Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    @Beatrice Point taken about Maggie, add to that she won an election so that makes her a politician of sorts. And a politician, Deanna took Maggie under her wing. Still, if this commonwealth is focusing on their background pre rather than post apocalypse, Maggie might get looked down upon, though she obviously wouldn't deserve that. It's like the former mayor of a small town suddenly being the nominee for vice president. Many in the establishment wouldn;t like that.

Sorry but still on team delusional!

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    @Jay again did not see that on the windmill. Anyways, it says Saltville on it and it reminded me of something that would be vital in that world: salt.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    That was a special occasion though. She normally wouldn't be doing that kind of stuff. Right now she's just being taught by him and helps a bit but I imagine in her off time she's spending a lot of time with Hershel II. I think Enid lives with Maggie so I assume Enid would live with Michonne if Maggie left.

And yeah, I don't either, but I also don't want Maggie to go at all. I'm just saying I think it's gonna happen.
    We don't know that it was a special occasion that she wouldn't normally handle. Siddiq left her apparently free to follow her judgment and use her skills for whatever presented itself during his absence. I suspect she lives with Maggie, too, and as a result spends time with little Hershel, but she was spending her days and at least some nights at the construction camp, so her primary job is not babysitter. There are enough redshirts at Hilltop for babysitting.

Enid's old enough to live by herself after Maggie departs. Not that she has to or necessarily wants to; but she's a young adult now doing adult things and contributing in a big way to the communities.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    Many in the establishment wouldn;t like that.
    But that could also be an interesting story to see. Georgie takes a liking to Maggie. Vouches for her. She works her way up. She is an elite but maybe some of the people there still don't agree with it. Maybe when we see Maggie in Season 10 or w/e they'll have a flashback showing what happened with her in the time gone. Showing how she won everyone over and stuff like that.

I'm also kinda interested in seeing Aaron's potentially increased role. I don't want to see Rick die but I wouldn't mind seeing Aaron do more if Rick absolutely has to die. Seeing Aaron as a leader could be interesting and with Rick on his way out there isn't many big male characters left. You got Daryl, Eugene and Negan as the main male characters. That's it. And none of them are really leader types. Well, Negan is but Negan isn't a good guy and nobody is gonna trust him. So Aaron is the perfect character to get that promotion especially with this being his 5th season. With Rick gone, nobody has done more for Alexandria than Aaron and he was one of the only Alexandrians capable of fighting when we met him so he's actually been helping them WAY before any of Rick's gang ever got there. I'm very scared for TWD after Maggie and Rick go because I don't like Carol, Michonne or Daryl and those 3 are about to take the show over so even though Aaron isn't my favorite character or even make my top 10 I at least like the character. It would give me a character I can actually get invested in that would be treated like a big deal because Eugene is never gonna get that. I originally pitched the idea of Heath returning not as a character, or even as a walker, but as a walker mask for one of the whisperers but if Aaron's role is increased what if we saw a whisperer wearing Eric's face? That would be a great moment for Aaron and Aaron needs that closure because Eric just kinda wandered off last season plus that would light a fire under Aaron's ass to want to take out The Whisperers.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    And the people that won't like or respect Maggie are going to be like Nicholas, Aiden and Spencer. Members of the pampered political class. Georgie also has something else in common with Maggie in that she travels outside her community. Maggie does lots of things besides lead, she goes on runs etc. That would be a fascinating story as it would deal with the issue of a political class in a rebuilding society

I like Aaron filling Rick's shoes too. And hopefully he won't have any Gregorys to deal with.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    I like Aaron filling Rick's shoes too. And hopefully he won't have any Gregorys to deal with.
    I don't think any Saviors are living in Alexandria. Well, other than Negan. LOL.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Yeah but how does that prove any connection to the helicopter? The helicopter and their food supplies have their own logo. We didn't see that logo anywhere in Georgie's van or her documents. Last night's episode's scene with Anne looking up at the helicopter made me think they're a completely different group on their own, like if Georgie already introduced herself to Rick why would she still be spying on them at night on a helicopter?

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    It's true, we didn't, but if it's not all connected then why have we never seen Georgie's location? Seems to me that the reason we haven't is because it's not very close and a helicopter would be needed to travel that. Especially when Georgie insists on going out on her own without any fighting skills and her clean clothes tell me she hasn't been getting dirty.

Also, the stuff with Jadis and the Helicopter was going on at the same time we seen Georgie so whether it's true or not I think the audience is supposed to believe that they are connected.

And as someone in the thread said, I doubt there is 2 rich mystery locations.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    If Georgie is travelling the way she is, I suspect she has some backup she can call up, like the helicopter. And if this is commonwealth from the comics, they probably have way more firepower than all the other communities combined.

Does anyone think there are or have been more commonwealth assets around besides Jadis/Anne?

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Georgie only just started to discover them not long before we met her. My guess is this is them expanding. Georgie doesn't seem like the type of person to wait very long. She probably just waited long enough to know they weren't bad people but if it is the Commonwealth they have so much power that they have nothing to fear. One wrong move and she could have everyone eliminated.

But I do think she probably has some sort of small outpost with supplies and stuff and that's probably where she got the van from when they landed. Maybe that's what Jadis is doing. She's helping the small outpost and spying on the others and maybe the carrot they are dangling in front of her is that she'll get to move to the commonwealth sometime. That doesn't mean that Jadis is all bad. But it means that she's stuck in the middle and my guess is she's been working with them on some level before ever joining the group.

Jadis isn't Maggie. She's a bum and even though she was a leader, she was a useless leader and the junkyard never became anything. They had nothing of value to offer. That's why they stole. Jadis is a failure as a leader. The Commonwealth wouldn't see much in Jadis unless she had something to offer or some way to earn herself in. Maggie on the other hand is doing incredible things as a leader and like I suggested earlier maybe the stuff with The Whisperers gets so bad that Maggie wants to take all of the young kids to safety and I could see Commonwealth also seeing that as a bonus since kids are how you build a future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast