Forgot your username?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Back To Top    #51
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    Sadly she does and that breaks my heart. Manly because she looks like a weirdo playing along with his weird games. Oh well if she is happy that is all that matters. I still side eye the hell out of her. The smart sassy Carol I feel in love with is still in there somewhere. Hopefully she can break free from the circus soon.

2. Back To Top    #52
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Isn't the bottom line here that he is Not Daryl?

I just don't see Carol torturing herself for years and years by staying with a man she doesn't love. She left Tobin with whom she could have had the same security and comfort that she has with Zeke if that's all she wanted. The communities are all pretty comfortable and secure, by their standards, so she could have stayed at Kingdom or gone to either of the other two and had comfort and security without the obligation of being a wife to a man she doesn't love.

It's years in to this marriage, so I suspect the honeymoon phase has transitioned; but that doesn't lessen the love. Back in the old days around here, some Caryl shippers would remark that Daryl and Carol were like an old married couple, comfortable in and with each other (i.e. completely boring). One very prominent one, in particular, no longer among us, remarked frequently of the depth and richness of such a relationship, which was apparently too subtle for the rest of us to see. If it were Carol and Daryl, "old married couple" would be just fine. When it's not Daryl, Carol must not be in love.

As others have said, she didn't have to marry Zeke to be a mother to Henry. As @beethedead pointed out, she rolled out of bed with a smile on her face.

The OP asked if Carol settled. Why, after so much time in the ZA and another opportunity with a different fine man (Tobin) would Carol suddenly decide she needed to settle? It makes absolutely no sense!
    Now I cannot decide which post is my favorite! Very good, legitimate points made in each one and I love them equally.

Yes Carol knows how to pretend, but so does Zeke. Fake it till you make it baby! Carol is not settling!

3. Back To Top    #53
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Avery View Post
    Was I the only one who saw that satisfied smirk when she hopped out of bed with that manly man sprawled across the mattress? Also - Carol has never pulled any punches or TRULY 'faked' her emotions to those who matter to her. She's THE most independent chick on the show and certainly doesn't 'need' ANY man. Plus, I love when she told Daryl, "Maybe I need a little corny." After what she's been through, I feel the love.
    Exactly! Carol does not suffer fools!

4. Back To Top    #54
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    I actually grew to love them together and he actually made Carol likeable for awhile so of course we’re back to Caryl -barf-

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456