Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    I was listening to the lsg podcasts of shawshank and green mile. So I went back and watched them and couldn't help thinking darabont would've used one of his stable of go to actors for the role. I think if William Sadler was a bit younger he would have made a cool governor.
    whistlers by and large just piss me off I mean unless you're building a bridge over the river Kwai I don't see the need
    You didn't like Morrissey as gubner? Wonder how Tim Robbins would have worked out - I think he might have been good, but I did like Morrissey. I thought the whistling while stalking Andrea really added to the menace and suspense. It didn't have the same effect on me with Negan in the clearing. I had completely forgotten about gubner doing it, but by the time the season 6 finale aired, we knew about the cliffhanger. Negan's whistling did add some eeriness, but I was so prepared for the letdown that I couldn't really go with the flow of the episode.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    You didn't like Morrissey as gubner? Wonder how Tim Robbins would have worked out - I think he might have been good, but I did like Morrissey. I thought the whistling while stalking Andrea really added to the menace and suspense. It didn't have the same effect on me with Negan in the clearing. I had completely forgotten about gubner doing it, but by the time the season 6 finale aired, we knew about the cliffhanger. Negan's whistling did add some eeriness, but I was so prepared for the letdown that I couldn't really go with the flow of the episode.
    I didn't mind Morrissey I didn't care for the writing but hey what else is new. I just thought the governor should have been a greasy haired sleezeball - actually when I think about it take Darryl put on a eye patch and there you go. Morrissey looked like he stepped out of a Eddie Bauer catalog. I just think darabont would've put more of the GN into the character.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12