Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level

Why Do They Need a Bridge?

I must have missed the reason they need a bridge. It can't be to connect their communities, as they can obviously all meet up at this central camp - with horses and supplies and carts - they can all get there, so if they need to trade or something, why can't they just meet there and trade? Maggie can clearly make it from the Hilltop to Alexandria. Any one can make it to any of the communities through that camp. Is there something beyond that bridge they need to reach and haul back over that bridge? What is all this effort for?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Level
    I believe Oceanside is on the other side of the bridge. I’m sure they could find another bridge though, but they needed something dumb for Rick to die for I guess.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    I've been thinking the bridge was a shovel ready project and they want to focus on rebuilding the infrastructure LOL. I don't really know, though. I suppose it's a more expedient path, and it was probably wise to try and repair it rather than letting the river take the entire thing. It also set up a location that gets people from all the communities together providing a convenient place for conflict, meetings, and tragedy.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    I think the bridge makes travel between the settlements a lot quicker. I think that's why they have the sign up that had arrows pointing to all the different places. It's to keep everyone closer and to make it easier for them to help each other.

Also, if a new person that doesn't know about any of the settlements stumbles upon the bridge they will see the sign with all the locations and they can pick where they want to live.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    More importantly and I've brought this up before what bridge that can connect all these communities hours and almost a day apart, all meet up in the middle of the woods. Their creatively bankrupt and that has financially and visually crippled this show