Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWX14 View Post
    It was an objectively true statement.
    This from a 21? Year old let me tell ya sweetie at 21 you know nothing at 31 you gain a little bit of insight at 41 if you're not livin on the street you've achieved maturity after that from all the old folks I've ever dealt with they have this little thing called common sense. You're in school, they never taught you how the male brain isn't fully developed until around 27, women are better their cerebral maturity hits at around 25. Hence the reason why wars are made by the old and fought by the young and dumb. It's also the origin of the old adege " get em why their young". So your assumptions that the election was decided by this vast army of feeble minded octogenarians is not only incredibly condescending but on the whole just proved my initial line you know nothing

2. Back To Top    #52
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    Oh I objectively stand corrected then. For true.

3. Back To Top    #53
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    This from a 21? Year old let me tell ya sweetie at 21 you know nothing at 31 you gain a little bit of insight at 41 if you're not livin on the street you've achieved maturity after that from all the old folks I've ever dealt with they have this little thing called common sense. You're in school, they never taught you how the male brain isn't fully developed until around 27, women are better their cerebral maturity hits at around 25. Hence the reason why wars are made by the old and fought by the young and dumb. It's also the origin of the old adege " get em why their young". So your assumptions that the election was decided by this vast army of feeble minded octogenarians is not only incredibly condescending but on the whole just proved my initial line you know nothing
    21 year olds have the same access to studies as 25, 27, 31, and 41 year olds. That's why I said it was an objective statement. It wasn't a claim I pulled out of thin air since I assumed that would be the first sentence y'all went after.

Facebook and fake news: Elderly more likely to spread misinformation
    Older People Are Worse Than Young People at Telling Fact From Opinion

But yes, outside of actual data, it seems pretty normal for people who grew up with the internet to be more knowledgeable about its uses and dangers than people who were introduced to it recently.

4. Back To Top    #54
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    I guess that's why Facebook and Twitter are deplatforming conservative opinion then. To save us from ourselves.

At least you didn't cite CNN.

5. Back To Top    #55
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWX14 View Post
    21 year olds have the same access to studies as 25, 27, 31, and 41 year olds. That's why I said it was an objective statement. It wasn't a claim I pulled out of thin air since I assumed that would be the first sentence y'all went after.

Facebook and fake news: Elderly more likely to spread misinformation
    Older People Are Worse Than Young People at Telling Fact From Opinion

But yes, outside of actual data, it seems pretty normal for people who grew up with the internet to be more knowledgeable about its uses and dangers than people who were introduced to it recently.
    All you do cite other bullshit on the net, that's why you know nothing, when you get a little more time logged on the pebble. We'll see how smart you think it is to believe what you've been told rather than what is real. That high dollar phone you're using well if you're buyin what it's sellin then it's too late
    i got a kick out of people's enthusiasm over who got the bat, at the time I posited that if you've ever seen anyone get beat with bat it's a sound you'll never forget and never wanna hear again. Ya see what's real and what's fed to us are two entirely different things

6. Back To Top    #56
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    This sounds like the weekly conversation my husband and I have with our kids who think we're older than dirt and that they know more than we do because they're the "Internet Generation". I keep reminding them that while they are more internet savvy, it doesn't mean they have more wisdom or common sense. And as far as spreading fake news goes, its happens all the time and its been going on for years. Just about every news station/site out there peddles it.

7. Back To Top    #57
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Level
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...in-2020-report
    CNN White House correspondent Jeff Zeleny said Sunday on CNN's "Inside Politics" that Clinton told people "as recently as this week" that she isn't "closing the doors to the idea of running in 2020."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456