Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Possible Casting for Magna

Just over a week ago, I came across some actors that I thought could be joining the cast of TWD in S9, based off of their social media. I started a tracking thread on another site I'm a member of, since starting that thread, three of my speculated new cast members were confirmed: Lauren Ridloff, Eleanor Matsuura, and Dan Fogler. A fourth person whose possible casting I've been tracking, Angel Theory (AKA Chasity Simpson Gonzalez) hasn't been officially confirmed by any source but she was mentioned in this comicbook.com article about possible new additions to season 9.

That leaves only one actor from my possible casting list who hasn't been confirmed, but based on these other casting confirmations, I'm fairly confident that she's joining the cast. I'm also fairly confident that she'll be playing Magna.

Nadia Hilker

Nadia follows Norman Reedus, Danai Gurira, and Zach McGowan on Instagram (although she and Zach have been following each other since they were on CW's The 100 together a years or two ago). Norman and Danai are some of the biggest names on the cast, so Nadia following them isn't super strong evidence that she's joining the cast.

However, she's followed by Lindsley Register (Laura), Matt Mangum (who plays DJ, a Savior), Zach McGowan, and Angel Theory (another possible new S9 cast member).

Nadia also posted this on Instagram on June 2, in which she says she's going to Atlanta. (I can't get it to show up so I'll just link it for now, sorry)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkfns8VlICl/

It's obviously not super strong evidence that she's joining the cast, but there was even less support for Dan Fogler joining TWD and he was just confirmed.

I'm also fairly confident that she'll be playing Magna. She's the right age and she resembles her quite a bit IMO. She also has experience playing a leader from her time on The 100.

Another big reason I think she's playing Magna is that the cast members that do follow her (Lindsley Register and Matt Mangum) followed her on Instagram around the same time they followed Eleanor Matsuura and Lauren Ridloff. Since those actresses have been confirmed to be playing Yumiko and Connie, it makes sense that the other actors they followed around that same time (Nadia, Angel Theory, Dan Fogler) could be playing the other members of Magna's group (Magna, a remixed/genderbent Kelly, Luke).

I could definitely be wrong about this, but with new cast members starting to be announced and SDCC this weekend, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Angel Theory just posted a video of herself out at dinner with Avi Nash (Siddiq), Lauren Ridloff (Connie), Eleanor Matsuura (Yumiko), Dan Fogler (Luke?), and Nadia Hilker. I know the screenshots are kinda shitty but I did the best that I could.

That's Nadia Hilker in the middle. Lauren Ridloff is on the left and Eleanor Matsuura is on the right.

Here's Avi Nash and Dan Fogler:

Magna confirmed?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    She does not photograph well but yeah probably magna

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by miltonthebutler View Post
    Angel Theory just posted a video of herself out at dinner with Avi Nash (Siddiq), Lauren Ridloff (Connie), Eleanor Matsuura (Yumiko), Dan Fogler (Luke?), and Nadia Hilker. I know the screenshots are kinda shitty but I did the best that I could.

That's Nadia Hilker in the middle. Lauren Ridloff is on the left and Eleanor Matsuura is on the right.
    http://i68.tinypic.com/311tiiv.jpg

Here's Avi Nash and Dan Fogler:
    http://i67.tinypic.com/2n23dvq.png

Magna confirmed?
    Very likely. Here's a video of Angel Theory's IG instastory - video uploaded by BowlFullofAwesome

Looks very similar to this picture of Nadia Hilker.

I think she could definitely be Magna.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Just wanted to throw in that one of Angel Theory's video shows her singing a song and using ASL as well. Maybe she is indeed Kelly and is able to communicate with Connie in the show since both actresses know ASL. I know nothing about Angel Theory but saw one of her instagram videos and decided to share.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Level
    Could also be a random new Savior or resident at one of the settlements. We still need a replacement for Sherry if Sherry doesn't return.

I also have a theory that they could age Lydia up and have Dwight do that storyline if Sherry doesn't return because Coral is dead and the Lydia/Coral storyline is kinda important to the Whisperers arc and it was huge for Coral as a character as she was the one that got him to embrace the damage that happened to his face. The only other character on the show that has damage to their face is Dwight and if Sherry doesn't return and Dwight doesn't rejoin the Saviors he's gonna need some storyline. It would also be interesting if Dwight joined The Whisperers after Daryl sent him away. It would give us a familiar face when they do Whisperer scenes for the same reasons the show put Andrea in Woodbury and Eugene in The Sanctuary.

I mean, it's always possible that Henry gets the Lydia storyline but it won't mean as much because Henry's face isn't fukt up.

This could be Magna also but I just wouldn't rule out it being Lydia since Lydia only appears 6 issues after Magna's group arrives.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    There’s a strong possibility it may be her.... also with the recent news of focus on female leadership there seems to be a lot of speculation that Magna will kinda become the new leader... essentially sweep in and take Rick’s place.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mistertrouble189 View Post
    Just wanted to throw in that one of Angel Theory's video shows her singing a song and using ASL as well. Maybe she is indeed Kelly and is able to communicate with Connie in the show since both actresses know ASL. I know nothing about Angel Theory but saw one of her instagram videos and decided to share.
    Thank you! I know from her website that Angel Theory is deaf in her right ear, but I didn't know for sure whether or not she knew ASL. I thought she might, and I figured that she would probably act as a translator for Connie to people outside Magna's group who don't speak ASL, but it's nice to have confirmation. I definitely think she's playing a remixed Kelly, mainly because I've yet to come across anyone who fits Kelly's comic description and could be joining the show.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    @Jay those are good theories. But I don't think Austin has filmed at all so far this season, and with the rumors of a big time jump and Henry being recast as an older teen, I think they're going to keep Lydia as a teenager. Plus, Lindsley Register and Angel Theory followed Nadia on instagram at around the same time they followed Eleanor Matsuura and Lauren Ridloff, which tells me they probably all joined the show at the same time. Since they've been confirmed to be Yumiko and Connie, Nadia as Magna makes the most sense to me. BUT I will say that Nadia Hilker was my fancast for Magna even before S9 started filming, so I'm a little biased.
    @Huner with a T I've seen that theory and I can see where it's coming from, but I don't see Magna (or anyone else) becoming the leader of Alexandria while Michonne is still around. I get that Danai is a sure bet to leave the show soon, but I don't see her leaving immediately after Rick's death. Michonne is the most logical choice to lead Alexandria after Rick, and I think she'll be in charge throughout the rest of S9. But if/when Danai leaves, I could see Magna succeeding Michonne.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Level
    But like I said, Lydia and Magna join around the same time in the comics. It's very likely that this actress is related to Magna's group but it also could just be a dinner with all the new people on the show so it wouldn't shock me if it was someone else and Lydia is another option or someone else entirely. She's probably too young to be Alpha though.

I imagine we'll find out this week who she is. With all the negativity surrounding TWD right now they'll want to do something that creates buzz and revealing Magna's group could be the new Abe's Army.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast