Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #41
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    Did Russia make me vote for trump ahhhh that would be no. Why? Because unlike your ilk I'm not on any bullshit social media other than this site. See there's this thing called freedom of choice (be it two bad choices ) so by your myopic viewpoint all the others elections with Perot, Larouche , Green Party and all the other candidates I've voted for, somehow the scary russkies made me. I guess there's never been any literature on their views. Wow hate to break it to you but votings been around a hell of lot longer than your precious Facebook and whaddya know a bunch of jerkoffs have been elected for generations without it. You quote me but you don't ever answer where we're you when 4500 KIA and 30k were maimed. Yet you are the same person who writes RIP's for king bush 1. So I guess by your nonsenseical post you place your faith in the " same agencies that pushed the war"
    Ok, and like I said that's great. Russia did not make every Trump supporter vote for him. Cool. Nobody is saying that. The fact of the matter is, Russia engaged in an expensive and widespread effort to help Trump, hurt Clinton, and undermine faith in the electoral system. How many votes their efforts changed we'll never know.

As for where I was for the Iraq War in 2003, I was in elementary school. I was 5. Not quite old enough to form a solid opinion. Now I'm 21 and a fourth year political science major. I would not support similar military intervention today; you and I are not in disagreement here...

2. Back To Top    #42
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWX14 View Post
    Ok, and like I said that's great. Russia did not make every Trump supporter vote for him. Cool. Nobody is saying that. The fact of the matter is, Russia engaged in an expensive and widespread effort to help Trump, hurt Clinton, and undermine faith in the electoral system. How many votes their efforts changed we'll never know.

As for where I was for the Iraq War in 2003, I was in elementary school. I was 5. Not quite old enough to form a solid opinion. Now I'm 21 and a fourth year political science major. I would not support similar military intervention today; you and I are not in disagreement here...
    So pick up a fuckin book and rail against dick Cheney he's out there, I'm not old enough to remember the Vietnam war but I sure as hell know LBJ and fuckin Nixon were a shit ton worse than trump so far

3. Back To Top    #43
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWX14 View Post
    The fact of the matter is, Russia engaged in an expensive and widespread effort to help Trump, hurt Clinton, and undermine faith in the electoral system. How many votes their efforts changed we'll never know.
    I seriously question just how "expensive and widespread" this supposed Russian op was, and what impact it actually had on people's voting. Moreover I question why anybody should even give a flying fuck at the end of the day. Russians didn't "hack" an election, despite that retarded narrative the media ran with for months. At the most, they spent a few hundred thousand to a million dollars on ads, which is fucking nothing. Do you cry about every other country that does the same exact thing through their various lobbying firms? (coughcoughAIPACcoughcough) Did you cry when Russia specifically did the same thing for every other election since the end of WWII? Do we cry when we in turn do it to Russia and every other country?

The answer to all of those, is no. That's just the game. So what makes this instance special, besides it being a flimsy excuse you can use to justify why your preferred candidate lost an election?

And what do you mean by "undermining faith in the electoral system"? Who has been undermining faith in our electoral system but the radical leftist brainlets who have been screeching that it was subverted by a backwards foreign power? That our government, or atleast the executive branch of it, is at the beck and call of the 2 bit dictator of a regional power? If you want to play that stupid game then take some fucking ownership of your own role in it. Your side of the political spectrum has done far more to engender division and distrust in this country than anybody else. You accuse your political opponents of fucking treason at the drop of a hat and wonder why there's so much vitriol in our political discourse now? You put it there. You can't have rational or healthy debate with people you've convinced yourself are traitors, you can't make deals with traitors. You can't function as a fucking society if you believe the other half of said society are traitors. Christ alive.

Sorry for ranting, it wasn't even directed at you specifically, just the modern left in general. I am so god damn sick of this Russia delusion. Hillary Clinton was a terribly flawed candidate with decades worth of baggage who nobody liked and offered nothing to the American people but more of the same. She was always going to lose, no matter how many times Nate Silver assured you otherwise. Russia had nothing to do with it. Your political party ran a bad candidate and lost the election because of it. End of story.

In the words of an obscure, mostly forgotten and mediocre former US president: "Elections have consequences."

4. Back To Top    #44
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    @Toadvine well said sir

5. Back To Top    #45
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Level
    Move over Hillary, CNN's Areva Martin accuses David Webb of having white privilege only to find out that he's black.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._im_black.html
    “David… by virtue of being a white male you have white privilege.” Martin answered before Webb cut her off: “Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped. I’m black.”

6. Back To Top    #46
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadvine View Post
    I seriously question just how "expensive and widespread" this supposed Russian op was, and what impact it actually had on people's voting. Moreover I question why anybody should even give a flying fuck at the end of the day. Russians didn't "hack" an election, despite that retarded narrative the media ran with for months. At the most, they spent a few hundred thousand to a million dollars on ads, which is fucking nothing. Do you cry about every other country that does the same exact thing through their various lobbying firms? (coughcoughAIPACcoughcough) Did you cry when Russia specifically did the same thing for every other election since the end of WWII? Do we cry when we in turn do it to Russia and every other country?

The answer to all of those, is no. That's just the game. So what makes this instance special, besides it being a flimsy excuse you can use to justify why your preferred candidate lost an election?

And what do you mean by "undermining faith in the electoral system"? Who has been undermining faith in our electoral system but the radical leftist brainlets who have been screeching that it was subverted by a backwards foreign power? That our government, or atleast the executive branch of it, is at the beck and call of the 2 bit dictator of a regional power? If you want to play that stupid game then take some fucking ownership of your own role in it. Your side of the political spectrum has done far more to engender division and distrust in this country than anybody else. You accuse your political opponents of fucking treason at the drop of a hat and wonder why there's so much vitriol in our political discourse now? You put it there. You can't have rational or healthy debate with people you've convinced yourself are traitors, you can't make deals with traitors. You can't function as a fucking society if you believe the other half of said society are traitors. Christ alive.

Sorry for ranting, it wasn't even directed at you specifically, just the modern left in general. I am so god damn sick of this Russia delusion. Hillary Clinton was a terribly flawed candidate with decades worth of baggage who nobody liked and offered nothing to the American people but more of the same. She was always going to lose, no matter how many times Nate Silver assured you otherwise. Russia had nothing to do with it. Your political party ran a bad candidate and lost the election because of it. End of story.

In the words of an obscure, mostly forgotten and mediocre former US president: "Elections have consequences."
    Someone get this man a blow job.. He deserves one after that post

7. Back To Top    #47
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Mac View Post
    Someone get this man a blow job.. He deserves one after that post
    Go for it!

8. Back To Top    #48
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadvine View Post

We'll never know how many votes the operation changed, it's not calculable. I don't think it's controversial to say that a multi-year operation that cost tens of millions of dollars had some impact, especially since we learned last month that a majority of the social media campaign targeted voters over 65, who aren't as savvy at separating fact from lies on the internet. Of course we should care when one country interference in the electoral process of another. It wasn't right when we did it to other countries, and it's not right when others do it to us. There should be consequences. Expulsions. Sanctions. Your point about Trump being called a traitor and dictator is fine by me, I agree and I can't control what other people say, just like you can't control the people on your side yesterday claiming Kamala Harris isn't illegible to be president because her parents are foreigners, or the people who claimed Obama was Satan/born in Kenya/the anti-Christ. We have a lot of coincidences between Trump and Russia, but they're just coincidences for now and everybody needs to wait for Robert Mueller's report before jumping in either direction. For the sake of the country, it would be great if Mueller cleared Trump.

I would push back some on the Clinton claim though. She was the most disliked Democratic candidate in recent history, and she'd be the most disliked nominee in recent history too if it wasn't for...Donald Trump. Clinton was on track to win the presidency through mid-October, and it took a series of unfortunate events for her to ultimately lose. WikiLeaks constant releases. The FBI investigation re-opening. A god-awful campaign manager (fuck Robby Mook) that decided it was a good idea to ignore Wisconsin/Pennsylvania/Michigan until a few days before the election despite warnings from the team on the ground. And even then, he only won the states by 0.7% or less. That is why 2020 will be an uphill climb for him. You don't have to like Joe Biden or Kamala Harris or Sherrod Brown or Beto O'Rourke, but I don't think it's controversial to say their favorabilities are more typical and not in the gutter like Hillary's.

9. Back To Top    #49
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    "majority of the social media campaign targeted voters over 65, who aren't as savvy at separating fact from lies on the internet"

That's a bit of an ageist statement isn't it? Not very SJW

10. Back To Top    #50
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    "majority of the social media campaign targeted voters over 65, who aren't as savvy at separating fact from lies on the internet"

That's a bit of an ageist statement isn't it? Not very SJW
    It was an objectively true statement.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast