1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    I am King, everything is possible. King Grimes's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    742 Post(s)
    Level

Fan Fiction Rules

We want to make this as easy as possible for those who want to post fanfiction here, so here are some quick guidelines to follow:

1. Please try your best with grammar and spelling. You don't have to type like an English professor, but having a coherent story is the best way to get the most readers.

2. Canon stories with characters from the show belong in this forum only, although it's perfectly fine to add original characters and twists to the storyline. All stories set in a zombie universe that is not part of the Walking Dead should go to it's appropriate forum, and crossovers should go to it's appropriate forum.

3. Stories that are rated-R or "NC-17" need to be labeled as such in the title of threads and in the template regardless of pairing, fandom, genre or subject. Some examples of subjects that would automatically qualify a story for being rated R or NC-14 include:

* Graphic violence
    * Repeated use of the F word, especially in reference to fornication.
    * Description of character's sexual body parts or bodily function in any level of detail.
    * Description of any sex acts, including but not limited to actual intercourse, masturbation, oral sex, voyeurism, and any other fetishes.
    * Rape
    * Character abuse
    * Graphic character death
    * Explicit descriptions of drug use

If in doubt, just ask one of the Mods.

4. If you do not wish to post the fanfiction directly here, you may link to your material elsewhere. Do not link to other message boards however. Places that are allowed to be linked to are:

- LiveJournal -
    - FanFiction.net
    - Any author's personal web site or story archive
    - Any author's personal blog or journal
    - Any fandom story archives for individual fandoms

Please also provide a short summary, genre, etc for readers here when you link them to elsewhere. We like to keep our stories as organized as possible.

5. The following subjects are disallowed outright here on Spoil The Dead in ALL FORUMS:

* incest - sexual situations between family members
    * Chan or pedophilia - sexual situations between adults and minors
    * pedo-erotica - sexual situations between characters under the age of 16, even if they are both consensual. This is ILLEGAL to read in many countries.
    * bestiality - sexual situations between humanoids and non-humanoids.
    * links to other sites that contain the above topics.

6. Hopefully this will never be a problem, but please only post or link to fanfiction written by you. Plagiarism is not okay and is against the rules.

7. General feedback is welcome and heavily encouraged, but please keep any criticism constructive and helpful for the author to improve their work, and remember to follow the general rules of the site regarding respect.

8. Everything in a fiction piece is considered 100% fiction, regardless of what an author may have posted elsewhere in the community.

Lastly we reserve the right to add to or amend this list as we deem necessary.

Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to your participation in the future.
    Last edited by Ripley; March 26th, 2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: added # 8

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    This is a great way to determine how to rate your latest chapter or story, http://movies.about.com/od/miscellan...lm-ratings.htm

Putting your rating at the very top of your posted piece, and repeating it with each addition is also a terrific way to prep your readers for what they will find !

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Linking to Archive of Our Own (AO3) is not allowed?

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Hello, I have been trying to figure out how to post my own fan fiction here but cannot find a “New Thread” button or the equivalent. Please help.
    I have a 33 chapter long serial, that is set in TWD universe but none of the characters are involved in anyway.
    I also have short stories that DO involve characters from TWD.
    I would very much like to share them here.
    Thank you.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1277 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadcave View Post
    Hello, I have been trying to figure out how to post my own fan fiction here but cannot find a “New Thread” button or the equivalent. Please help.
    I have a 33 chapter long serial, that is set in TWD universe but none of the characters are involved in anyway.
    Thank you.
    Since I am not a fan fiction aficionado, I can't help. I am tagging @Sassenach, one of the mods here, to bring your question to her attention. I see you are new here. Welcome. Things are pretty slow in terms of show discussion since Covid seems to have shut down production, but we're here in various threads if you'd like to join in any of our discussions.

I hope you learn how to post your fan fiction here. Others have. I just haven't read any of it.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    It is well with my soul Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadcave View Post
    Thank you.
    Welcome to the forum @Deadcave! I believe that new members have to make something like 5 or 10 posts before they are allowed to start new threads.

So all you have to do is post more and the button to start new threads should appear soon.

Please PM me if there is anything I can help you with.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Ok, must’ve been some line or two that I missed when reading the forum rules. Thanks.