Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelipens View Post
    Movie 1 = Commonwealth, Jadis and Rick

Movie 2 = Sherry and Dwight

Movie 3 = Heath and Rick returning to season 12
    Those movies could happen but Rick is getting his own trilogy.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Those characters could all appear in 3 movies.

Morgan and Madison too.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    when gimple said amc will have movies featuring characters that are already dead, the first person i thought of was abraham. he was kirkmans favorite and never got fleshed out as much as he would have liked

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Şωɛɛȶ Ɗҽʂƚɾυƈƚιɳ View Post
    I want a comic personality negan and carl one to make up for what we could've and should've had on the godforsaken show.
    I would love for one with shane and rick with the bromance we shouldve had because their chem is amazing..
    A sharick buddycop movie would be everything

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    The movies will be about shit and complete trash, just like the main show is .

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    I think SG has a thing for the epic journey, and Rick is his new Odysseus. The time before he left is like Odysseus in the Iliad, and the time now (of the movies) is like the Odyssey. Rick will journey far and have many encounters with danger always struggling to get home, which he will do someday, while remaining true to his noble self. At home Michonne will fill the role of Penelope, struggling to hold Odysseus' kingdom together, maybe he won't be recognizable when he returns and he'll have to prove who he is just as Odysseus.

This is why I think the movies will take place in the gap of time between the explosion and the return. TWD time jump allows advancement of the situations we are watching weekly, but also conveniently build in time for Rick's adventures without having to deal more fully with the effects of aging. So, in the first movie, Rick will get to where he is going, we'll learn about that place/who is in charge. I can see amnesia being used at this point, but his memory will return by the end of the first film. Rick will then have to escape from there, we'll get the delays and challenges from the second into the third, and he'll be back in the third.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    Besides the 3 movies revolving around Rick Gimple mentioned doing stories about characters from the past, different locations, etc... so I’d bet we’ll at least see Dwight again, but it probably won’t happen in Rick’s movies.
    I'm very worried about this "characters from the past" thing.

Because there aren't many people that can carry a movie so my mind instantly goes to Abraham as a fan favorite character and Cudlitz is still very close to AMC as they have him directing episode 7 and they've even had him film an ad during TWD with Josh. I think they are planning something huge with Abraham and don't get me wrong, I love Abe but the problem with this is you cannot do an Abraham movie without Eugene and Rosita and since TWD schedule is so rough as it is I have a feeling they'd have to remove Eugene and Rosita from the series and that most likely means by killing them.

Next my mind goes to The Governor which I do think could work and would want to see. I've always thought for a Walking Dead spinoff even before Fear came out that a Governor spinoff made the most sense with him and Penny and showing Woodbury being built.

They won't do Shane because there isn't much to tell that wasn't told in the show and that would also require Lori and a recasted Coral.

They won't do Glenn because Steven doesn't seem interested in returning to TWD but I do think a Glenn movie could be interesting showing his journey leading up to finding the Atlanta camp (and it could maybe even feature T-Dog) but something tells me they won't ever touch the Atlanta camp because Jeff DeMunn will not ever return. Same reason why they won't do a Andrea & Amy movie but also because Andrea is a polarizing character.

They just won't do a Merle movie because even though I would love it and Rooker would be in the character is just too controversial for 2018 to have the main character of a movie be racist. He could however appear as a supporting character in The Governor movie I talked about above but I do not see him ever getting his own movie.

Maybe a Tyreese & Sasha movie could happen. I dunno how popular these characters are but Sonequa is doing pretty well these days on Star Trek so maybe people would watch and there is a decent amount of time before they joined in S3 and that could have been why they chose to show Sasha in Rick's final episode because it really didn't make much sense (It should have been Lori or Glenn or Coral. Rick barely ever spoke to Sasha.) Like I mentioned in the Abraham thing about Cudlitz appearing in an ad with Josh you really have to start paying attention to the things AMC is doing because they might be setting something up for a movie now. I personally wouldn't care about this unless we find out that Tyreese had a daughter like in the comics and she died before they met up with Rick and it played out similar to how it did in the comics only in a different setting since they wouldn't be at the prison yet. Maybe he even had a girlfriend that killed herself like Carol did in the comics and the only thing that kept him going was his sister Sasha. But something tells me that wouldn't happen but if it did it would explain why he was such a little bitch in the series because he had already lost so much. Maybe the story starts with them staying in the bunker for 7 months with Tyreese, Sasha, Tyreese's neighbor, Tyreese's girlfriend, Tyreese's daughter and his daughter's boyfriend and over the 7 months it all goes to shit and they leave when they run out of food but by that point it's just Sasha and Tyreese until they find Allen's group.

It's actually very hard to think of who they could do this with because most of the big characters just won't be options either because they don't want to do it, or there isn't enough time in their story to allow for something big to happen or the character just isn't big enough. Like nobody is gonna watch a Morales movie for example.

As far as I can tell the only real options would be a Abraham movie or a Governor movie. Maybe a Sasha & Tyreese movie but that's really where it ends for "past characters"

When talking about characters from the present I get even more worried because that requires them to start yanking characters out of the shows and I'm fucking tired of that. We've seen Gimple do that before with Morgan and now with Rick so we know he's not against it.

Maggie is an easy option if they write her off the show because Lauren has a new show so she can't really work TWD schedule. I hate this idea because I want Maggie to stay on the main show but if she does it would have to be a new story. It couldn't be a past story because we know Maggie was basically sheltered during the early ZA at the farm with Hershel and Beth. Also, Scott Wilson wouldn't exactly be available so it would have to be current Maggie. I just hate this idea because it means her departure and I actually think this might happen. Before this movie idea came out when we heard her or Kang talking about there still being more Maggie story to tell we just assumed that meant on the main show but it could easily be a film and that wouldn't need to mess with her other show's schedule.

Negan is another option but at this point I'd rather have Negan on TWD than not on TWD with all the characters leaving but a "Here's Negan" movie basically writes itself.

Michonne is another option because there is a pretty decent chunk of time before she met Andrea and they could tell her whole backstory and maybe that's why they mentioned Andre in S9 and with Danai's career blowing up I could see her leaving the show soon but maybe sticking around to do a movie. I personally don't care because I hate Michonne but I don't know if the show can handle losing another big character but I do see this as a real possibility.

Dwight is an option I'd actually be okay with getting his own movie because it doesn't seem like they plan on Dwight returning. They may have actually got rid of him for this very reason and because of his similarities to Daryl even though I think his similarities to Daryl actually could have worked on the main show and been part of the story. In another world Dwight and Daryl could have been friends but that's not going to happen. I imagine a Dwight movie would be simple. Him looking for Sherry.

Heath isn't big enough to get his own movie but because the actor is like a real hollywood actor now I could see him appearing in a Rick movie.

But I think that's probably where it ends for current characters that could carry a movie unless you count Eugene & Rosita but I already talked about them when I was talking about Abraham. The 3 go together.

Morgan could have been a movie but I think they blew their load on TWD with the Eastman episode.

A Madison movie is a place they could go because we never saw her die but something tells me that is off the table because Kim probably wants to move on after how they treated her. Imagine being her, and building your own show, a show that at one point was considered better than the show that it was created out of. Instead of riding TWD's coattails it actually gave people hope that there was still quality left to TWD IP. They must have been so proud. And then it all went to shit. Erickson got fired, Dillane left, she got kicked off her own show and was replaced with Morgan from the main show. Everything they built was stolen from them and Kim is in a place where she can move on as she has another show now. If she wasn't getting work maybe she'd do it for the money but she doesn't need them and they screwed her so I think it's probably not even an option.

TLDR version:
    Options for past characters are: The Governor, Abraham and Tyreese & Sasha.
    Options for present characters are: Maggie, Negan, Michonne and Dwight. Rick too but I don't need to mention it because its already happening.

The only options I'd actually want to see: The Governor (Pre TWD) & Dwight (Post TWD).

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Level
    @Jay I could definitely see a Dwight movie, although I'd rather have him on the show. He has chemistry and unresolved issues with continuing characters on the show, and I'd like to see more of that instead of a movie (or in addition to a movie if it only shows backstory and his search for Sherry). I'd love a Dwight backstory, although I think they'd need Christine Evangelista for that, and I don't know how she would feel about that or be available for it.

I agree that an Abraham/Eugene/Rosita backstory on their meeting Rosita in Texas and traveling to Georgia would be excellent. Who's to say this couldn't be filmed in TWD's off-season so that Rosita and Eugene could stay on the show? I think we've seen and know enough of Abe's backstory to preclude a movie only about that.

I can't see them doing it for Maggie. Like you said, Scott Wilson isn't available, and neither is the farm location. I don't think Maggie in college would have enough of a draw, as there would be NO other show characters involved.

I'm interested in Glenn's backstory, and to a lesser extent, his history with T-Dog, but would there be enough there for a movie?

AMC could venture into Lifetime territory with Carol and Ed's backstory, but Sofia would have to be recast.

What might be interesting would be vignettes of the individuals who come together at the quarry, but as you mentioned, Carl would have to be recast unless they skip the entire Lori/Shane/Carl part of it, which I would be okay with since each character got so much exposure on the show. I know Laurie Holden wasn't happy about Andrea's departure, but I don't know if that would preclude her from accepting a role in such a movie. Of course, if she signed on, they'd have to get Jeffrey Demunn, and we all know that story. Would he come back? Would they have him back if they asked him?

Then, of course, is my fave (next to Dwight), Dr. Jenner. I would watch Noah Emmerich read the phone book...

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Everything Else Is Cream Cheese Diseman81's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree with basically everything you’re saying. The only way this would work IMO would be as an anthology series where each persons story is limited to a few episodes at most. Most of the past and present characters that could work for this wouldn’t really do much for anyone. Is anybody clamoring for a Heath story? No, but there are a few that could be really interesting. I’d definitely like to see Dwight’s story continue more on the show than this, but the time jump probably rules that out for now. A Governor backstory would be cool too and even though I don’t care for Negan I’d kinda like to see his backstory too. I’d imagine that some side characters could get stories of their own too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast