Thanks Thanks:  0
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level

Exclamation Fallout 76 Teaser

Hopefully this title isn't just another one of Bethesda's "Cash Grabs". They better have done a much better job on this than the weak showing that Fallout 4 was.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    After Fallout 4 I don't have much faith. I'll wait until E3 though.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Level
    I wasn't so stoked on Fallout 4 either, but it didn't kill the series for me. I'm a long time fan, going literally all the way back to when the first one came out and 4 just didn't have the depth of previous releases. It got too repetitive too fast, I didn't even bother with the expansions. Now New Vegas on the other hand, I think before I met my wife I had logged something like 3000 hours into it while I was in college.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    Meh.

I'm not that excited for this one. I've heard rumors that it's an online one, so it sounds like they're pushing something out quick to make some money, rather than develop another full game.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Wasn't overly pleased with 4 (took me 3 years to go back to it and pick one ending). But it seems like just a hiccup from them. Looking forward to more stuff from this franchise.

Though if it's like Rust from what I've read online, no thanks. I can't handle the grieving (even though it'd be in character for a Fallout world) that I can guess would plague it from day 1. Though looking forward to hearing more for E3.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    I've been playing the B.E.T.A. (Break it Early Test Application, as they call it) and I'm pleasantly surprised. I was a little leery about them doing it MMO style, but, it's actually working! And working quite well. It sucks that they are only doing it in short time slots. Especially if they do it on a day you have to work, or so late at night you can't play due to having to get up so early for work, but, it's supposed to get longer game time slots and more often. Sorry PS4 and PC players! You have to wait! In the meantime, us X Boxers get to level up ahead of time due to X Box getting priority! The good thing about the B.E.T.A. is that all of your stats and everything you've collected rolls right over into the actual game when it releases! That's a big plus! So far, the lions share of the players haven't been dicks trying to kill you to get your gear, although, that will certainly change soon enough. If you get killed, you have to locate where you got killed and respawn as close to possible where you bought the farm so you can get your gear back. Haven't tried the VATS system yet, but I hear-tell it's different, in that the target doesn't stop. They keep coming for you, just a little bit slower. Still don't know everything about the VATS yet. Also, they made the game as survival realistic as possible, in that you have to watch your hunger, thirst, diseases and ailments etc. And stamina plays a much bigger part than in past titles. Also, sleeping on beds or bed rolls on the ground makes you susceptible to getting a disease. Your food and drink also have chance percentages of contracting a disease, so nosh with care! You can set up a camp and build it, then take it back down and carry it to the next location. The weapons, armor etc stations are more in depth, and all repairs and mods are done at those stations, as opposed the FO4, you could do it in your pip boy menu. You no longer use same items such as pipe pistol to repair pipe pistol etc, you actually use the materials and scrap junk you pick up to do repairs and modifications. I can't wait til the next day of playso I can hit level 7. So close. If you have a Nintendo Switch and want the Fallout game, sorry. Not gonna happen. Bethesda announced it isn't doable on the switch.

Read here---> https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fa.../1100-6462843/