Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level

What TWD Movies Will Be About? (Comic/Filming Spoilers)

So I'm not thrilled about this idea but let's try to guess.

I think the obvious option would be the Commonwealth. I've often wondered if the show still has the budget to even pull off the Commonwealth the same as in the comics and maybe this is the solution to it. Do it in movie form.

Now I know Georgie is probably the show version of the Commonwealth but the show version may be different than the comic version. I'm talking about the storm troopers and shit. Georgie doesn't seem anything like Pamela. Basically what I'm saying is maybe they'll split the Commonwealth in to 2 stories. The cheap TV version and maybe a much bigger budget version with a different name.

So I could see that being the focus of a movie maybe. Maybe that will also bring back Heath. I dunno if anyone will remember him but maybe they could get Corey Hawkins back to TWD. He'd probably be more willing to return for a movie than on the show since he's a movie actor now. So that would put Rick, Heath and Jadis together. Weirdest group of WD characters ever.

If Lauren Cohan leaves TWD maybe Maggie will make her reappearance in a movie. Especially if her new show gets renewed. The one benefit of a movie is they can film it whenever they want and it doesn't take as long to film as a season of a tv series.

Dwight could potentially appear. Maybe that's why he isn't returning this season. Maybe he got snatched by Jadis while looking for Sherry. Sherry could even be there. Madison could even be there if they wanted to bring Kim Dickens back. Fuck, I wouldn't even put it past Gimple to yank Morgan out of Fear to put him in a movie with Rick.

But I think ultimately it'll be about Rick trying to find his way back to Alexandria.

Whether he gets there or not, who knows. But that's what I could see it being about. Rick is taken by the the helicopter dicks very VERY far away and he has to try to get out of there and make it back to Alexandria and a lot can happen along the way.

Like I said, I have issues with this whole thing. I don't like how treats it TWD like it's not good enough to have Rick. I don't like that Rick is being taken away from everything he's built, all of his friends and family, all of the actors he's had chemistry with and he doesn't even have his iconic gun. I don't like that this seems like a greasy money move by AMC because It's only going to hurt TWD to randomly yank the character it's spent NINE YEARS being about out of it for a few bucks. I don't like that Gimple gets to write for him and once again he's shuffling characters around just so he can play with the ones he wants.

Literally the only 2 positives I see from this at the moment is:

#1 Andy finally gets to be with his family after years of wanting it.
    #2 Maybe we can finally get some fucking snow on The Walking Dead.

But enough ranting.

What do you think the movies will be about?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Georgie = Commonwealth

Helicopter =/= Commonwealth

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Level
    The x-files movie came out at the height of its popularity, not after the loss of 12 million viewers. There's not gonna be a walking dead movie at least not like anyone's thinking. Their talking AMC movies and I'm sure those sheckel counting fucks are going to make them spectacularly.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    I didn't say Georgie wasn't.

I'm saying they may do 2 versions of The Commonwealth that are different enough to co-exist.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Im clueless but the way Andy described it on talking was Rick may have that amnesia thing every one was speculating on. I also wonder if the movies would be during the 6 years or if itll be wherever walking is.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Level
    So can we officially say that TWD universe is called the Walkerverse?

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Level
    Besides the 3 movies revolving around Rick Gimple mentioned doing stories about characters from the past, different locations, etc... so I’d bet we’ll at least see Dwight again, but it probably won’t happen in Rick’s movies.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    The time jump is interesting though because it really does give them time to do movies and have Rick meet back up on the main timeline if they ever wanted him to do. There is a lot you can do in 5 years if you want. I mean, they got 8 1/2 seasons out of 3 years.

I think they are being quiet about it because they want to movies to feel big and feel like Rick may die but I do think Rick is going to return to TWD. I don't know if it'll ever be full time again but I think he'll be back for the final season at least.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    The movies I think will pick up with Rick in the timeline where he was picked up (prior to the current show timeline). At least the first movie will...of course they can play with time.

I really like the idea...Lincoln wanted to go home, but of course he wants to keep acting and he must love the Walking Dead universe and Rick. So it's the best of both worlds. The time jump and taking Rick out of the equation frees the show up in some ways...they can still adapt the comic storylines but they are not as beholden to Rick now...or Carl. I like the Judith angle. She's Carl now...she'll establish the relationship with Negan that Carl developed.

Anyway...back on topic - I'm excited to see them expand the universe while setting Rick loose on other "adventures". I think amnesia would be stupid...the whole thing was about searching for his family and sacrificing himself for his family...to have him forget that would be ludicrous, in my opinion. I think he'll be taken far enough away from the current setting it won't make sense for him to just leave. I'm sure he won't be able to just walk out of wherever he is taken. It would make sense for a sequel movie to be about him journeying back to his family...maybe meeting other people along the way, feeling the need to help them (slowing his return to his real "home").

Keep in mind if he's gone from the time the chopper picks him up and has not returned by the time the jump occurs...we have a lot of stuff to fill in between toddler Judith and like 12 year old Judith.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    I want a comic personality negan and carl one to make up for what we could've and should've had on the godforsaken show.
    I would love for one with shane and rick with the bromance we shouldve had because their chem is amazing..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast