Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Level
    Yes, ratings are down and I agree its not the trending show to watch. People follow the new shining object and love winners. This show, aka the showrunner and the network, did a lot to squander its good fortune. They built a reputation for not being like all the other shows and then behaved exactly like all the other shows with fake out deaths (Ricks fakeout death bothered me more than Glenn bc assholes didnt learn!) and over the top characters (will never understand the scavengers behavior!!). Seems that Kang &Co. have dialed that back some and made some goodopening moves to re establish some credibility. As for the viability of the show if we look at the numbers, there was 30 minutes of commercial ad time and a projected Revenue of approximately 250 million dollars. It may not be as good as it once was but it's good enough to continue to build a franchise off of for basic cable.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Level
    I have the bad feeling they will suck every bit of life out of this show until it’s just Daryl standing. And mumbling to himself.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I have the bad feeling they will suck every bit of life out of this show until it’s just Daryl standing. And mumbling to himself.
    Oh they definitely will. No doubt about that. Which is so sad. No one will even care how it ends when it finally does. It's super sad. I would like them to go out with a bang when there are people who still care and they didn't hit rock bottom. Friends is always a perfect example here - they knew when to finish to be remembered like they are. Could have dragged it for another 10 seasons but then its legacy wouldn't be what it is today.

My hope is season 10 will be the last but it's just wishful thinking.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    And we aren't even at the part of the season where shit goes down yet. As much as I hate to see what's about to happen in a few episodes it will be interesting to see what happens with the ratings.

Think about what people thought when Glenn died or when Coral died. This is going to be that x 10. People drop significantly every year because we are at a point where people are tired of the show. Either it's pissed them off or they are just bored with it so they look for a reason to leave. In a few episodes we are about to see 2 of the biggest reasons yet at the same time.

And yeah, the show is making some changes and trying to improve but most of the audience doesn't follow the shit we do.
    Anytime I drop into somewhere on Facebook where the general audience are talking about TWD they're either complaining about Carl dying or saying they've lost interest now Rick's leaving. I think once that happens they'll haemorrhage viewers.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Level
    So presumably the MSF is on Nov 25 meaning this mess isn't coming back til after the Super Bowl. Which means ten weeks or so for more people to drift away. Ha ha ha oh oh wait what's that you say Got comes back when ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123