Status
    beautiful and brilliant Cheekbones's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Level

FIFA World Cup 2018

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/teams/

I am beyond pleased with the current Group E standing but given that Serbia has to go against Switzerland and Brazil next, their chances of advancing are slim. Some great surprises so far.

here’s a great goal from Serbia

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.sbna...youll-ever-see

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Level
    Croatia just defeated Argentina 3-0. Slavic dominance!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Jesus christ Argentina

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWX14 View Post
    Jesus christ Argentina
    I’m shocked but not really. Look how badly they played. Not passing to Messi when he was up front.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    "Don't cry for me, Argentina!"

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ZINC View Post
    I’m shocked but not really. Look how badly they played. Not passing to Messi when he was up front.
    And that's the problem. Messi shouldn't have to carry the Argentina national team.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm still harking back to 1986 which was the last time Canada was in the World Cup. I had a t-shirt.

They lost to France 1-nil, Hungary 2-nil, and Soviet Union 2-nil

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Level
    And that's the problem. Messi shouldn't have to carry the Argentina national team.
    Ronaldo is doing just fine carrying the Portugal team to be fair. Messi is far too negative as captain nonetheless. With how badly they’ve played even during the qualifiers they really need to go out at the group stage. My boyfriend was confident Messi would carry them to 16 but that was because he underestimated Croatia. We shall see whether Iceland’s really a dark horse.

Who do you predict will advance in group F? Mexico’s defense was excellent and it sounds like Germany learned its lesson going forward whereas Sweden will continue to play the same way so I think it will be Mexico and Germany.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    I'm still harking back to 1986 which was the last time Canada was in the World Cup. I had a t-shirt.

They lost to France 1-nil, Hungary 2-nil, and Soviet Union 2-nil

Thank you for highlighting my second country’s defeat in the ancient past while I’m here proud of the motherland. My Canadian nationalism is reserved for our dominance in Hockey.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ZINC View Post
    Ronaldo is doing just fine carrying the Portugal team to be fair. Messi is far too negative as captain nonetheless. With how badly they’ve played even during the qualifiers they really need to go out at the group stage. My boyfriend was confident Messi would carry them to 16 but that was because he underestimated Croatia. We shall see whether Iceland’s really a dark horse.

Who do you predict will advance in group F? Mexico’s defense was excellent and it sounds like Germany learned its lesson going forward whereas Sweden will continue to play the same way so I think it will be Mexico and Germany.

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/uuYXQAZ.jpg

Thank you for highlighting my second country’s defeat in the ancient past while I’m here proud of the motherland. My Canadian nationalism is reserved for our dominance in Hockey.
    I think Mexico and Germany are clear favorites, but that's easier to say than what will be realized. Sweden is very defense-minded, Germany has their work cut out for them. They need an early goal to force Sweden into pushing forward and exposing themselves, because otherwise it might be 0-0 most of the match.

If Sweden draw with Germany, Mexico would have to beat South Korea and then tie Sweden to knock Germany out. That sounds like an unfortunate series of events, but look what happened with us against Trinidad/Tobago lol.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Mexico and Germany are clear favorites, but that's easier to say than what will be realized. Sweden is very defense-minded, Germany has their work cut out for them. They need an early goal to force Sweden into pushing forward and exposing themselves, because otherwise it might be 0-0 most of the match.

If Sweden draw with Germany, Mexico would have to beat South Korea and then tie Sweden to knock Germany out. That sounds like an unfortunate series of events, but look what happened with us against Trinidad/Tobago lol.

It was the same with Mexico - highly defense minded - so I hope Low has refined strategy for today. They played pretty lazily against Mexico so you know they’re going to be more aggressive today.

There is no “us” against Trinidad & Tobago LOL. Nothing American about me and the US is the last team I’d cheer for.

Yesterday was intense. I could only go by live updates because of work but Brazil not scoring until injury time, and Serbia scoring in 5 minutes at still getting nervous after Xhaka scores was just tense as hell. The fucking refree and useless of VAR not calling the penalty after Mitrovic was got gangbanged pisses me off. How convenient. There’s some hope after how Brazil has been playing but I’m not counting on a win. It’s sad because I love Kolarov, Stojkovic, Matic and Branislav Ivanovic but they’re old already and will be too old for 2022.

Also Iceland? So much for the dark horse, they just gave Argentina hope. Hoping Nigeria manages to at least draw.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast