Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Level

Walker and Crazy Dog Probably Aren't Returning to Fear

Not that it ever seemed very likely but I doubt he'd make this tweet if he ever thought he'd be returning to the show. It's probably the most open we've seen an actor be about TWD that I can think of.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    Michael Greyeyes is saying what most of the FTWD fans are thinking this season. I like most of the new cast members, but they ruined a good thing.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Level
    Yep. I get that Nick had to go because Dillane wanted out, but there was just no excuse for Madison. Instead of having Alicia and Strand flailing over the loss of Madison, we could have had them supporting Madison during her grief over Nick. Madison was resilient and would have come out just fine. She and Morgan would have had an interesting dynamic. It was such a pointless waste. I WANT to still like it, but the back half has had only 2 interesting episodes. It's not the show I fell in love with either.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Level
    That's the thing. The season could have still played out similar without killing Madison. Like, Nick's death would have been enough to make the group go the way they did and seeing Madison all crazy and shit would have been great.

Nick is the son of Maddie, brother of Alicia, BF of Luciana, friend of Charlie and saved Strand's life at the very start. He had a connection to all of the pre-Morgan era characters that could alone have broken them all. Instead they chose to kill Maddie as well and in a way it took away from both character's deaths because Nick's death felt like it didn't matter and people just moved on from it and even though Maddie's death was the one that impacted the characters the most it felt unnecessary because Nick had already died.

They never really gave you the time to take in either's death which is a problem because they were arguably the 2 most important characters of Fear and if any of them deserved to have their time it would have been them but their deaths just kinda happened and a few episodes later we were on to the next storyline and they were forgotten for the most part. At least when Glenn and even Abe died (though 2 deaths was unnecessary) you felt those deaths the whole season. They haunted all of Season 7. Maggie kept talking about Glenn throughout the season and her whole speech at the end of S7 ended with Glenn/Hershel's pocket watch, Daryl felt guilt over Glenn's death and Rosita/Sasha and Eugene took Abe's death bad and Sasha had a dream with Abe in the S7 finale. So from start to finish you felt those deaths. You even felt Denise's death through Tara for like 2 seasons. On Fear the 2 most important characters die and everything is about Morgan and some new characters we don't even know.

I've seen some bad shows that have been even worse than Fear so I'm not saying that Fear is the worst thing on TV but what I've never seen before is this level of disrespect from within a show before. New showrunners of a show joining it and literally shitting on everything that came before and only really giving a fuck about the new stuff they are bringing to the table. How the hell could AMC hire people that didn't like the show they were trying to run and then let them create an entirely new show out of it AS ITS GOING IN TO THE FOURTH FUCKING SEASON.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Level
    Exactly, @Jay. I am not disappointed with Morgan being on this show, but he could have had the same role in addition to supporting Madison through her grief and guilt over having brought in Charlie, much like Morgan suffered over his part in Duane's death by not being able to put down Duane's mother. Charlie could have had the same story with John and June shielding her from Madison, Alicia, and Luciana with the same outcome for Charlie, although I would have preferred Charlie suffer some deathly fate because I can't stand the character. As much as I love Strand, he's not the same GQ snappy man he was in season 1 because his circumstances don't allow that, but he was a better character with Madison around.

There's way more to this story that we'll probably never know. I've noticed Lennie James is the public face of Fear now in promos and commentary on Fear. Kim never had that. It seems like TPTB made a sweetheart deal with Lennie James to move to the other show. That's fine, but he and Dickens could have shared the public limelight and leadership on the show. The group separating and doing their separate things would be far more interesting if Morgan and Madison were leading the troops, and their scenes together, I think, would have been phenomenal.

Imagine Madison being reunited with Al after escaping the ballpark with the group. Instant friends right there. I loved Maddie's relationship with June and Strand, and she would have been so happy for June and John. Losing Nick would have killed her, but she'd still have Alicia to live for and would see hope in characters finding love and growing in strength. I know people die on this show, but this was way too soon. Just think that we could have gotten more backstory on the dam instead of the runup to Madison's death. Gimple likes to leave things hanging and move on. This show wasn't like that until Gimps took it over and cleaned house.

I am so disappointed.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Level
    I just wonder if they'll reverse this decision. It'd be hard now with Kim's new show but if scheduling works they could bring her back in the future. Unlike most deaths hers was never actually shown so as bad shape the show is in right now if AMC wanted the show COULD be salvaged but would Kim even want to return after how they treated her?

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I just wonder if they'll reverse this decision. It'd be hard now with Kim's new show but if scheduling works they could bring her back in the future. Unlike most deaths hers was never actually shown so as bad shape the show is in right now if AMC wanted the show COULD be salvaged but would Kim even want to return after how they treated her?
    I was thinking just that, as well. Alicia's description of Maddie's death didn't work for me because Maddie closed the door to the stadium and those in the car could not see what went on in there. The description of her trying to get out through the tunnels (or whatever) but was blocked - how could they possibly know? Alicia, Strand, and Luciana were able to get in when Al took June, et al., back to get medical stuff for June to treat John's gunshot wound. It's a big stadium with an outside to every wall. Madison would not have just closed the door and stood there. Sure, we saw her do that, but we don't know that that was the last thing she did. Hoping for a Maddie return is not delusional, but hoping the show will do it probably is.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Level
    Alicia and the gang just took a pretty good guess that there is almost no chance that Maddie would have survived that but that doesn't mean there isn't like a 1% chance that she could have survived. Just highly unlikely. I'm not saying it would be believable for her to survive but we've seen stuff like this before on TWD and I'm willing to accept the silliness of it if it brings Maddie back. Anything is possible after Dumpstergate.

At the end of the day Fear is better with Maddie than without.

If AMC is desperate enough maybe they'll do it. We know they love pandering to the audience.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think it would be silly. We didn't see her die. Bringing her back wouldn't be any sillier than walkers filing past her to fill the stadium and staying back because of the flare.

I don't see as much pandering on Fear as on the other show.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    I would gladly expect that her death was a fake out in this instance.

this is the worst "soft reboot" I've seen for a show ever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast