Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Level

What if the Helicopter Dicks Were Connected to Terminus?

I'm not saying that it's going to happen. It probably won't. This is just a crazy idea that I would love to see.

Spoiler Spoiler:

But it would be really fucking cool if they were somehow connected since the show pretty much never pulls from anything in the past in any meaningful way and Terminus was one of the better storylines the show has used and they never really got the time they needed.

Maybe Terminus was actually part of something much, much bigger. Maybe it was even the original but it expanded before Rick's crew ever showed up and the new Terminus would have grown significantly since it's been, what, 3 1/2 years since the world went to shit? Terminus was maybe a year in.

If we can believe that these people have a working helicopter 3 1/2 years in to the ZA I think it's much easier to believe Terminus had access to one way earlier on in the ZA.

Terminus was also the first time we started seeing "A".

Terminus also used radios and was very organized. Probably the most organized group we had seen by that point. They were so organized they outsmarted and nearly defeated the group and the only reason they were taken out is because they were overrun by walkers.

Maybe the whole A or B thing could be referring to two types of people. People that can join and be one of them or people that can be food.

The show is starting to catch up with the comics. Like it's getting REALLY close. Right now they are around issue 127ish but the thing is they are starting to pull things from later arcs because the New Beginning Arc is pretty slow and not much stuff happens. It's also been confirmed that The Whisperers show up this season and that arc itself lasts over 40 issues and the comic is only at Issue 184.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What I'm saying is that by the end of Season 10 I think the show will be officially caught up with the comic if they don't slow down so I could see them thinking of some filler arcs to do and it makes a lot of sense that they would pull from what many people see as TWD's peak. A lot of people think the start of Season 5 is the best TWD has ever been. I still have issues with it but I did like the concept, I just didn't care so much for how it was executed by having Carol solo them but I'm clearly in the minority. If they wanted to try to get the audience hyped about TWD again maybe they'd think doing cannibals part 2 could do that.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I would love this to be the case. The show totally failed with the Terminus story and it was looking to be epic in the buildup. It felt like a hopeless wish for our family and had an impending doom feel about it, but was over just as it had began by Carol, of course and it wasn't even believable to have been that easy for her and for her alone, felt again, like the show The A Team. I wish your idea was actually how the show is going with Jadis with the helicopter, the walkie talkies and A and B. Terminus was super creepy and they didn't take advantage of such a place and community.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Even if that were the case and it's a solid theory - that people in the know realize at some point protein is needed and traditional farming is prohibitive in a world of the dead. These douchebags would fuck it up in the writing. For that lovely dark dystopian view would have to be extremely dark and twisted. I'd love to see it but being that it's great sounding you know these hacks wouldn't fo it

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Level
    In theory that sounds good, but I don't see a Georgia connection as plausible. Why would they be so far away if they were affiliated? Also, the Termites didn't start out as cannibals but adopted their own "we take, don't bother" after taking their place back from some really horrid people. To me, teaming up with a group from DC without actually living among them, would seem as too much of a bother.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    In theory that sounds good, but I don't see a Georgia connection as plausible. Why would they be so far away if they were affiliated? Also, the Termites didn't start out as cannibals but adopted their own "we take, don't bother" after taking their place back from some really horrid people. To me, teaming up with a group from DC without actually living among them, would seem as too much of a bother.
    I'm saying Terminus was the original location. The whole origin story still happens. What if it expanded just before Rick's group showed up. They were pretty well organized and looked like they had the place full so not a lot of room for more people unless they were food and since they saw it as a new way of life I can totally see them wanting to expand outside of Georgia and what if the off shoot of Terminus ended up being bigger and badder than Terminus ever got to be because Terminus was only like 1 year in. They are like 3 1/2 years in now.

And like I said, if we are to believe these people have working helicopters 3 1/2 years in I can totally believe they had working helicopters 1 year in.

And it wouldn't be teaming with people from DC. A lot of them would be new people by now. But I'm saying the leaders of whatever group this is could have started out at the original Terminus. Gareth trusted them enough to send them off to start a new location. Maybe they wanted to rebuild civilization with cannibals and the A or B type is how you decide who is food and who isn't.

"I thought you were a B but now you are a A" or whatever Jadis said. So maybe B means someone that is worth living and when Gabriel turned on her she changed her mind and now sees him as nothing more than food that can be traded.

And if we are to believe that Morgan, Morales and just about everyone in this show are capable of traveling that distance then I don't see it being that hard to believe that people with a working helicopter can travel that.

It's a system that works. They trick people in to believing it's a sanctuary so they walk right in to their trap and whether or not they live depends on the kind of person they are. If you are an alpha or dead weight (like a old person or something) you are food. If you are a follower but can still handle yourself and offer some skills you get to join the cause and be part of the new world. Old Gabriel would have been perfect for a place like that and maybe that's why Jadis fell for him. She knew he'd be perfect for their new life but she didn't realize how much he's been changing because he's never had to put his foot down around her.

I dunno, I just think it's a cool idea and like I said, before Negan, Terminus was the most organized place we seen since the world went to shit. They really had EVERYTHING figured out and knew exactly who they were in the new world. They didn't just seem like they were eating people to get by. It seemed like next level shit and everyone was on the same page.

I know this will not happen but I would love to see this happen. The show never pulls from any storylines in the past in any meaningful way and we still have several characters that were around for Terminus.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    I wish but that's too complex and epic

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I have another possible theory on the chopper's origin. It could have originated from an nuclear carrier in the Atlantic. Their purpose is the carry aircraft, they are floating fortresses that are immune to external walker attacks. Their reactors provide long term power, and they have a numerous facilities and amenities. I would think that there would be a few still active under some naval leadership or at least inhabited by the crew and maybe top government and military officials that could have been evacuated.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    Something like the show The Last Ship? Possible but unlikely: unless they were able to contain the original outbreak (which no one else was able to do) all the crew would be dead. But also remember in Fear season one how the military just pulled out; we never heard from them afterward. Perhaps after all this time there is still a military presence out there. I think that's unlikely though.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    I still can't believe those Terminus people were so gung-ho to eat their buddies so early in the apocalypse. If they were part of something bigger, then that means their was some cabal already set up at the end of the world ready to initiate survivors into cannabilism because they had a pretty organized set-up there. Pulling from previous stories is a great idea, though.