Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level

The Walking Dead Developer Telltale Games Closing Down.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/21/1...e-walking-dead

https://twitter.com/joeparlock/statu...23544639959040

Skeleton crew is finishing off The Walking Dead, and then the whole thing will shut.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Looking at a thread chain on twitter (X) from someone who has a source it looks like only S1 TWD and Minecraft S1 were actually profitable... I mean in six years span they tried so many titles under their belts for the size of studio they were. TWD (S1-4 + 300 Days DLC), Wolf amoung Us, GoT, Tales from the Borderlands, Batman S1-2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Minecraft S1-2.

It's like they used their TWD S1 money to buy IP's and throw out as many games as they were able. Sadly most players knew how their storytelling went down... Their "butterfly effect" seemed anything but. And Twd s2 and 3 were trash .

Bad managment... Minimum 13 games in 6 years not counting current development projects seems ott. It's sad for all those employee's losing their jobs.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    That blows. I’ve kinda lost interest in TWD games, but was really looking forward to The Wolf Among Us 2 and it doesn’t look like that’ll ever happen now.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    I guess releasing 40,000 games a year, creating a new engine and having a doofus CEO finally caught up to them. lol.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    Sad. I’m glad they finished TWD though. Getting an ending for Clem is all I wanted to see

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    Sad. I’m glad they finished TWD though. Getting an ending for Clem is all I wanted to see
    It seems like they're not finishing it.

https://www.usgamer.net/amp/report-t...hings-canceled

We previously reported that a skeleton crew will remain behind to complete work on The Walking Dead Final Season. That information was inaccurate. Sources who wish to remain anonymous explained that there is a skeleton crew at Telltale, but they will be working on the Minecraft Story Mode project for Netflix. In fact, The Walking Dead team was also laid off today and The Walking Dead Final Season will not be completed.
    Our sources say The Walking Dead Final Season is set to end after the second episode launches next week.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteroX View Post
    It seems like they're not finishing it.

https://www.usgamer.net/amp/report-t...hings-canceled

Fuck. That was literally the last Walking Dead thing I cared about

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Level
    Well, that's kind of sad. Granted I only ever played the first 2 seasons of TWD and The Wolf Among Us, but I have a lot of fond memories from those games, they were damn good.

This is entirely Telltale's fault though, just purely retarded management. Releasing a bunch of licensed games that are basically just TWD with a different coat of paint every year, with all the same problems and poor optimization that TWD had, even though there clearly wasn't much interest in them. Plus having over 400 employees, and apparently having a problem of severely overworking the hell out of said employees and facing lawsuits over it... It seems like a miracle that they lasted this long. It's like a god damn chimpanzee was running the company.

It really sucks about the new season of TWD getting cancelled after 2 episodes though. Gonna be a lot of really angry people asking for refunds.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Not just refunds but people have invested so much time and money in to Clem's story only to not see the end of it. It's weird because you think they'd want to at least finish this as it is Telltale's legacy and so close to the end of telling that story. literally months away. TWD was their breakout game. It was the game that put them on the map and now it can't even be finished. This would be like if when George Lucas made the star wars trilogy it was missing the last 30 minutes of Return of the Jedi.

Also, I just realized that this is the first Walking Dead thing to actually end.

What killed Telltale? The same thing that's gonna kill AMC - Bad leadership.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Level
    Damn I am pissed when they started of with Clem's story and have to leave it two before the end six years later because they couldn't make a decent financial decision except for...Minecraft (season 1).

This franchise is cursed... Fingers crossed for Left For Dead Overkill...lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast