Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Huner with a T View Post
    I think itís very possible Rick isnít dying... but rather Andy is just taking an extended time off. With Carl gone and bigger communities being introduced, I donít think Rick needs to be in the forefront anymore. I could see something happening where maybe Rick gets severely injured and is gone for a while. Or maybe he simply pulls a Carol and decides to retreat to a house in the woods for a while. It just seems odd that heís only supposed to be in 6 episodes when Andy has said in many interviews he owes it to himself and he fans to give Rick a proper send off... and I donít think thatís happening in 6 episodes.

If Kang can pull it off maybe this will be the start of a more ensemble cast like GOT
    I kind of wished they would have done that with Carl as well. I can't see why they couldn't give some storyline for why either would be out of the picture for a while, and they leave it open for a return of sorts closer to when the show closes up.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Level
    I just got this reply from Lew Temple (Axel)

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Misza View Post
    Nah, I doubt they'll turn Daryl into Rick 2.0. Yes he will lead the show but he probably won't be the leader of Alexandria at least not in the way Rick was. Daryl would be the worst leader ever with his immaturity and impulsiveness and horrible communication skills. I think while Daryl will become the focus of the show Alexandria won't have a definite leader after Ricks death. Probably just a co-eadership of people who have been there the longest.

Carol would be a much better leader since she's finally pulled herself together and worked her crap out last season, but she doesn't want to be a leader and also she's very much a Kingdomer now so that wouldn't make sense either.

Obviously no one else is big enough of a character to take the centre of the shows' focus.

So yeah while it's pretty certain Daryl and Carol will become the centre of the show I doubt any of them will become a definitive leader.
    Wouldn't Michonne be the natural choice to be the next leader of Alexandria? In "Say Yes", Rick told Michonne that he wanted her to lead if something happened to him. That's something I could accept as I think of Michonne as a Grimes. I know there's speculation that Danai might leave too, maybe that's why no one here is talking about this...

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Level
    @Dead Dee I hope Danai leaves when Andrew does, because shes too multi talented to stay on a sinking ship like TWD. I can understand the other actors sticking around because their prospects are pretty slim work wise and TWD is their bread and butter.
    But if the TWD becomes the Caryl show, I am not here for it.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I just got this reply from Lew Temple (Axel)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/De4TMamXcAAeXBL.jpg
    Awww...what a nice reply. Even though Axel was only with us for about 8 episodes back in season 3, I still miss him.
    Thanks for sharing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Dee View Post
    Wouldn't Michonne be the natural choice to be the next leader of Alexandria? In "Say Yes", Rick told Michonne that he wanted her to lead if something happened to him. That's something I could accept as I think of Michonne as a Grimes. I know there's speculation that Danai might leave too, maybe that's why no one here is talking about this...
    Yes, Michonne would be the best choice for leader but the writers haven't been kind to the original females as far as screen time and story lines for a while so I'm not expecting much. I wouldn't be surprised if she leaves. There's much better projects out there for Danai so why waste time on TWD at this point?

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah, I consider Michonne one of the original cast members because she interacted with the vast majority of the early seasons' main characters. I've seen many good arguments why she would be the next logical leader, but I also realize that Danai is multitalented, with several major projects pending.

Quote Originally Posted by Indelible View Post
    @Dead Dee I hope Danai leaves when Andrew does, because shes too multi talented to stay on a sinking ship like TWD. I can understand the other actors sticking around because their prospects are pretty slim work wise and TWD is their bread and butter.
    But if the TWD becomes the Caryl show, I am not here for it.https://i.giphy.com/media/tiZ6sYY0VfSNO/giphy.gif
    PREACH! Danai has more options than most, and as much as I'd miss her ~ she needs to do what's best for her career. Not all of the remaining cast can expect to receive $20 mil for just showing up and, as you said, for some ~ their choices are limited. Watching "Ride The Walking Dead" doesn't interest me either.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Logically I know it makes sense for Danai to leave, she's so talented and I agree she's bound for better things. Emotionally I guess I'm trying to find something good to come out of this. Rick and Michonne are my favorite characters and if they both leave, idk if I'll keep watching. Daryl is my least favorite character and if it's going to be the Dixon show, I'm out. Before all this bad news, I was hoping there'd be a reboot of Daryl. But judging from the season nine photos, with him riding a motorcycle with btw the same greasy long hair, and everyone else is on horseback, it doesn't look good.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    But judging from the season nine photos, with him riding a motorcycle with btw the same greasy long hair, and everyone else is on horseback, it doesn't look good.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree with the main post. If Lincoln and Cohan leave, then re-cast their parts and re-brand the show as something new.
    Their characters are too big to get rid of. Daryl isn't interesting or believable enough to take over from Rick. If they plan to just kill off Maggie and Rick, then they might as well pull the plug on the show.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Yes of course I'm obviously talking about the show's longer future. I don't see Danai staying past season 9. I would be very surprised if she does. Michonne will probably lead ASZ for a moment right after Rick's death before she leaves.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast