Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Offline
    El Jefe Jay's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The North
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,264
    Threads
    684
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Points
    33,706
    Level
    51

    How the Fuck is Judith 10?

    https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/11/...han-5-season-9

    So I was reading through this and one thing that caught my eye is Kang said that Judith is like 10 years old. Not 9.

    I'm not really sure this adds up. She's basically saying that by 9x1 Judith is 4 1/2. How the fuck does that even add up?

    Season 1-3 doesn't even count because she wasn't even alive for the first 2 seasons and was only alive for maybe a week in Season 3. Season 6, 7 and 8 take place within maybe 3 months (i'm including the 1 month S5-S6 time jump and the 1 month time jump after No Way Out). Season 5 picks up directly after Season 4 with maybe only a week having passed so the only time jump they could do in S5 would have to happen on the road after Beth's death before Alexandria. Most of this time would have to happen during the S3-S4 time jump but not THAT much time because Judith is still very much a baby in S4. Actually, she still looks like a baby in S5 when they get to Alexandria.

    So if I had to guess Judith was maybe a year old by S8. Maybe we can be generous and let an extra 6 months pass somewhere in there even if its pushing it. And we know it's been a year and a half between 8x16 and 9x1. Maggie even said it. So at most Judith should be 3 (but I think it's really closer to 2 1/2). Where the fuck was the other year and a half? What am I missing? Does Kang even know the show she's making?

    And in the same thing Kang says it's a 6 year time jump. So I'm not sure the math is adding up here.

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Offline
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    East coast
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,916
    Threads
    50
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Points
    4,291
    Level
    25
    Nothing on this show has added up in 6 seasons. Every fuckin show that jumps the shark adds a precocious cute kid to boost ratings. It's a ploy as old as tv itself and the final cutsiepie nail in this shitshows coffin. As utterly depressing as both the book and the movie "the road" were, they told the hard truth of this kind of world. So when this little fuck was no more than 6 months old people were resorting to cannibalism but somehow this brat didn't make it into somebodys stew. Not to mention wearing a 4 pound colt 357 python that with bullets or not someone would've snapped her neck for in a heartbeat. But when you have a three year gestational baby anything is possible I guess.

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Offline
    Itís A Madhouse Diseman81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,497
    Threads
    92
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Points
    12,632
    Level
    43
    I don’t know 10 seems about right to me. The girl who played her at the beginning of the season is 4 irl so it makes sense. It doesn’t seem like she should be 10 because it’s taken so long for her to age and even when she was 4 she wasn’t really talking so that made her seem younger than she was. At least they’re aging her unlike what they did with Carl.

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Offline
    El Jefe Jay's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The North
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,264
    Threads
    684
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Points
    33,706
    Level
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    I don’t know 10 seems about right to me. The girl who played her at the beginning of the season is 4 irl so it makes sense. It doesn’t seem like she should be 10 because it’s taken so long for her to age and even when she was 4 she wasn’t really talking so that made her seem younger than she was. At least they’re aging her unlike what they did with Carl.
    Emily Kinney was like 10 years older than Beth. The actor's age has never mattered. Same with Lauren Cohan. Hell, I don't think Daryl was ever supposed to be Norman's age. I think they always played it off like he was a few years younger than Rick when Norman is 4 or 5 years older than AL. Also Katelyn Nacon is 19 and they had her playing someone the same age as Coral who yeah his age I think was retconned but I don't think they've ever officially said his age on the show we always just assumed he was like 9 or 10 at the start because of the comics and then they started going around saying he was 14 but I don't remember his age ever actually being said within the show. Judith is trickier because we saw her birth on the show so we have a better idea of how old she actually is.

    I just don't see where that much time has passed. Ignoring the 7 1/2 years they jumped for Season 9 (including the first time jump) I don't see how Judith was 2 1/2 because like I said you can't even count the first year of the ZA because she wasn't born by then. Most seasons only take place over a few weeks and the danger is too immediate to say otherwise. There is rarely ever down time for these major time jumps to actually occur. Like I said, the only major big time jumps could have been between S3-S4 and after Beth's death in S5 when they were on the road before Alexandria and that's about it but in S5 Judith was still a baby so I don't know where this time passed. There is at least a year missing. Maybe even a year and a half.

  5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Offline
    Itís A Madhouse Diseman81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,497
    Threads
    92
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Points
    12,632
    Level
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Emily Kinney was like 10 years older than Beth. The actor's age has never mattered. Same with Lauren Cohan. Hell, I don't think Daryl was ever supposed to be Norman's age. I think they always played it off like he was a few years younger than Rick when Norman is 4 or 5 years older than AL. Also Katelyn Nacon is 19 and they had her playing someone the same age as Coral who yeah his age I think was retconned but I don't think they've ever officially said his age on the show we always just assumed he was like 9 or 10 at the start because of the comics and then they started going around saying he was 14 but I don't remember his age ever actually being said within the show. Judith is trickier because we saw her birth on the show so we have a better idea of how old she actually is.

    I just don't see where that much time has passed. Ignoring the 7 1/2 years they jumped for Season 9 (including the first time jump) I don't see how Judith was 2 1/2 because like I said you can't even count the first year of the ZA because she wasn't born by then. Most seasons only take place over a few weeks and the danger is too immediate to say otherwise. There is rarely ever down time for these major time jumps to actually occur. Like I said, the only major big time jumps could have been between S3-S4 and after Beth's death in S5 when they were on the road before Alexandria and that's about it but in S5 Judith was still a baby so I don't know where this time passed. There is at least a year missing. Maybe even a year and a half.
    Youre right though that she should be younger. She should at most be a little over 8 yrs old. I was looking into it a little more and they put this out before the season:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/WalkingDe...ne-official%2F
    and apparently it was only day 632 at the end of season 8. That’s around 20/21 months and assuming Lori got knocked up in the first month of the ZA that would’ve made Judith about 10/11 months old before the first time jump. So she should’ve been at the most 2 1/2 yrs old before the last time jump. The time frame of TWD has never really made a lot of sense anyway and their probably just using creative license to make her a walking talking character who can actually do something.

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Offline
    El Jefe Jay's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The North
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,264
    Threads
    684
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Points
    33,706
    Level
    51
    It would've just been easier to say that the second time jump was 7 years instead of 6 because it's actually embarrassing if Kang doesn't know this shit. It's one thing if an actor is off with this stuff but when you are writing this show especially as the showrunner aka head writer you should know this shit. If Kang doesn't know then who the fuck is supposed to know?

    How do you lose track of an entire year to a year and a half? I get that it's hard to keep track of every single day or week that passed but that is a lot to lose track of when this is her job.

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Offline
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,290
    Threads
    285
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Points
    21,537
    Level
    46
    Nicotero said on Talking Dead that Judith is 11 and added that is the same age of the actress playing her.

    Judith was at least 6 months old in the prison episode where she was playing with the cups as Beth worked on Michonne's ankle. Babies don't generally sit up until 6 months old, and Judith was sitting up; so at that point, we were at least 15 months into the ZA (9 months gestation and 6 months after birth, and I think we need to tack on a month at the front end). I've never bought the theory that season 4 was just a few days or a couple of weeks, but that's neither here nor there. Tyreese had placed Judith in a crib (or criblike thing) when Martin threatened to kill her in what I think was the season 4 finale, and she sure looked like a baby in there. Rick mentioned to Daryl in either 5.09 or 5.10 that it had been 21 days since Atlanta, and we've heard varying reports from those associated with the show on the length of the time jump after Jessie and her sons died. I think a character mentioned a month, while one of TPTB mentioned on Talking Dead it had been 2 months. I do wish TPTB would get their stories straight before speaking publicly and NOT make statements contradicting what they show onscreen.

    Judith looked like a 3 year old in season 8 and a 4 year old in pre jump2 season 9; so it would take an approximate 7 year jump to make her 11 in 9B. That's all iffy because we don't know anybody's birthday, so 6 years from a prior point in time doesn't mean from birthday to birthday. Judith could be four and a half years old in 9A prejump and 10-1/2 after a 6 year time jump or 11 after a 6.5 year time jump.

    All this is my convoluted way of saying I have no idea but, as I mentioned in another thread, they'd better move the show along season to season or they're going to have the same problem with Judith they had with Carl where she's 18 playing a 12 year old.

  8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Offline
    Governor meesha1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,814
    Threads
    543
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Points
    7,685
    Level
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Nicotero said on Talking Dead that Judith is 11 and added that is the same age of the actress playing her.

    Judith was at least 6 months old in the prison episode where she was playing with the cups as Beth worked on Michonne's ankle. Babies don't generally sit up until 6 months old, and Judith was sitting up; so at that point, we were at least 15 months into the ZA (9 months gestation and 6 months after birth, and I think we need to tack on a month at the front end). I've never bought the theory that season 4 was just a few days or a couple of weeks, but that's neither here nor there. Tyreese had placed Judith in a crib (or criblike thing) when Martin threatened to kill her in what I think was the season 4 finale, and she sure looked like a baby in there. Rick mentioned to Daryl in either 5.09 or 5.10 that it had been 21 days since Atlanta, and we've heard varying reports from those associated with the show on the length of the time jump after Jessie and her sons died. I think a character mentioned a month, while one of TPTB mentioned on Talking Dead it had been 2 months. I do wish TPTB would get their stories straight before speaking publicly and NOT make statements contradicting what they show onscreen.

    Judith looked like a 3 year old in season 8 and a 4 year old in pre jump2 season 9; so it would take an approximate 7 year jump to make her 11 in 9B. That's all iffy because we don't know anybody's birthday, so 6 years from a prior point in time doesn't mean from birthday to birthday. Judith could be four and a half years old in 9A prejump and 10-1/2 after a 6 year time jump or 11 after a 6.5 year time jump.

    All this is my convoluted way of saying I have no idea but, as I mentioned in another thread, they'd better move the show along season to season or they're going to have the same problem with Judith they had with Carl where she's 18 playing a 12 year old.
    Nicotero is the only one who said 11 - everyone else has said she's 10. I think he may have confused Cailey's real age. In terms of the show timeline, Judith would have been around 1 year at the end of season 8. Which would make her 2 1/2 at the beginning of season 9. She should actually be around 8 1/2 or 9 now. I'm not sure if people are just rounding up when talking about her or if they opted to fudge her age a bit. I don't think her age was stated in the episode so it's not really a problem at this point.

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Offline
    Zombie Hoarder Huner with a T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    790
    Threads
    56
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Points
    2,541
    Level
    17
    If she was nearly 2 (give or take) by the end of season 8 at the start of season 9 she’d have been roughly 3.5 in the previous episodes until the 6 year time jump making her 9.5..... so basically 10.

    she might not be exaclty 10 but it’s easier to round up to 10 than say she’s 9.6732 or whatever

  10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Offline
    But everyone knew her as Nancy Beatrice's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,290
    Threads
    285
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Points
    21,537
    Level
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    Nicotero is the only one who said 11 - everyone else has said she's 10. I think he may have confused Cailey's real age. In terms of the show timeline, Judith would have been around 1 year at the end of season 8. Which would make her 2 1/2 at the beginning of season 3. She should actually be around 8 1/2 or 9 now. I'm not sure if people are just rounding up when talking about her or if they opted to fudge her age a bit. I don't think her age was stated in the episode so it's not really a problem at this point.
    Unless I'm misreading, it looks like these ages are backward.

    As I mentioned, I wish they'd get their stories straight before speaking publicly. As for the rounding, I can see that. As I wrote, we don't know when the birthdays are or how far into someone's age year he or she is when the speculation starts or actors/TPTB comment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Topics

  1. 2018 Can Fuck Off
    By Jay in forum The Buzz
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2018, 08:58 AM
  2. holy Fuck I'm 25
    By LadyChatKiller in forum Water Cooler
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: March 26th, 2015, 07:40 AM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: March 17th, 2015, 07:48 AM
  4. Why the fuck..?
    By Callysta in forum Carol
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: September 29th, 2014, 01:48 AM
  5. What the fuck youtube?
    By Jay in forum Water Cooler
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 7th, 2012, 08:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.