1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level

New Rick Grimes Films - How Are They Even Going to Work? *Possible Spoilers*

I understand that these new Gimple inspired movies staring Rick Grimes are going to show us where he went in that helicopter and what happened to him afterwards but I just don't see how this is going to work with what we know of Rick so far. Ricks one and only goal from the get go was to get to his family and keep them safe which has been his one defining character trait from what I can see. So Rick's just gonna go off to where ever and just be like fuck you Michonne and Judith your not Carl so you guys are on your own now. They better have a good reason for him not trying to get back to them other that memory loss cause the Rick we know would fight tooth and nail to get back to his family. This doesn't seem like a well thought out idea Gimple but it is coming from you the King of bad ideas. I think I would have liked it better if he had just exploded on that bridge at least that would have made some sort of sense for Rick to finally let Carl go at the expense of this life.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick didn’t go willingly so we don’t know if he’s being held against his will or even where he is. He might not even know where he is or how to get back. They’ve pretty much said he’s going to reunite with Michonne so he’ll definitely search for his family.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it depends on if the movies will last after the show is over lol.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Level
    Possible reasons Rick spends three movies not looking for Michonne & Judith:

He has amnesia (ridiculous & uninteresting for the viewer)

He's being kept prisoner (one movie like this might be interesting, but three could get old real fast)

He's no longer in North America (if he wakes up in, say, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, then he's going to have a bit of trouble getting back to Virginia)

I like the third reason the best, but why would the helicopter people be zooming around what's left of the US stealing people rather than their own country?

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    This has been a topic of much speculation ever since it was announced. The idea of Amnesia would seem the likeliest easy-way-out of the family searching issue. They may even be setting that up already--they did a nice effect when the dynamite blew showing Rick's face hit by a shockwave. Then on the helicopter Rick's facial expression sort of looked as if he didn't know who Jadis was.

I can see the first film being a prison-esque movie. The main question is what is the difference between an "A" and a "B." Surely, these folks wouldn't be flying around searching solely for people to imprison. There needs to be a motive. Since Season 3, nearly every group leader has expressed how people are a resource, the greatest resource of all. A "B" could be one of several things; Slaves, candidates for experimentation, food for cannibals, etc. These are just examples so I hope no one flips out and says they wouldn't do the cannibal storyline over again.

In a way, it makes sense that "B" people would be used for something unruly. If they were taken away to be pampered, would Jadis not just say, "I'm a B, take me!" Regardless of what it turns out to be, A's & B's must be getting used in some way. However, that said, would Jadis truly "rescue" Rick and try to "help a friend" while knowingly subjecting him to a life of Hell? Perhaps Jadis herself doesn't know the whole story of what happens to the people she trades, just a generalized description to determine the difference between an A and a B.

I could go on and on in scholarly article fashion with this line of speculation, but ultimately this is a hardcore case of Wait & See.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Possibilities:

- Repopulation of the Earth; A's are strong gene people, likely to make good babies. B's are just humans.

- Slave labor; with machines and fuel virtually no longer existent, work needs doing. B's could be the slave labor workforce, whereas A's could be problem solvers, i.e., Eugene would be an A, whereas Daryl would be a B.

- Experimentation; the world has been ravaged by a virus and there may still be people searching for a cure. B's could be Guinea pigs, infected by walkers then they attempt to save them. A's could be the people used to breed the antidotes.

- Something Else; the way Jadis referred to Gabriel as an A, when all along she had him figured for a B, sort of indicates that "A" candidates may be taken for leadership positions. But that brings us to the OPs original question: Why would Rick not go straight back to Alexandria?

Potentially:
    - He is imprisoned.
    - Jadis tells him the herd killed them all.
    - Days of Our Lives Amnesia
    - The Helicopter crashes.
    - They go to Antarctica, Alaska, etc.
    - They go overseas
    - Rick is manipulated into helping the new community, who promise him they will return him to his family as soon as the mission is complete.

If Rick sees that this group has taken over 100 people who are there against their will, including Heath and maybe someone else Rick knows, he may come up with an endgame to free Everybody there and take them all back to Alexandria. Especially if there are children. Rick doesn't seem like the leave-a-man-behind type.

Here's my guess about the three movies:

1: Rick wakes up. Discovers hes a prisoner, devises a plan to Escape. Jadis sacrifices herself in the end. Rick thinks he succeeds but UH OH twist ending hes faaaar from home. Across seas, or maybe on a giant vessel Escape-Plan style.

Movie 2: Rick makes friends and they go on adventures collecting everything they need for Rick's return. Obviously Rick will be tested and forced to help other people before he can achieve his own goal.

Movie 3: The Road Home/Re-Uniting/TWD series finale.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Level
    As long as Gimple is in charge it's going to be a fucking disaster I.E.: FTWD

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    When I first herd this news I was excited and disappointed at the same time.
    I'm excited that they are doing something outside of TWD/FTWD and that we'll see different times and places but I'm disappointed that Gimple is in involved and that Rick is involved with a 6 year time jump.
    I'm sorry I'm not buying amnesia or imprisonment, that's just lazy, uninspired writing.
    I also can't see being taken to another country or whatever, like you folks I'll just wait and see what they give us.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    "How the are they going to work" They aren't, that's the simplest and best answer that needs to be said .