Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Level
    I really don't want to see anyone's backstory so I'm leary of the "characters from the past" thing, too. Besides the fact that people have aged/changed, I'll be bored watching characters whose endings I already know. The Gov-interesting guy, but I already know he goes crazy and dies how enthusiastic can a viewer be?

I wasn't always a Maggie fan, but she's totally won me over, and I think I would tune in for a movie based upon her experiences in another setting.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Level
    @Beatrice

I wouldn't be interested in a pre TWD story with Dwight. I just don't know how much there really is to tell. I think we know most of the bullet points. Plus that would require Negan since they were part of The Saviors before and if they are going to include Negan and The Saviors its more likely that we'd get a Negan movie featuring Dwight and Sherry. Like I said, maybe it would be "Here's Negan" but I'm just not interested in a movie that focuses on past Dwight. I am interested in a movie that focused on current Dwight but if I had it my way the story would be told on The Walking Dead itself. I'm just saying if he's never going to return and this is the only way to ever see him again then I would take this over not getting anything at all.

If it was Maggie it would have to be current Maggie and not past Maggie. And I hate that idea not because I hate Maggie because she is my favorite character but I just don't want to see her leave the show. Ever. I just think it could happen because of recent events with Lauren. Maybe that's what they meant by there still being Maggie story to tell. I dunno. I just think the second a Maggie movie gets greenlit it kills all chances of Maggie ever returning to the main show because I still have hope that maybe her show will fail and she'll be able to return to TWD full time. With Dwight it's a bit different because the writers never had to write him off. It seems like they wanted to write him off either because they felt he had no place on the main show after The Saviors arc or because they were setting him up for something else. With Maggie it's because Lauren couldn't do it but if Lauren finds a way to continue being on TWD they would probably let her stay on TWD because she's a big enough character and the show needs them right now. I just worry that since they came up with this idea for Rick and knowing what Lauren's situation is they may have immediately jumped to "Well, how about a movie?" instead of just waiting to see how things go first.

I think you could get a Walking Dead movie out of Glenn's backstory. You couldn't get a series out of it but maybe a movie. I think there is enough there to dig in to especially if they start in Michigan where Glenn is from showing him before the ZA and do a time jump to him in Atlanta to when the world is going to shit and Glenn is probably the only classic character that you could do amazing set pieces with because he had skills when nobody had skills. Not so much as a fighter (but he was capable) but because he was really quick on his feet and always put himself in danger. If you remember, that was even a storyline in Season 2 where Maggie got angry because of how much danger Glenn was always putting himself in after the whole well walker thing and looking for shit for Lori. Glenn used to go in to Atlanta by himself looking for supplies and maneuver his way around massive herds. Any other character from the S1 days you couldn't do those big set pieces with you'd expect from a Walking Dead movie with a bigger budget than your average TWD episode because they were just not skilled enough and battle tested and would be torn apart but Glenn could. The problem is I don't think Steven would do it. A Glenn movie is one of the biggest options they could do though because he is one of the most popular characters in the whole franchise. It's one people would actually tune in for. I mean, his death is what killed TWD for a lot of people and was the start of the end for TWD. Look at TWD's ratings before and after Glenn's death. If this has a chance of being big after Rick, Glenn is probably the biggest character you could do and the most interesting thing about it would be because its in the past the walkers would still be a huge threat. Also, Steven has barely aged in 9 years. If you removed his facial hair and put a hat on him he'd look almost like he did in S1. You can't say that with most of the other actors. But like I said, I don't think Steven would be on board.

I just don't want to risk them having to kill off Eugene and Rosita. They might not have to but it certainly would be pushing it if they are filming TWD for 7 months, have to promote the season and then have to go film a movie for another few months and then have to promote that and then have to start working on the next season of TWD again and have to promote that and then they finally get their break. They'd basically be working for a year and a half and Christian has a kid. Now it's possible they could just have Christian and Josh on TWD for a limited amount of episodes on whatever season they are shooting that year like they've done with JDM when he was filming a movie or they'd do it with Chandler because he'd have school or with some of the actresses when they got pregnant but the problem with Christian and Josh is you'd have to write them both out. not just one of them. It's weird for 2 main characters to just suddenly stop appearing at the same time and would be even more noticeable now that the cast is being thinned out. We don't have Rick & Coral and maybe even Maggie now so the characters that are left are really going to need to be there.

And you fuck off with that Carol shit right now.

Jenner's actor is great but I just don't think fans would be jumping at seeing a movie based on him. Lol.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Level
    @Jay, in no particular order: I knew you'd enjoy my Carol recommendation. As for Jenner, I dunno, seeing the outbreak through the perspective of the CDC and the events unfold that Jenner described would fascinate me. Yes, I realize I'm probably the only one...

I just don't think they'd have to kill off Rosita and Eugene in order to do a movie. What would it take? A month or two? They would get paid for this, and it would be their choice to do it or not. If so, it would be just another side project they'd do instead of something else or nothing else. Some actors work year round, and let's face it, Eugene and Rosita aren't in every episode of TWD and, in fact, sometimes go many weeks between episodes, so it's not like they'd be burning the candle at both ends.

As for Maggie, I'd like the show to tell us a little more about where she is before I decide if I want to see in a movie what I'm not going to get to see in the show. I love Maggie, too, but I just don't have enough information yet to get excited about a movie for her.

As for Dwight, I'd be interested in a backstory, although I'd be far more interested in his adventures in looking for Sherry; so I'll compromise with you on that and be happy with just that. I, too, would prefer he return to the main story and anything to be revealed about this could be revealed on the main show.

We agree on the Glenn backstory. It would be awesome! I understand Steven said he doesn't want to reprise Glenn, but actors want and need to work; and if he's in need of a paycheck, this would be a quick and easy fix for him.

I suggested something else in another thread (there's another one here similar to this one, but I don't remember its name at the moment). I suggested a movie containing a series of vignettes about the original Atlanta group's experiences at the outbreak, culminating with coming together at the quarry camp. Yeah, Jeffrey Demunn might be problematic depending on (i) whether he'd come back and if so (2) whether they'd take him back. Not including Dale would be a deal killer on that one, I think. Laurie Holden has been critical of the way her character was written off when she was told going in she'd be there at least 8 seasons and would be Rick's girlfriend, so there's someone else who might not be willing to return or, if she were, they might not take her. Anyway, that makes this a seriously risky deal. If Demunn and Holden could be gotten, in addition to gathering the others (Amy, Jim, Jaqui, Merle, etc.) and recasting Sofia, we'd have hair issues with Carol and Daryl. Of course, Melissa McBride could just reshave her head with no problem because she's wearing a wig in the main show anyway. Daryl would have to have the dye stripped from his, though, and redyed the color it originally was (because I'm assuming that, if his season 1 haircolor was natural, it's probably gray or grayer by now). Then I guess he'd have to borrow the Daryl wig from his stunt double until he could grow it out and redye it again. Or maybe they could get him a season 1 wig to wear instead of all that.

I'm just being silly now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123