6 37.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn’t hate the SF but it was not great. Not very well written, weak villain, chock full of silly plot contrivances, but well acted. Only one episode of 4B impressed me – the one with Alicia and Charlie in the hurricane.

The group was never actually going to go to Alexandria. That was always just Morgan’s arc.

This last half of Season 4 has been all about setting up the new Fear after they deconstructed the old one in the first half. I really liked the first half of S4 and the mystery of what had happened to make Alicia, Nick etc. into feral predators and to Madison herself. The back half has been inconsistent, weird and awkward but it seems that the writers have got the series to where they want it to be. There’s a new and more likable Team Family, a new setting and a new mission of helping people. I like most of the new characters and plan to check S5 out to see how it goes.

For all of you hoping for the return of Madison, I’m almost positive that won’t happen. Too bad - Madison wasn’t very likable but she was interesting and I liked the old Fear. But the TPTB must have concluded that the series wasn’t working and decided to reboot it completely. In fact they’ve almost created a spin-off with just a few of the original characters. Everything is different and I can’t see any place for Madison on the new Fear, nor Daniel. The series has moved on.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 5 Opener: Daniel finds and kills everyone. DONE. Goes to TWD to open a barber shop in the Commonwealth.... Next door to Walker and Crazy Dog's Jerky Hut.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I never post on any of these threads...more of a behind the scenes reader. This show has gone to shit. I loved the first three seasons as well as the cast. Now it has turned into a yuck fest of terrible characters and cheesy outdated dialogue and jokes. It used to be gritty and intense...now Mo Mo and horrific one liners from an uninteresting cast. They would be better to kill off 3/4 of the cast and start again. If not....well I won't be watching. Sucks...I miss the original cast.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I lose people

and then I lose interest in this show

3/10 cuz I like a happy ending

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I finally got around to watching the second half of this season via the magic of DVR. Suffice to say that I was incredibly disappointed. The show fell off a creative cliff when compared to Season 3. It really left me cold and unenthusiastic for what happens next.

Martha was a mediocre villain with a somewhat interesting backstory. Her character just didm't feel "Big Bad" worthy. All the stuff with loving beer felt like an homage to Brett Kavanaugh. I eyerolled quite often at some of the dialogue and plot contrivances. Morgan and Co. foregoing a trip to Alexandria so that they can go around like the A Team helping those less fortunate does not pique my interest in the slightest.

Only one thing could have redeemed this episode for me but it's far too dark and there was no chance the writers would have the stomach to pull it off. When Morgan saves the day with beer and the rest of the cast seems fine, I would have had this been a delusion of the returned to crazy Morgan. Show everyone happy, then we see that everyone is dead and Morgan did not save them. Maybe allow John Dorie to scrape by because he's the best character on the show. Of course this could never happen because you cannot just reboot the entire show when this season already attempted to do so, but it would gave been an emotionally devastating and incredibly morose end which I would have loved. Now we are left with Morgan's Peace Corps for next season. To think that this show went from damn good last season to such a nadir with this one, really leaves me incredibly apathetic for the program.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12