Thread: Rick Jr / RJ

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level

Rick Jr / RJ

Is it possible that Rick Jr / JR is a figment of michonnes imagination ? I'm sure someone else already dissected this and handled this in detail but I missed it.

Michonne has been talking to action figures, lakes and in general kinda stiff when talking to people because of something that happened during the time jump. She has a scar on her back from an attack of some sort...and the little boy is never sharing a moment (currently) outside of the place michonne lives - not even with judith.

Is it possible the kid was killed off screen and she's dealing with it in her own way?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    A Bargain at Twice the Price! Beatrice's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Level
    That would be a twist! Magna saw Michonne carry him, and it appeared that seeing him with her is what made her change her mind about using that knife for no good, if that's what she'd planned, which is what it looked like.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by neonbelly View Post
    Is it possible that Rick Jr / JR is a figment of michonnes imagination ? I'm sure someone else already dissected this and handled this in detail but I missed it.

Michonne has been talking to action figures, lakes and in general kinda stiff when talking to people because of something that happened during the time jump. She has a scar on her back from an attack of some sort...and the little boy is never sharing a moment (currently) outside of the place michonne lives - not even with judith.

Is it possible the kid was killed off screen and she's dealing with it in her own way?

Great theory that would explain why the look and act much younger than 6 years old (The age he supposed to be) . It would also explain why no one was watching him (that we know of , that is) when Judith and Michonne was meeting the new comers. It would also explains why we never heard his name, nor anyone refer to him. He might have died when he was still a toddler which would explain why he sound like a toddler. Maybe Michonne is only imagine he still alive.

That would be a twist! Magna saw Michonne carry him, and it appeared that seeing him with her is what made her change her mind about using that knife for no good, if that's what she'd planned, which is what it looked like.

However Magna only saw Michonne carrying him from a distance at night. She likely only saw from the back. So as far as she knew Michonne could have been carrying a doll/or dead child. Michonne 's child being imaginary is not our of the realms of possibility considering that Michonne way of dealing with the death of her husband ,and brother was to keep them alive as Walkers and put them on a leash. So I definitely can see her child being imaginary.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe Magna saw Michonne talking to no one ala " the six sense"! Damn...damn...damn...is it too late for episodes 7 and 8 to be reshot!!!?? Because I dont think this is it chief but damit I want it to be!! It's bleeping brilliant!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by luvprue1 View Post
    Great theory that would explain why the look and act much younger than 6 years old (The age he supposed to be) . It would also explain why no one was watching him (that we know of , that is) when Judith and Michonne was meeting the new comers. It would also explains why we never heard his name, nor anyone refer to him. He might have died when he was still a toddler which would explain why he sound like a toddler. Maybe Michonne is only imagine he still alive.

[/INDENT]
    [/COLOR]

However Magna only saw Michonne carrying him from a distance at night. She likely only saw from the back. So as far as she knew Michonne could have been carrying a doll/or dead child. Michonne 's child being imaginary is not our of the realms of possibility considering that Michonne way of dealing with the death of her husband ,and brother was to keep them alive as Walkers and put them on a leash. So I definitely can see her child being imaginary.
    Yeah ! the child looked much younger than 6 - and the fact magna seen michonne carrying what looked like a child at night through a window is the key. im thinking michonne was carrying kid clothes or her kids cloths on a doll if even that. there is no other person there that validates he's real ; even the baby heath had was accounted for in the area where the education was going on. There is a possibility that michonne is mentally broken !

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    The Telltale Michonne game has her hallucinating multiple times about her "dead" kids, so this theory is very plausible.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Level
    Nah, he's real. As stated by THR who interviewed Angela Kang on the subject:

"It's not a trick, not an illusion: This is Rick and Michonne's child come to life, the fulfillment of a promise they made to each other in episode three, "Warning Signs." Back then, as Michonne was working on the charter that would come to define the Alexandrian government, Rick proposed that they bring a child into the world, both out of love for one another and also as a sign of their commitment to the returning new world order."

Here is a link to the rest of the article and interview if anyone wants to read it. Its kind of sweet. But anyways...

Even looking at what was given in the show itself, we were introduced to little RJ through Magna's point of view. She saw him through the window which was the reason she decided against breaking in and attacking Michonne (which is kind of fucked up if you ask me because she knew Michonne still had Judith and was going to attack her anyway, lol). If they wanted to establish that RJ wasn't real then they would have done it in the episode because I don't think we're even going to see this kid again until the later half of 9B. They could've made it seem like what Magna saw was her with a child, and then after Michonne's talk with Judith when we saw her holding RJ again they could've did a plot twist that showed that he wasn't real... but they didn't. And besides, Michonne talks to dead people but she doesn't hallucinate them, that was always Rick's thing

And its minor but I wish people would stop saying this kid is 6 years old, lol. The time jump was six years, and a woman is pregnant for damn near a year which would make RJ five and some change since Michonne got pregnant shortly before Rick "died".

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    No, that's retarded. He is real.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    I am sad that RJ is not a figment of michonnes imagination. It would have been a great story.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm so glad Michonne isn't like Lori, who not only slept with Rick's best friend, but stoked the flames of Shane's insanity by telling him the baby might be his. And I'm glad Michonne had a chance to live a happy life with Rick before tragedy struck. Back when she was wandering in the woods alone with walkers, she was highly susceptible to hallucinating. Now, she has too much to live for ~ a son and daughter, plus a position of authority in her community.

Judith seems to be very observant. She overheard Michonne talking to Rick (and Carl?). She didn't say she heard her talking to an imaginary baby named R.J., lol.

I think they've crafted a very interesting story for Michonne and I'm interested to see how it develops.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast