Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1245 Post(s)
    Level

Forbes Review of MM 54 Says It All

To me, this article says it all about season 4. https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#2b88577364ed

Sunday night's episode of Fear The Walking Dead solidifies my discontent with the show. I am annoyed deeply and thoroughly and I'm not sure there's any coming back at this point. I am writing a eulogy for Fear, a show that, from time to time, was actually pretty good.

The author was not a fan of Madison, which several here would agree with although I was, but concedes she was the reason for the show, comparing the loss of her character to the impending
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    I agree with what he says about that.

But mistakes have been made. Grave errors. The first of these was making Morgan the new "lead" and having Lennie James replace Kim Dickens. Madison was not my favorite character but at least she made sense in this show.

It's like trying to continue Breaking Bad without Walter or Jesse.

The author goes on with "Scattered Thoughts" that I thought were particularly on point:

Scattered Thoughts

• Like I alluded to above, Martha's backstory was terrible. So she lost somebody and then went crazy by herself for the next...five years? Yeah right. I'm sure she survived that entire time on her own never running into anyone else until the truckers came by. Never lost a pound that whole time either.
    • Also, you'd think maybe the super organized truckers that Polar Bear had running supply drops would, I dunno, figure out someone was targeting them and try to do something about it. Maybe. Just a thought.
    • I'm kind of sick of these same confrontations. Sure Martha is a new kind of crazy, but these endless conflicts with crazy people are ridiculous and annoying. At least Season 3 had a genuinely complex pair of antagonists in Otto and Troy.
    • Where is Daniel? Maybe Ruben Blades is thinking twice about coming back. He was great when he showed up last season but maybe it's time to hang up the hat.
    • The show has too many characters at this point anyways. We need to kill off more than just Jim. The two trucker/thieves need to go. Luciana is still utterly pointless. Slim down the cast and make it about Alicia's journey.
    • And for the love of god stop constantly separating the cast for contrived reasons just so that the entire story can be about them getting back together. It's just amateurish plotting.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    I pretty much agree with everything in the article. It’s really a sad state what they’ve done to Fear in such a short time. I will disagree with the Breaking Bad analogy though because it was basically continued on without Walt or Jesse on Better Call Saul and it’s the best thing on tv IMO, but it does go to show what a difference good writers/showrunners can do for a show.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    100% agreed.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    I also agree with everything in this article, but I'd add one thing. Why the hell are they continuing with the muted colors? I find it really annoying and unnecessary. I know brighter colors can't fix this mess, but it might make it more bearable to watch.