Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level

General Season 9 Speculation Based Off of the Trailer

I think the first 5ish episodes are focusing on the uneasiness between the Saviors and the other communities as they try to rebuild the bridge that is seen to have crumbled in the trailer.

It also looks like Rick is severely injured and the group comes to his aid as walkers approach the construction site.

And as a side note... the trailer showed Toledo being a new community. Im pretty sure Toledo is name of the Commonwealth in the show. Toledo is a city in Ohio, which is where the Commonwealth is supposed to be located.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    I am wondering if they are fixing the bridge to get to DC? Like maybe part of the first 5 or so episodes are flashbacks. Really with this show I never have a clue or get anything right. lol

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Bet the horde comes in and Rick “sacrifices” himself and breaks the bridge and he gets washed away and his fate is left up in the air until 9x16 where we get a quick glimpse that he’s alive and well.

JK. Maybe.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia Dixon View Post
    I am wondering if they are fixing the bridge to get to DC? Like maybe part of the first 5 or so episodes are flashbacks. Really with this show I never have a clue or get anything right. lol
    Possibly. That would make sense. Although I'm fairly certain they reach DC in the first episode without the use of the bridge.

They may also be using it to build a quicker and safer pathway between communities.

I think the tent city in the woods they have is like the base camp building site.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    It is weird we didn't see much of any of the communities at their homes. Only at the tent city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huner with a T View Post
    Possibly. That would make sense. Although I'm fairly certain they reach DC in the first episode without the use of the bridge.

They may also be using it to build a quicker and safer pathway between communities.

I think the tent city in the woods they have is like the base camp building site.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    Toledo could be just a nod to M*A*S*H. They had a similiar signpost on that show, and Klinger was from Toledo. And the HQ means either one of Hilltop or Kingdom (I guess Hilltop)

And why do they have that tent city anyways?

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    It'll blow.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I really can’t see Rick just leaving from a storyline standpoint. Judith, Michonne, and the rest of his “family” is at the communities. He has lead and built up the group since the beginning and then he just leaves? I get maybe him trying to draw a group of walkers away, but him leaving for good wouldn’t make sense. They would send a search party out for him or he would simply come back. Then it’s rumored that there will be a 5+ year timeskip and he’s still not there. As much as I would want to see Andrew Lincoln return in a later season or finale, him dying only would be right.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by nb021 View Post
    I really can’t see Rick just leaving from a storyline standpoint. Judith, Michonne, and the rest of his “family” is at the communities. He has lead and built up the group since the beginning and then he just leaves? I get maybe him trying to draw a group of walkers away, but him leaving for good wouldn’t make sense. They would send a search party out for him or he would simply come back. Then it’s rumored that there will be a 5+ year timeskip and he’s still not there. As much as I would want to see Andrew Lincoln return in a later season or finale, him dying only would be right.
    I agree, having him "just gone" would be weak. Though it's still weak to write out a main character in this manner, I'd accept that he might leave to take a leadership role in rebuilding society in the Commonwealth or as part of a well-organized exploration of the New World, but a situation where he becomes Heath 2.0 I don't care for. I honestly think they are going to kill him off and give Maggie a more flexible exit.