Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Level

Zombieland 2 on Track for October 2019 Release, Original Cast to Return

Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick have become an in-demand screenwriting duo as of late. In addition to writing 2016’s bawdy smash Deadpool and (along with co-writer Ryan Reynolds) penning this weekend’s Deadpool 2, they’re currently working on Michael Bay’s Six Underground, board-game adaptation Clue, the Chris Pratt vehicle Cowboy Ninja Viking (their original script for it has mostly gone by the wayside, but they’re still producing), and YouTube Red series Wayne. But just ten years ago, they were unknowns in Hollywood — that is, until a little movie called Zombieland came along.

Combining zombie action, intelligent comedy, quirky romance, and an extended Bill Murray cameo, the film — written by the pair and directed by Ruben Fleischer — was a surprise smash, earning $102.4 million on a $23.6 million budget. It starred Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin as common folks on the run in a post-apocalyptic America, teaming up with a crazed survivalist played by Woody Harrelson. It left the door open for a sequel, one that fans — and cast members — have clamored for ever since. And, according to Reese and Wernick, it looks like they might not have to wait much longer.

“We’re going on the tenth anniversary of Zombieland,” Wernick tells Vulture. “Zombieland came out October of 2009. We don’t know what you get someone for their tenth anniversary, but it may be a Zombieland 2.” Though he hedged with that “may be,” it seems like it’s not so far from a “will be.” “The hope is that we’re shooting that thing early 2019 for an October of ’19 release,” Wernick added — then tossed in even more good news for devotees: “With the original cast, by the way.”

They were mum beyond that, and say they have details they can’t give out just yet, but that it’s all positive. “We are sitting on information that we can’t entirely share at this moment,” Wernick added, “but we can just say we think fans of Zombieland who have been hoping for a Zombieland 2, that we will grant their wish very, very soon.” Break out the Twinkies.

http://amp.vulture.com/2018/05/zombi...9-release.html

- - - Updated - - -

Zombieland 2: Emma Stone leads original cast in signing up for much-anticipated sequel set for October 2019 release

The first film was a cult classic, when it was released in 2009.

And now, a decade later, fans will rejoice as they learn that the original cast are set to congregate for the sequel to Zombieland.

The cast, which includes Emma Stone, Woody Harrelson, Abigail Breslin and and Jesse Eisenberg is set to start shooting early next year and be released in time for Halloween 2019.

The writers - Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who are also responsible for the mega-successful Deadpool - have admitted they're keen to release it on Zombieland's 10th anniversary [October 7th 2009].

On top of this, it looks as though it could be released in just over a year, aiming for an October 2019 premiere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ed-sequel.html

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Awesome- just goes to show anybody and everybody can do zombies better than TWD

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Level
    Can’t wait!! I only wish they would’ve made the sequel years ago.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Fuck yes! Love that movie!! I hope none of them die and its just as funny as the first. (:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    Can’t wait!! I only wish they would’ve made the sequel years ago.
    Same. I hope Emma will have her dark hair because she's stunning as a brunette.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish the Zombieland show was successful. We need more zombie, horror and supernatural shows.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Oh! Cool. I can’t wait to see it. I loved Zombieland.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    Don't know how well it would do in 2018. Unless you are a hardcore zombie fan I think most casuals at this point have zombie fatigue. I'd still watch it though.

Emma Stone might be able to sell it though because she seems to be a pretty big deal these days but I think it might just be too late. I mean, 2009 (for Zombieland) and 2010 (for TWD) are a lot different than 2018. It was zombie EVERYTHING then and for many years after.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Zombieland is one of my favorites, so Zombieland 2 definitely has my interest!! They can always come up with more survival rules on par with "Cardio", "Double Tap" "When in doubt, know your way out", and "It's a marathon, not a sprint. Unless it's a sprint, then sprint." LOL. And bring Woody Harrelson back! It's too bad Bill Murray died in the original, though.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Level

Love Zombieland! So this is great news and cannot wait to see the next installment. Hopefully it does not disappoint.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Level
    The trailer’s finally out.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Looks kinda cool, that fuckin Jim jarmush “ dead don’t die “ was one I was lookin forward to but again these cocksuckers have to throw their dopey politics in like it fuckin matters