Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level

AMC TV Show Ratings (Updated 7/24/2018)

I didn't know where to put this thread, since its purpose is to illustrate the decline in viewership of TWD and increase in viewership of FTWD, but it provides a snapshot of ratings trends as of today (7.24.2018) impacting AMC Networks, Inc. The TWD decline, of which we've been aware for awhile, is a bit of a shocker when seen in the context of all of AMC's program offerings. It still tops the list, and while FTWD is on the rise, it's nowhere close. Will TWD turn things around, or will we see larger year over year ratings deficits?

I was shocked that Better Call Saul wasn't doing better. It's such a great show; but then, so was Halt and Catch Fire which never really caught on with the audiences.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/a...ratings-33643/

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Level
    TWD’s numbers are not a surprise at all. They’re getting everything they deserve for how they’ve run it into the ground. I am happy about FTWD’s numbers although I’d expect them to drop after killing off Madison and Nick. @Beatrice I can’t explain Better Call Saul’s numbers either. It’s by far the best show on tv. I also agree with you on Halt and Catch Fire. It was criminally underrated IMO, but at least it got a proper ending.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    TWD’s numbers are not a surprise at all. They’re getting everything they deserve for how they’ve run it into the ground. I am happy about FTWD’s numbers although I’d expect them to drop after killing off Madison and Nick. @Beatrice I can’t explain Better Call Saul’s numbers either. It’s by far the best show on tv. I also agree with you on Halt and Catch Fire. It was criminally underrated IMO, but at least it got a proper ending.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens to FTWD's numbers in the back half, since Madison died in the MSF. Will her death cost them viewers or will the addition of the new characters more than make up for it? I noticed FTWD's future has not yet been announced. Considering it's AMC's #2 scripted show, I can't imagine they would cancel it. I wonder what's up with that. Many here have speculated it merging with TWD. I truly hope not. It's still much fresher than TWD with a significantly smaller cast of more interesting characters whose presence would be highly diluted in a merge, just like the few remaining interesting characters in TWD are washed out in the interest of serving multiple storylines and communities.

I seriously don't get the decline in Better Call Saul. I admit that after watching the first episode, which I thought was great, I was not compelled to tune in again. I don't know why, but I just didn't. Bingeing got me back into it, but now I'm going to have to watch season 4 like a normal person, commercials, one week between episodes, etc.

I loved the ending to Halt and Catch Fire and would love to see a spinoff, which the ending set up perfectly for, but considering how little audience interest there was in the original, I don't reckon AMC would justify it.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Where is Talking Dead? That would be above a lot of those shows if it was listed.

But yeah, poor Preacher. They better at least give us one more season. It's ranked above a lot of the others so hopefully it gets renewed even if it keeps dropping horribly.

It is funny when you look at Low Winter Sun though. Once considered one of AMCs biggest flops it now tramples most of the shows AMC puts out now as far as how many tuned in. Really shows you how much AMC has lowered their bar of what they expect their ratings to be like.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Out of all those shows I only watched TURN and Hell on Wheels and I really liked both of those. TWD numbers are still good even though they have dropped so much, but it's true, AMC won't be cancelling it anytime soon since it makes up the majority of it's business.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    @Jay I wondered about Talking Dead, too. It looks like this list contains only scripted shows, for whatever reason.
    @KerryGold I enjoyed TURN, as well. Simcoe ended up being my favorite character. I never really warmed up to Anna. I was ready for it to end when it did, though.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Just goes to show you how stupid human race is.

Those falling ratings are

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Level
    I’m kinda surprised at the numbers Hell On Wheels was pulling in considering the bad timeslots it was put in, but I guess it all comes down to the 18-49 demo. I’m just glad someone at AMC liked it enough to let it last 5 seasons.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    @Jay I wondered about Talking Dead, too. It looks like this list contains only scripted shows, for whatever reason.
    @KerryGold I enjoyed TURN, as well. Simcoe ended up being my favorite character. I never really warmed up to Anna. I was ready for it to end when it did, though.
    I liked Simcoe, too, Mary Woodhull became another favorite of mine. Simcoe/Sam Roukin character and performance were especially fun to watch, and Owain Yeoman was a good Benedict Arnold. Anna was ok to start, but I felt like they were trying to keep her around longer than she needed to be there. I found myself reading a lot of history while watching that show at first to see what was accurate/dramatized, but then just for enjoyment. Glad they wrapped it up and didn't leave it unfinished.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Where is Talking Dead? That would be above a lot of those shows if it was listed.

But yeah, poor Preacher. They better at least give us one more season. It's ranked above a lot of the others so hopefully it gets renewed even if it keeps dropping horribly.

It is funny when you look at Low Winter Sun though. Once considered one of AMCs biggest flops it now tramples most of the shows AMC puts out now as far as how many tuned in. Really shows you how much AMC has lowered their bar of what they expect their ratings to be like.
    I think we have to be honest and say that the only reason TTD gets those ratings is because it comes right after TWD, just look at any other Talking show on AMC and see how they perform, even FTWD only got it's highest ratings of this season because the premiere came right after TWD finale .