1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level

Breaking Bad Movie In The Works?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-works-1158881

”Details on the Breaking Bad movie, which has been floating around the industry with a possible fake/working title of Greenbriar, are slim. It’s unclear if the movie would be another prequel - like AMC’s Better Call Saul - or a flow-up of some sort. It’s also unclear if any of the original stars, like Bryan Cranston or Aaron Paul, are involved in the new project, which sources stress will be set in the existing Breaking Bad franchise.

Gilligan, sources say, will pen the script, exec produce and possibly direct. Breaking Bad and prequel series Better Call Saul exec producers Mark Johnson and a Melissa Bernstein are also said to be attached to the movie project, which is said to follow the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom. Production is expected to begin this month in New Mexico. The New Mexico Film Office confirmed that a project with the title of Greenbriar is slated to film in the region.

I really don’t know what to make of this. It almost seems like an April fools joke.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't want this at all.

But if it does happen it should be a reboot. Not because I want that or would watch it but because I don't want them touching an already perfect story. That way it fails separately instead of bringing the whole ship down.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Unless it's like a Gus prequel or something I don't want it.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I don't want this at all.

But if it does happen it should be a reboot. Not because I want that or would watch it but because I don't want them touching an already perfect story. That way it fails separately instead of bringing the whole ship down.
    I agree with you. I love the way Better Call Saul has continued the world of Breaking Bad, but revisiting Jesse or even Walt just wouldn’t work for me. I don’t even really want to see them in Better Call Saul let alone this, but I do trust that Vince Gilligan will do right by Breaking Bad and not do anything to ruin its legacy.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    I agree with you. I love the way Better Call Saul has continued the world of Breaking Bad, but revisiting Jesse or even Walt just wouldn’t work for me. I don’t even really want to see them in Better Call Saul let alone this, but I do trust that Vince Gilligan will do right by Breaking Bad and not do anything to ruin its legacy.
    That's the thing.

Spoiler Spoiler:

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Level

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Level
    AMC is on the spinoff moviemaking campaign, aren't they? Maybe they'll surprise us with a BB/Walking Dead crossover with Merle and Jessie.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Level
    I found an article which adds a bit of speculation, although it doesn't have any more information than the article cited in the OP.

https://www.slashfilm.com/breaking-b...PK0kbl2RF9ZUsM

The speculation is:

The logline, as of now, is that this film “tracks the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom.” Fans of Breaking Bad will recall that in the final season of the show, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) was kidnapped by nazis, who then forced him to cook meth. Jesse tried to escape several times, but was foiled in his attempt. Time eventually passed, and Jesse later escaped after Walt showed up and killed all the nazis with a robot machine gun.

Could this film perhaps focus on the period of time surrounding Jesse’s captivity, showing us events that happened off-camera? Is Jesse the “kidnapped man” in this story? Or is the film about completely new characters? It’s very hard to say, because there’s no confirmation if Cranston or Paul (or any other Breaking Bad actors) are returning.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Level
    I just saw this article https://www.slashfilm.com/breaking-b...kwKo9xtBYmgdok in which Bryan Cranston confirms the movie and that it's about Jesse Pinkman after leaving the Nazis. Cranston says he hasn't been asked to appear and hasn't seen a script but would join the project if asked. The article talks about how Cranston's scenes would have to be flashbacks but that flashbacks are something Breaking Bad employed.

In a little under 48 hours, we’ve learned a lot about the surprise Breaking Bad movie. After rumors of the movie’s existence dropped yesterday, we confirmed today that the film will focus on Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) following the conclusion of the series. Now, Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston has confirmed the existence of the Breaking Bad movie as well, b is Cranston appearing in the film in some way, shape or form?

As we reported today, the Breaking Bad movie will be a sequel to the hit AMC series, following Jesse Pinkman after he escapes from Nazi captivity. You’ll no doubt recall that while Jesse escaped, speeding away and laughing maniacally, Breaking Bad main character Walter White (Bryan Cranston) died from a gunshot wound. With Walt dead and (presumably) buried, is there any chance he might pop-up in this movie? Maybe.

Cranston appeared on the Dan Patrick Show, where he confirmed that the Breaking Bad is indeed happening – but he doesn’t know if there’s a part for him in it. “Yes, there appears to be a movie version of Breaking Bad but I honestly haven’t even read the script,” Cranston said, adding: “I have not gotten the script. I have not read the script. There’s a question of whether or not we’ll even see Walter White in this movie.”

Cranston does go on to say that he’s discussed the movie with Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan, who is writing the movie script, and that if Gilligan does ask him to appear, he’d “absolutely” do it. Cranston also said the film focuses on “at least a couple of the characters that were not completed as far as their journey.”

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it's a mistake but I just hope that

Spoiler Spoiler:

But another thing that I think will hurt it other than just the pressure it's going to have on it is that it's a movie. The reason why Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are so good is because of the time they are given to develop the characters and build up new threats and just keep building the world around them. You can't do that in less than 2 hours. Even if Jesse is developed nothing surrounding him will be. With Better Call Saul being closer to the end than the beginning wouldn't it have just been better to do a Jesse series next? Not that I'm jumping at the idea of that either but It would be a far better option than cramming everything in to one movie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast