are safe for the long run.

As for everyone else... I think it's up in the air. Depending on what Kang does with this story arc.

I don't think the Whisperers arc will play out like the comics, other than their initial introduction.

The mains most at risk are Tara and Gabe. I'm sure Jerry and a few other familiar supporting characters will also die.
    I hope you are wrong about Daryl. He needs to die on the show at some point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast