1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Level

Austin Amelio on What's Next for Dwight

A Comicbook.com article recapping Austin Amelio's comments at the Saviors' Panel at Atlanta's WSC on October 26 includes the following:

Im going to find Sherry. Im alive, Amelio said during the Saviors panel at Walker Stalker Con Atlanta. Hes not killing me. Well see what happens.

When appearing at Salt Lake Citys FanX convention last month, Amelio said Dwight following his comic book trajectory and taking over as leader of the Saviors at the withering Sanctuary would be a nice cherry on top.

I really like that, Amelio said of a potential Walking Dead return. Im fking ready, man.

Amelio said Dwights main mission is to find Sherry, but he now wants to put some good back in the world, too, whatever that means, Amelio told ComicBook.com.

I dont know. No one tells me sh-t. I think there is more than just the Sherry road but I think that is definitely really important to his storyline.

19 months have now passed on The Walking Dead since Dwights exile, and not so much as a whisper of his name suggests he may have moved on from the area.

Dwights mission seeking both his wife and his redemption could put him on the path towards joining spinoff Fear the Walking Dead, where he would join Morgan (Lennie James), who has since established a mini-community whose entire purpose is to put good into the world and provide help to needy strangers.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead...austin-amelio/

He didn't confirm anything other than he'd like to return to the show, and the item about his going to FTWD is speculation by the article; but I think we Dwight Devotees are yearning for ANYTHING about Dwight's fate. This is the most I've seen in awhile.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Level
    BTW, despite what the article reported, Dwight WAS mentioned by Rick to Daryl during their argument in the pit.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Everything Else Is Cream Cheese Diseman81's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    It was a huge mistake on the part of TPTB to just let Dwight disappear this season. At this point if he returns it’d make more sense for it to happen in the movies, FTWD or one of the possible spin-offs because the current timeline of TWD is just too far removed now for him to just reappear. Gimple did mention past characters getting their own stories and Dwight would be one of the most interesting ones IMO.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Level
    Sounds like he doesn't know shit but he's campaigning for a return. Like Morales' actor did for years.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    Dwight going to Fear wouldnt be a bad idea. I could see him being in the movies with rick as well, could pair the both of them up so Dwight starts being ricks right hand.

I just honestly cant see Dwight showing up again realistically on Twd unless its the final episode.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bboyRobert View Post
    Dwight going to Fear wouldn’t be a bad idea. I could see him being in the movies with rick as well, could pair the both of them up so Dwight starts being ricks right hand.

I just honestly can’t see Dwight showing up again realistically on Twd unless it’s the final episode.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    I fear you are right. However,
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    , I wouldn't consider the 6 year time jump as a barrier to his return. He could just surface in a scene, and we'd learn at some point about the circumstances and timing of his return.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Awaiting Gimple's Replacement In Negan's Bed.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Level
    Personally, I hope his head is on a pike or when Negan gets out that he runs across him and kills the traitorous asshole.