Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level

This is How They Will Continue to Adapt the Comic *Filming/Comic Spoilers*

A lot of this is just speculation but it makes sense. With Rick on his way out and Maggie possibly leaving the show this Is how I think things may go:

Rick dies. I don't know how but he does. This is changes everything.

Michonne & Judith move to Hilltop because it hurts Michonne too much to stay in Alexandria as that place reminds her too much of Rick and Coral plus that means Enid can start watching Judith so it gives her a job to do.

Maggie steps down. I'm not exactly sure what happens. I don't know if she leaves on the helicopter or she gets injured but whatever happens she isn't leading Hilltop anymore. I think that may be why they sped up the Gregory story.

Michonne takes over leading Hilltop for Maggie. It seems like they could already be setting this up with Maggie and Michonne having several scenes together this season. We've seen Michonne at Hilltop more than Alexandria so far and since there is rumors that Jesus may die this season he can't be the one to lead Hilltop. Enid is too young, Alden is too new and nobody else in Hilltop is known enough by the audience to be a big part of the show like that. Michonne is really the only one that I could see doing it.

That leaves Alexandria without their 2 leaders. Who would the people of Alexandria vote to be leader if they can't have Rick or Michonne? I think it's gonna be Aaron and there is nobody there more deserving than him. He's one of the few original Alexandrians still around and for a lot of people he's the first Alexandrian they met. He brought a lot of people in and showed them around. It also can't be a coincidence that he's starting to resemble Rick from the comics especially now that he's lost his arm. Aaron is Gay Rick.

It's also obvious as fuck that Carol is Comic Michonne with the Ezekiel stuff and Henry is Comic Coral only he still has both eyes. Daryl is Comic Dwight and as I said before Michonne is now Comic Maggie and Aaron is now Comic Rick. Enid is also Comic Sophia but she's been that for a while and she's actually even a little more useful than Comic Sophia.

I think that basically covers most of the big stuff. Eugene and Negan I think are the only big comic characters left that don't seem to be having their shit stolen. The only big character at this point that isn't covered I think is Jesus if he dies like the rumors suggest and we also may need a Sherry but I think most storylines are covered if they go this way. I'm not saying it's good or bad but it's just how I can see this going so that they can still keep things on track.

Oh, and Rick will be Comic Andrea who was the most recent major death. I think that's how he'll go out. For the last few seasons Michonne was Comic Andrea and she was with Rick just like in the comics only it'll be flipped and it'll be Rick dying instead of Michonne but it'll happen the exact same way, I think.

Tara, Rosita and Gabriel will all just keep doing what they are doing. Gabriel and Rosita are a lot different in the show than the comics in that they actually do stuff and Tara is original. So they'll just keep trucking along doing original things until the writers decide to kill em off. Rosita could even end up outliving her comic counterpart.

I think Marco (The long haired dude that was friends with Earl and Tammy's son) is Brandon Rose and he'll be a pain in the ass but he won't last long. Maybe Tammy and Earl are both killed by The Whisperers and he blames that on whoever is running Hilltop at the time so he helps Negan escape and you know the rest if you've read the comics.

So I guess the only question left is what happens with Maggie if she returns? I've been trying to figure out who she is because her story in the comics is hugely tied to Hilltop but if that goes to Michonne then I'm not really sure what they can do with her. Is she an adult version of comic Elodie? For those of you that don't know in the comics we learn that Michonne has a daughter and she's still alive and Michonne didn't know she was still alive and is reunited with her. I don't think that's gonna happen on the show since Judith is Michonne's daughter now. So maybe instead of being reunited with her daughter if Maggie leaves on the helicopter maybe Michonne reunites with Maggie. Or maybe because the stuff with The Whisperers gets too bad Maggie decides to take Hershel II, Judith and all of the other young kids with her on the Helicopter to safety and Michonne ends up reuniting with Judith later (who gets recast AGAIN) and Judith is Elodie. But if Judith is Elodie then who is Maggie? I've also thought of the possibility that maybe the reason Georgie isn't named Pamela is because Georgie isn't Pamela even though we think she is. What if Maggie works her way up and ends up taking on the role of Pamela from The Commonwealth? There has been rumors of a second time jump so it wouldn't shock me if over several years Maggie and Georgie became close and eventually Maggie became the #2 and then maybe Georgie died and that left her next in line to be in charge. This stuff I'm not as sure about. I'm really just thinking out loud but it would be a role that would be pretty great for Maggie. It's the next logical choice for her. Just like it was for Rick. Rick went from the leader of a small group, to the leader of a bigger group, to the leader of a cummunity, to helping create multiple settlements and leading "the new world". Negan also did that. So if you were to think of where Maggie goes next I think that would be a good option and it puts someone the audience cares about in that role which immediately makes it seem like a much bigger deal. That I would be very interested in seeing.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Level
    Wasn't the commonwealth being run on elitist grounds though? Would they want Maggie, a farmer''s daughter, in authority? She has the ability but not the pedigree

Maybe Beth gets Elodie's story. I know few people will like that :)

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    Enid already has a job though as Siddiq’s apprentice so I can’t see her now being babysitter to Judith. After amputating Aaron’s arm she proved she knows what she’s doing too. I have no desire to see Michonne take over the Hilltop from Maggie, it’ll probably happen.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Pretty sure the helicopter and the commonwealth are unrelated.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Level
    When Jadis opened the can of food at the garbage dump last season, that can looked fairly new and had the same three circles symbol as was on the helicopter, so that speaks to a place that has a cannery and that is pretty advanced. Plus, what other community could support a helicopter flying around? And maybe they have more than one?

So if the helicopter people are unrelated to the commonwealth, that means there are 2 advanced communities out there rather than one

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    Wasn't the commonwealth being run on elitist grounds though? Would they want Maggie, a farmer''s daughter, in authority? She has the ability but not the pedigree

I would think being the leader of a thriving settlement makes you an elite. She isn't just a farmer's daughter anymore. She's worked her way up to being a top dog and arguably the most top dog of all the settlements we've seen as Hilltop is doing the best.

Georgie clearly saw something in her when they approached them in the first place.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Level
    So @Jay how do you explain
    Spoiler Spoiler:

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteroX View Post
    Pretty sure the helicopter and the commonwealth are unrelated.
    You didn't see this?

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post

They don't know Maggie is a farmer's daughter, and like Jay said, she's an accomplished leader of a community (sorry about my spelling, Jay). As an aside, Maggie wasn't just a farmer's daughter, just like Hershel wasn't just a farmer. He was a successful veterinarian, and Maggie was college educated back in the day.

Beth is not returning.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    Enid already has a job though as Siddiq’s apprentice so I can’t see her now being babysitter to Judith. After amputating Aaron’s arm she proved she knows what she’s doing too. I have no desire to see a Michonne take over the Hilltop from Maggie, it it’ll probably happen.
    That was a special occasion though. She normally wouldn't be doing that kind of stuff. Right now she's just being taught by him and helps a bit but I imagine in her off time she's spending a lot of time with Hershel II. I think Enid lives with Maggie so I assume Enid would live with Michonne if Maggie left.

And yeah, I don't either, but I also don't want Maggie to go at all. I'm just saying I think it's gonna happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast