Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #61
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
    I wonder who the WD hair stylist is that is obsessed with random braids? Remember Lizzie and Mika? Even while out wandering the countryside with Tyreese and Carol they always took the time to style a stray braid in their hair. And Beth usually had one braid contained within her ponytail. Now Judth Grimes has one half of her hair braided, the other half loose. Just curious as to what the deal is that that particular fashion statement.
    To me, the braids obviously to honor Michonne. It's not dreads, but pretty close.

2. Back To Top    #62
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I'd be more concerned as to what the hell a 10 year old is doing out in the woods all on her own

3. Back To Top    #63
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    It's just so weird.

Judith is like this mini Voltron created out of other Walking Dead characters. You got some Rick, Some Coral, Some Shane, Some Lori and of course some Michonne.

4. Back To Top    #64
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by QUOBOY 75 View Post
    I'd be more concerned as to what the hell a 10 year old is doing out in the woods all on her own
    Sort of like Boy in the Tarzan movies, Judith has grown up in the ZA. She's been surrounded by Walkers since birth and probably started learning about weapons and how to defend herself as a toddler. (Even though the only scenes we saw of Toddler Judith were playing with Solo cups or finger painting with Michonne, she was probably looking and learning all the while. Children are little sponges and they absorb things quickly.)

5. Back To Top    #65
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Fuck her so now it's full house of the apocalypse, every episode is gonna be them needing to crawl into some tight spot only a magical 10 year old can fit. Eww little Judith growing up a killer.....um the kid gets so much as a earache in a agrarian world and she's as good as dead.

6. Back To Top    #66
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The most jarring thing about Judith to me is the discrepancy between present time kid version, and previous toddler version with the long blonde hair.

These are two completely different looking kids! I would say this is the most embarassing thing about Judith, worse than using a revolver and having a mini katana and all that. I mean they really dropped the ball with this recasting. And yeah yeah, it's done, it can't be reversed now and she's really cute and a pretty decent actress, but, really? Am I the only one really bothered by this? Absolutely nothing fits between these two kids. Facial structure, hair color, everything is off. If you saw hypothetically, 2 or 3 year version of Carl? And then you saw Season 1 10-12 year old Carl, you would be able to notice similarities and identify traits, but not so with 8 year old or whatever Judith. She is absolutely nothing like her previous counterpart, it's like they didn't even try, what's up with that? And everybody accepted it. The whole thing is bizarre. I'm sorry but a 6 year time jump wouldn't erase your physical traits and make you into a new person, it just doesn't work that way. Maybe I'm the crazy one

7. Back To Top    #67
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ff789n10 View Post
    The most jarring thing about Judith to me is the discrepancy between present time kid version, and previous toddler version with the long blonde hair.

These are two completely different looking kids! I would say this is the most embarassing thing about Judith, worse than using a revolver and having a mini katana and all that. I mean they really dropped the ball with this recasting. And yeah yeah, it's done, it can't be reversed now and she's really cute and a pretty decent actress, but, really? Am I the only one really bothered by this? Absolutely nothing fits between these two kids. Facial structure, hair color, everything is off. If you saw hypothetically, 2 or 3 year version of Carl? And then you saw Season 1 10-12 year old Carl, you would be able to notice similarities and identify traits, but not so with 8 year old or whatever Judith. She is absolutely nothing like her previous counterpart, it's like they didn't even try, what's up with that? And everybody accepted it. The whole thing is bizarre. I'm sorry but a 6 year time jump wouldn't erase your physical traits and make you into a new person, it just doesn't work that way. Maybe I'm the crazy one
    If I saw a 2 or 3 year old Chandler Riggs and then Chandler Riggs today, I'm not sure I would know I was looking at the same person. Perhaps, but I don't know; and that's looking at the same person.

Judith has been played by an array of actresses because they needed to keep her at a certain age and/or move her up in age, slowly and then quickly. A lot of Caucasian children are blonde when babies and toddlers, so the hair color change isn't problematic. I agree that facial structure is pretty different, but if I were to criticize casting, I'd criticize whoever chose the toddler Judith(s). Current Judith looks, amazingly, like Lori's daughter. Younger Judith didn't really look like anybody.

Regardless, I'm not bothered.

8. Back To Top    #68
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    I am more bothered that they are letting a kid act like an adult. Why is a 10 year old making decisions and acting like she is 30. The other kids don't act like that. Felt the same way about Carl too. Guess it is because they are Grimes kids not really sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ff789n10 View Post

9. Back To Top    #69
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Level
    Clearly Grimes children have Rick and Shane's arrogance.

10. Back To Top    #70
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    It would be great if they went over all the footage of Shane and Lori and had her adopt all their mannerisms. Judith Walsh-Grimes

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast