Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1245 Post(s)
    Level

FTWD: Season Four Ratings

While it remains AMC's second highest performing scripted series, it isn't hauling in the ratings. It has not yet been renewed or cancelled.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/f...-four-ratings/

Ratings per season 4 episode through 4.05 are shown in the table in the article

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it'll be awhile though not sure. I do believe it'll get a renewal though as they really don't have any big name shows on AMC

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    The numbers are basically the same as last season so I have no doubt that it’ll be renewed especially considering how long they’ve stuck with far worse rated shows in the past. It is a little sad that so few are watching though and it looks like the Morgan bump didn’t help at all.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    The main shows' reputation has really hurt the franchise so i'm not one bit surprised, it's also the oversaturation, just think about it, FTWD starts immediately after TWD's season ends, they don't leave any breathing room for the viewers and then wonder why they don't tune in, i still think having a spinoff while your main show is still on air is a bad idea, they should have waited for the main show to end and then start a new show because obviously the main show is going to overshadow the secondary show even if the secondary show is better, it's just common sense .

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Level
    It'll at least get a Season 5. Potentially a Season 6 but it won't go beyond that.

The worst that'll happen is they'll just keep shrinking the budget and killing off characters.

One thing AMC doesn't have to worry about is paying the actors a lot. There is no way they are getting anything close to what Andy, Norman, Lauren, Melissa, Danai and JDM are getting because the show never had freakish ratings. The characters also don't stick around that long either. 2 of the 3 season 1 leads are dead now so I imagine only Kim Dickens is making anything really good. Maybe Lennie James too but that's about it. Obviously Jenna Elfman, Maggie Grace and Garret Dillahunt are known actors but I wouldn't say they are super high in demand these days (maybe Dillahunt a little) so I don't see them getting that much especially in their first season and we don't even know if they'll make it through the season. So AMC doesn't have to worry about paying them all of their budget.

They also don't need to worry about locations as much as the other show. If AMC wanted they could keep moving the show to different cheaper locations every season because they are constantly moving unlike the main show where they are all settled.

The sad thing is none of this is the fault of Fear. It's the fault of the main show. Every time they do something terrible on the main show it hurts the whole brand. You are even seeing it with the Telltale game which is now going on it's final season. I can't imagine they'd be ending it if it was still getting incredible sales.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    It'll at least get a Season 5. Potentially a Season 6 but it won't go beyond that.

The worst that'll happen is they'll just keep shrinking the budget and killing off characters.

One thing AMC doesn't have to worry about is paying the actors a lot. There is no way they are getting anything close to what Andy, Norman, Lauren, Melissa, Danai and JDM are getting because the show never had freakish ratings. The characters also don't stick around that long either. 2 of the 3 season 1 leads are dead now so I imagine only Kim Dickens is making anything really good. Maybe Lennie James too but that's about it. Obviously Jenna Elfman, Maggie Grace and Garret Dillahunt are known actors but I wouldn't say they are super high in demand these days (maybe Dillahunt a little) so I don't see them getting that much especially in their first season and we don't even know if they'll make it through the season. So AMC doesn't have to worry about paying them all of their budget.

They also don't need to worry about locations as much as the other show. If AMC wanted they could keep moving the show to different cheaper locations every season because they are constantly moving unlike the main show where they are all settled.

The sad thing is none of this is the fault of Fear. It's the fault of the main show. Every time they do something terrible on the main show it hurts the whole brand. You are even seeing it with the Telltale game which is now going on it's final season. I can't imagine they'd be ending it if it was still getting incredible sales.
    I personally feel they'll at least do 7 seasons that'd put it at 101 episodes (if all seasons have 16 episodes) and to clarify Telltale said they are cotinuing the TWD brand just that this season is Clem's final season (why they'd label it as the final season I have no idea? Get people hyped?) It wouldn't be the first time they outright lied about stuff though.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it's more complicated than ratings. I'm not defending it at all, but whether it stays on air has more to do with profitability. It's getting more views than other AMC shows like Better Call Saul (love that show), Preacher, Into the Badlands, so I would say it's pretty safe based on that. Plus it lets them put out another episode of Talking Dead, which I'm guessing costs next to nothing. I wouldn't be worried about the show ending anytime soon unless it somehow costs a ton of money to make. I see AMC as the type to milk this cow dry. These shows will be around as long as they're still in the green.

I think we're all kind of always looking through this TWDuniverse through the lense of the ultra high ratings of season 5-6, but it isn't necessarily useful to do so at this point. Ratings don't tell the full story.

Side note, I was looking through menus on the Xbox store and FTWD is in the top selling TV show section.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Fear should be getting the monster ratings that the other show got and it's a damn shame that it hasn't.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Şωɛɛȶ Ɗҽʂƚɾυƈƚιɳ View Post
    Fear should be getting the monster ratings that the other show got and it's a damn shame that it hasn't.
    Thank Gimple for that, Gimple has managed to ruin not only the main's show reputation, but the entire brand .

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow17 View Post
    Thank Gimple for that, Gimple has managed to ruin not only the main's show reputation, but the entire brand .
    I know that, trust me. It's just a shame that the show couldn't get that high when it first came out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast