Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    I need anything about Mortal Kombat 11

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Level
    Top 5 E3 Games:
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    Smash Bros: Ultimate
    The Last of Us: Part II
    Ghost of Tsushima

5 Other games I'm looking forward to:
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    Spider-Man
    We Happy Few
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

5 games I need to see more of:
    Beyond Good & Evil 2
    Death Stranding
    Sea of Solitude
    Daemon x Machina
    Doom Eternal

5 biggest shockers:
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Devil May Cry 5
    Tales of Vespiria: Definitive Edition
    The World Ends With You: Final Remix
    Gears Tactics (I don't really care for Gears but a tactics could be cool)

So there is my E3 top 20. Very weird year but theres some cool shit to talk about at least.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm annoyed that there wasn't even a mention of a release time frame for Last Of Us 2. At least give us a quarter.

I'm guessing that they're a ways away from releasing it then....

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Level
    Did you really think it would be soon? Uncharted 4 was only released 2 years ago and the Lost Legacy was about a year ago. It takes time to develop games and Naughty Dog makes sure their games are perfect before they release them. Sony Santa Monica spent 5 years working on the new God of War, Guerrilla Games spent 4 years working on Horizon before they released it and Sucker Punch has been working on Ghost of Tsushima for like 4 years now. So it just takes time. It may not take as much time though because Last of Us 2 and 1 aren't drastically different games and it shares at least a few similarities with Uncharted so they can probably reuse some of the stuff from Uncharted 4 even if it needs to be modified a little. Last of Us 2 went in to early production in 2014 but because Naughty Dog has made other games in that time it probably slowed production down a lot. It is true that Naughty Dog has 2 teams but they've said in the past both teams usually start working on the same game once one gets deep in development so they probably took a lot of people away from The Last of Us team halfway through Uncharted 4's development. Also, remember Last of Us also has a MP mode that I hear they are bringing back so they also have to focus on more than just the single player experience.

It also needs some distance from Days Gone because the games share some similarities and Sony owns both of them. We know Days Gone is a early 2019 release so my guess is Last of Us is a late 2019/Early 2020 game so they don't cannibalize each other (or Last of Us doesn't cannibalize Days Gone LOL)

Just like Last of Us was the swan song for PS3 I think it'll be the swan song for PS4.

And I don't even think Death Stranding will be a PS4 game. I think it'll be a PS5 launch title but they just can't say it yet. Kojima hasn't been working on the game that long. Maybe 18 months from start to now so it's gonna be a while. That's why we are only just now seeing even a little bit of gameplay (which is mostly just Daryl walking around) and Kojima also isn't exactly known to rush his games out.

September 2018 = Spider-Man *confirmed*
    Early 2019 = Days Gone *confirmed*
    Mid 2019 = Ghost of Tsushima
    Late 2019/Early 2020 = The Last of Us 2
    At some point in 2020 = PS5 released with Horizon 2, Death Stranding and Gran Turismo as launch year exclusives.

Nioh 2 also got announced but I don't really know if that'll be exclusive. the first one was. Also, FF7 Remake & Shenmue 3 are console exclusives i think but who fucking knows when they'll be released. And I'm sure there is a few more surprises we don't know about yet.

PS4 has a pretty good exclusive line up for a while especially when you consider all the other great multiplatform games that will be released soon. It would be nice if Last of Us 2 was released sooner but I just don't see it and I'd rather it be released as the best possible game it can be instead of rushed out just to make a date.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Did you really think it would be soon? Uncharted 4 was only released 2 years ago and the Lost Legacy was about a year ago. It takes time to develop games and Naughty Dog makes sure their games are perfect before they release them. Sony Santa Monica spent 5 years working on the new God of War, Guerrilla Games spent 4 years working on Horizon before they released it and Sucker Punch has been working on Ghost of Tsushima for like 4 years now. So it just takes time. It may not take as much time though because Last of Us 2 and 1 aren't drastically different games and it shares at least a few similarities with Uncharted so they can probably reuse some of the stuff from Uncharted 4 even if it needs to be modified a little. Last of Us 2 went in to early production in 2014 but because Naughty Dog has made other games in that time it probably slowed production down a lot. It is true that Naughty Dog has 2 teams but they've said in the past both teams usually start working on the same game once one gets deep in development so they probably took a lot of people away from The Last of Us team halfway through Uncharted 4's development. Also, remember Last of Us also has a MP mode that I hear they are bringing back so they also have to focus on more than just the single player experience.

It also needs some distance from Days Gone because the games share some similarities and Sony owns both of them. We know Days Gone is a early 2019 release so my guess is Last of Us is a late 2019/Early 2020 game so they don't cannibalize each other (or Last of Us doesn't cannibalize Days Gone LOL)

Just like Last of Us was the swan song for PS3 I think it'll be the swan song for PS4.

And I don't even think Death Stranding will be a PS4 game. I think it'll be a PS5 launch title but they just can't say it yet. Kojima hasn't been working on the game that long. Maybe 18 months from start to now so it's gonna be a while. That's why we are only just now seeing even a little bit of gameplay (which is mostly just Daryl walking around) and Kojima also isn't exactly known to rush his games out.

September 2018 = Spider-Man *confirmed*
    Early 2019 = Days Gone *confirmed*
    Mid 2019 = Ghost of Tsushima
    Late 2019/Early 2020 = The Last of Us 2
    At some point in 2020 = PS5 released with Horizon 2, Death Stranding and Gran Turismo as launch year exclusives.

Nioh 2 also got announced but I don't really know if that'll be exclusive. the first one was. Also, FF7 Remake & Shenmue 3 are console exclusives i think but who fucking knows when they'll be released. And I'm sure there is a few more surprises we don't know about yet.

PS4 has a pretty good exclusive line up for a while especially when you consider all the other great multiplatform games that will be released soon. It would be nice if Last of Us 2 was released sooner but I just don't see it and I'd rather it be released as the best possible game it can be instead of rushed out just to make a date.
    I was just hoping. The first one came out in 2013.

I'm sure it'll take a while to come out, I was just hoping for sooner.

There's nothing that was really jumping out at me. The Nintendo lineup is probably the most exciting of all, which isn't a great thing. The Sony games are all a ways out. It just seemed like an in-between year, with nothing major coming out this year that wasn't already announced.

I'm sure Death Stranding will be a ways away. It makes sense for it to be a next-gen game, although I haven't heard any rumors that Sony will be releasing a new console. I've heard about Xbox maybe releasing something in 2020, but that's far from proof.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12