Level
    Shoulda been "Judith... Judith Walsh"

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    It is interesting because Judith has been one of my least liked characters since the start.

I've always associated Judith with the first big problem I had with the series which was her not being killed with Lori and then there is the fact that she's been a baby and I hate babies. A useless fucking blob for 8 seasons and constantly putting others in danger.

But now I might be willing to give her a chance. Not as a replacement for Rick or Coral because she'd never be able to fill those shoes but this to me is far more interesting than Daryl, Carol or Michonne. I mean, we'll see. The show has been hit or miss with kids. Enid being the best example of it working out and actually being a decent side character. But we've also had Sam, Henry, the annoying girl from Oceanside and more. So hopefully she turns out good because I need some new characters to like with all the changes. Also, we just need to have one grimes on the show. Someone to keep Rick's legacy alive, especially because I don't think Danai will be on the show much longer as her career keeps blowing up (and I hate Michonne)

I just think they are trying a little too hard with the little katana. It reminds me of Henry getting a little stick just because he spent time around Morgan. I get the gun (if that's Rick's) and the hat because they were actual items that meant something to her father and brother similar to Hershel's pocket watch being passed down to Glenn and Maggie or something but the katana is pushing it. I don't even think it's Michonne's and Michonne is a bad mother if she's letting Judith use a katana of all weapons. There is way safer choices for a 9 year old to use.

The most odd part of this whole thing though is would she even remember Rick and Coral? Especially Coral? And even if she did the memories would be so vague. It's one thing to lose someone important when you are like 9 and on but it's another when you lose your brother at less than 2 years old and father just over 3 years old.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    They should have given her her own signature weapon instead of a copy of Michonne's weapon. Something like this maybe ]It is interesting because Judith has been one of my least liked characters since the start.

I've always associated Judith with the first big problem I had with the series which was her not being killed with Lori and then there is the fact that she's been a baby and I hate babies. A useless fucking blob for 8 seasons and constantly putting others in danger.

But now I might be willing to give her a chance. Not as a replacement for Rick or Coral because she'd never be able to fill those shoes but this to me is far more interesting than Daryl, Carol or Michonne. I mean, we'll see. The show has been hit or miss with kids. Enid being the best example of it working out and actually being a decent side character. But we've also had Sam, Henry, the annoying girl from Oceanside and more. So hopefully she turns out good because I need some new characters to like with all the changes. Also, we just need to have one grimes on the show. Someone to keep Rick's legacy alive, especially because I don't think Danai will be on the show much longer as her career keeps blowing up (and I hate Michonne)

I just think they are trying a little too hard with the little katana. It reminds me of Henry getting a little stick just because he spent time around Morgan. I get the gun (if that's Rick's) and the hat because they were actual items that meant something to her father and brother similar to Hershel's pocket watch being passed down to Glenn and Maggie or something but the katana is pushing it. I don't even think it's Michonne's and Michonne is a bad mother if she's letting Judith use a katana of all weapons. There is way safer choices for a 9 year old to use.

The most odd part of this whole thing though is would she even remember Rick and Coral? Especially Coral? And even if she did the memories would be so vague. It's one thing to lose someone important when you are like 9 and on but it's another when you lose your brother at less than 2 years old and father just over 3 years old.[/QUOTE]

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Badass? No. It’s a little ridiculous that they had to make her a mishmash of her family. The only thing missing is Michonne’s dreads. There’s no way that kid could handle Rick’s pistol either.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    its a show about zombies, dude

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Maybe she's using a .38 bullet. I used to do that with my old .357 making it easier for me to handle. Or maybe there are no bullets.

And I was thinking Britney Spears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dnA-K2EkXQ
    Yeah I forgot about that, I've used 38's in mine before, but still you know this kids bones are gonna be brittle as shit. Lol 10 years of a Luddite existence and your not livin past 35

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    I like Judith owning the gun, for later, and because it was something that her father loved but yeah I can't imagine a 9 year old being able to use that. Just like I can't imagine a 9 year old being able to use a katana efficiently and not without hurting them self (or worse)

I think maybe a long knife, maybe a spear from Oceanside and yeah maybe a gun like the one Coral had back in S2 would be fine but save the python for when she's older or even have Michonne carry it for now if they want it to still be featured on the show until Judith can use it.

But like I said, it just seems like they are trying too hard. The katana isn't needed and neither is Lori's shirt. If they had tried to make a connection between Lori and Judith all these seasons then maybe but they've barely mentioned Lori and one mention in the episode before does not make up for it. The show has never liked Lori and it's never wanted the audience to like her either. They've referenced characters a bunch over the years but very rarely mentioned Lori which is odd because she was one of the main characters of the first 2 and 1/2 seasons and the wife/mother of Rick/Coral. They should've realized sooner that like her or not she meant to something to Rick and Coral and she IS Judith's mother and Lori literally died so that baby could live. All Lori cared about in her final moments was saving Judith.

It's just fucking weird to disrespect her for YEARS and then do this?

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1748 Post(s)
    Level
    It is like the show and the fans want to erase Lori.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I like Judith owning the gun, for later, and because it was something that her father loved but yeah I can't imagine a 9 year old being able to use that. Just like I can't imagine a 9 year old being able to use a katana efficiently and not without hurting them self (or worse)

I think maybe a long knife, maybe a spear from Oceanside and yeah maybe a gun like the one Coral had back in S2 would be fine but save the python for when she's older or even have Michonne carry it for now if they want it to still be featured on the show until Judith can use it.

But like I said, it just seems like they are trying too hard. The katana isn't needed and neither is Lori's shirt. If they had tried to make a connection between Lori and Judith all these seasons then maybe but they've barely mentioned Lori and one mention in the episode before does not make up for it. The show has never liked Lori and it's never wanted the audience to like her either. They've referenced characters a bunch over the years but very rarely mentioned Lori which is odd because she was one of the main characters of the first 2 and 1/2 seasons and the wife/mother of Rick/Coral. They should've realized sooner that like her or not she meant to something to Rick and Coral and she IS Judith's mother and Lori literally died so that baby could live. All Lori cared about in her final moments was saving Judith.

It's just fucking weird to disrespect her for YEARS and then do this?

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by scrantonfire43 View Post
    Man I swear you can’t win with people on this forum.

”Cant wait to see grown up Judith!”
    *sees grown up Judith*
    ”Wow! There’s so much wrong with this, let me point out everything I hate about it.”
    Not me man ! I've wanted that brat murdered since the prison.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    They showed her having pretend sword fights with Michonne so it isn't inconceivable that she would be able to use a smaller one like she is shown wearing if Michonne trained her. I've also seen kids younger than 10 shoot pistols before; if they are raised on it they can build up the strength although doubtful here since it has been acknowledged that bullets are getting harder to come by.
    All that being said, I agree that they should let her develop her own style/personality with weapons choice rather than have her mashup everyone else's signatures.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast