Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Level

CNN's Jim Acosta Has Press Pass Suspended by White House

CNN's Chief White House Correspondent Jim Acosta's press pass to access the White House was suspended "until further notice" Wednesday, hours after he engaged in a contentious back-and-forth with President Trump.

"I've just been denied entrance to the WH," Acosta tweeted Wednesday night. "Secret Service just informed me I cannot enter the WH grounds for my 8pm hit."

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders confirmed Acosta's tweet in a statement, claiming the suspension of his press credentials stemmed from his "placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern." She called the behavior "absolutely unacceptable."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cnn...ders-announces

Good!! He should have had it pulled a long time ago. Acosta is not a journalist. He's a protester. And he acted disgustingly today when he put his hands on that girl who was simply doing what she was told.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Level
    Rekt

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Occasional Proud Apologist Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Level
    I watched the press conference. Acosta was so obnoxious. He started a question with a premise that Trump denied and insisted that Trump answer something he couldn't because of the false premise.

What has happened to people's minds?

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    Good. He was completely wrong to do what he did. It’s ridiculous that anyone calls him a journalist anyway.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm torn on this, on one hand I believe in a free and open press and anyone who doesn't like it can go move to the banana republic of their choice. On the other hand this guy does it just to get a rise out of trump but where were these cocksuckers as we invaded the wrong nations for profit and had thousands upon thousands of Americans die or come back maimed. Where was the press' righteous indignation for 16 years of that crime. The only motherfucker who ever did that threw his fuckin shoes at bush. So when the press all the press stop suckin the dicks of their corporate masters then they can preach the 5th estate bull

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    I'm torn on this, on one hand I believe in a free and open press and anyone who doesn't like it can go move to the banana republic of their choice. On the other hand this guy does it just to get a rise out of trump but where were these cocksuckers as we invaded the wrong nations for profit and had thousands upon thousands of Americans die or come back maimed. Where was the press' righteous indignation for 16 years of that crime. The only motherfucker who ever did that threw his fuckin shoes at bush. So when the press all the press stop suckin the dicks of their corporate masters then they can preach the 5th estate bull
    It wasn't even about not having a free press though. It was because when a female White House intern went to get the mic from him, he put his hands on her and pushed her arm with his hand. It wasn't some violent movement he did but he still shouldn't have done that at all. He was in the wrong for that.

If you can't attend a press briefing without getting physical with the interns trying to do their job, then you aren't mature enough and don't deserve to be there.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassenach View Post
    It wasn't even about not having a free press though. It was because when a female White House intern went to get the mic from him, he put his hands on her and pushed her arm with his hand. It wasn't some violent movement he did but he still shouldn't have done that at all. He was in the wrong for that.

If you can't attend a press briefing without getting physical with the interns trying to do their job, then you aren't mature enough and don't deserve to be there.
    I realize what he did, he was being a dick just to raise his brand. My point was there wasn't this antagonistic relationship when there should have been one with bush, and Obama. There's been a concerted effort since the election to harass at press conferences. But I still say it's up to the press to ask the hard questions regardless of the consequences.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Level
    There are plenty of good journalists out there, but they tend to be independent. But the mainstream media (and that is more and more including Fox news) are just propagandists now. I don't believe anything they say anymore.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Level
    This was a long time coming, that dipshit has been on thin ice for awhile. Honestly, I still think he should have been jailed for that stunt he pulled during the North Korea summit. The US is trying to make peace and normalize relations with this country and here comes Jim Acosta, inserting himself into it, shouting a bunch of extremely inappropriate questions to Kim Jong Un trying to derail it. It was fucking unbelievable that he got away with it.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    I only watched the video a couple of times and even though I cannot stand Jim, I think this incident is being blown out of proportion. The intern seemed a little grabby and then it looked like a tug of war where he reacted and tried to brush her hands off him. Maybe I missed something though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast