Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Level
    Funny that the press secretary Sarah shared doctored footage that infowars had posted earlier and it made it look like a way bigger deal then it was. I'm glad he's the way he is. I like how she gets physical with him and it's alright cause 'its her job' yet he even says pardon me mam and gets her arm out of his space. I also like how people are focusing on the fact it's a woman like that REALLY makes any difference, oh wait it does when someone can use it to try and make their point seem more poignant. Acosta was being cordial and Trump was already starting with his usual antics and being unprofessional towards the reporter, who was making valid points. Trump is a giant baby who is way RUDER and IGNORANT than the people he berates.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    I realize what he did, he was being a dick just to raise his brand. My point was there wasn't this antagonistic relationship when there should have been one with bush, and Obama. There's been a concerted effort since the election to harass at press conferences. But I still say it's up to the press to ask the hard questions regardless of the consequences.
    I agree with you most especially about the free press, we need it and have for a long while now.

The problem is most of the MSM are clearly allowing their bias color the news, from the reproters to the people in charge. There is no way that I should be able to tell what party a reporter is affiliated with, and yet it's pretty easy to do; that's no longer free press, that's propaganda.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    There are plenty of good journalists out there, but they tend to be independent. But the mainstream media (and that is more and more including Fox news) are just propagandists now. I don't believe anything they say anymore.

I se the more independent press getting buried among the news shows (which are more entertaining analysis than straight reporting) that we are all subject to on every channel. This is why some storied get buried and others are floated out like a balloon at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for all to see and marvel at.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by zNapstablook View Post
    Funny that the press secretary Sarah shared doctored footage that infowars had posted earlier and it made it look like a way bigger deal then it was. I'm glad he's the way he is. I like how she gets physical with him and it's alright cause 'its her job' yet he even says pardon me mam and gets her arm out of his space. I also like how people are focusing on the fact it's a woman like that REALLY makes any difference, oh wait it does when someone can use it to try and make their point seem more poignant. Acosta was being cordial and Trump was already starting with his usual antics and being unprofessional towards the reporter, who was making valid points. Trump is a giant baby who is way RUDER and IGNORANT than the people he berates.
    Actually, Acosta began by accusing Trump of referring to the caravan as an invasion, which Trump acknowledged. Acosta then "corrected" the president by explaining to him that it was not an "invasion". Trump sarcastically thanked him for the correction and then went on to reiterate his categorization as an invasion and went further to explain that he wanted them to come in but that they had to do so legally. Acosta kept arguing with Trump because Acosta wanted to frame the president's response to CNN's slant.

It all went downhill, as Trump asked Acosta to sit down, and Acosta refused - even refusing to hand over the mic so that the intern could hand it to the next questioner. Acosta was talking over the president and disregarding his request to Acosta to sit down. Acosta was clearly being the antagonist here. It's one thing to ask pointed and challenging questions, but it's another to "correct" the president's stance to what he'd like it to be in order to win points for his (CNN's) base and then insist that Trump respond to a question whose premise bears no resemblance to what the president was saying. Acosta should have sat down, shut up, and left it to the CNN pundits to wail and gnash their teeth over what they obviously consider another Trump lie.

Acosta got what he deserved.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    I agree with you most especially about the free press, we need it and have for a long while now.

The problem is most of the MSM are clearly allowing their bias color the news, from the reproters to the people in charge. There is no way that I should be able to tell what party a reporter is affiliated with, and yet it's pretty easy to do; that's no longer free press, that's propaganda.
    The thing is, so much of the media is not "free" but bought and paid for; and they've lost the trust and respect of so many in the process of having sold their souls.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by zNapstablook View Post

Typical Liberal hypocrisy

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    Excellent. He’s a scumbag and deserves what he got and more

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    I just read an opinion piece that sums up my feelings on this quite adequately. https://www.theamericanconservative....to-journalism/

... the White House briefing room isn’t the appropriate place to deliver commentary in the form of questions. Furthermore, during his press conferences, the president has a right to tell a reporter that his turn is up and that he is moving on to another person. Other outlets and reporters in the room deserve opportunities to ask their questions too. A press briefing is not a one-on-one interview, nor is it the place to issue snide putdowns and characterizations of the president’s positions.

More importantly, self-aggrandizing harangues that turn the reporter into the story are not a legitimate form of journalism. As the Society of Professional Journalists warns, “injecting oneself into the story or creating news events for coverage is not objective reporting, and it ultimately calls into question the ability of a journalist to be independent, which can damage credibility.”

None of this means that the White House is justified in removing Acosta’s pass. What it does mean is that Acosta isn’t even a practitioner of true journalism, let alone a martyr to its cause. For CNN to have a martyr, the network would need to send someone who acts like a journalist.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    What it does mean is that Acosta isn’t even a practitioner of true journalism, let alone a martyr to its cause. For CNN to have a martyr, the network would need to send someone who acts like a journalist.
    I'm not sure CNN has any actual journalists to send.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Level

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast