Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Interesting.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Playing himself would be extremely strange in a role larger than a cameo. Too much RL baggage, and there are enough crazy people out there that can't keep reality and fiction blurring together already.
    I kind of like the idea of a big reveal of Beta's true self, but I hope they don't keep him under wraps for too long.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This doesn't even feel real. If you've been on this site for years you'd know I've been pushing for this dude to have a role for a long ass time. He was who I wanted to play Jesus and that didn't happen. Then I've been pushing for him to play Beta since. Holy fuck. One of my favorite actors. SoA is literally my favorite show of all time. I also really liked him in Bates Motel and Outsiders.

I'm actually excited for TWD again. I'm sure it'll eventually go back to me being miserable again but for the moment I am pumped. He is this years Ogg.
    I saw this on Twitter yesterday but I didn’t have time to bitch about it till now. Luckily, you did it for me!
    I couldn't have been more disappointed when Tom Payne was cast as Jesus. Tom seemed ok but Ryan would’ve been PERFECT for that role! I loved him in Remember the Titans, SoA, Bates Motel, and of course Outsiders (I was so pissed when that show got cancelled!)

Where I differ from you is that I don’t know how to feel about this. I like Ryan- I’m glad that he finally got a role on this show & I’m glad it’s Beta, such an iconic character. But his face will be hidden & I really wanted him to be on our side! It’s going to be hard for me to dislike him but it may be kinda cool to see him play a villain. I just don’t know how to feel!!

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Level
    He should have been cast as Jesus, but casting him as Beta was a great choice. Still, I doubt it will save the save the show at this point, there has already been too much damage done.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    Playing himself would be extremely strange in a role larger than a cameo. Too much RL baggage, and there are enough crazy people out there that can't keep reality and fiction blurring together already.
    I kind of like the idea of a big reveal of Beta's true self, but I hope they don't keep him under wraps for too long.
    I see your point.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Either way, I do see and agree with what you are saying.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Too bad the character sucks and he dies in the most pathetic way possible in the comics,although considering Jesus is supposed to die this season i wonder if they are going to change that entirely,would probably be the best change from the comics in a long time as that was simply horrible .

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    fucking terrible casting choice.

they should have gone with dirk nowitzki lol.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Level
    I see people online are already bitching about Ryan Hurst not being tall enough (lol)

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffVille View Post
    I see people online are already bitching about Ryan Hurst not being tall enough (lol)
    Internet people are always complaining. About everything nowdays. After some time it becomes boring.

Everybody were stoked on "complain trend" back in 2015 but not anymore.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I always thought that the whole he keeps his face hidden because he's Dirk Nowitzky thing was stupid anyways. Just make him a badass and I'll be happy.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This doesn't even feel real. If you've been on this site for years you'd know I've been pushing for this dude to have a role for a long ass time. He was who I wanted to play Jesus and that didn't happen. Then I've been pushing for him to play Beta since. Holy fuck. One of my favorite actors. SoA is literally my favorite show of all time. I also really liked him in Bates Motel and Outsiders.

I'm actually excited for TWD again. I'm sure it'll eventually go back to me being miserable again but for the moment I am pumped. He is this years Ogg.
    Welcome to the club. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm happy about the casting but the character choice...... it. couldn't. be. fucking. worse.

They couldn't give him a really fucking amazing OC and make him lead? Uggggggggggggggh. What a fucking waste.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast