Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level

What caused the communities to not be united now??

What caused the communities to not have had any or much communications? I have been wondering this and would like to see what others are thinking. In the sneak peak it seems like ASZ is not going to the fair and have not been in contact with Hilltop. So what do you think is causing this? It has to be more than Rick dying.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    The alliance was shaky before Rick was taken away in a helicopter. Michonne had problems with decisions Maggie made and Maggie was not happy with having to give supplies to the keep the bridge crew going. Oceanside started killing off the Saviors.
    The Sanctuary collapsed and we know that at least part of them began to rob and kill travelers between the communities. it looks as if each community retreated to its own place and tried to make it on their own.
    I think when Rick blew up the bridge, they'd all sacrificed to get it built, they lost a sense of common purpose.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    It is almost like once the bridge was gone so was their alliances. I figured Maggie and Michonne would have at least stayed in contact with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by booksrbetter View Post
    The alliance was shaky before Rick was taken away in a helicopter. Michonne had problems with decisions Maggie made and Maggie was not happy with having to give supplies to the keep the bridge crew going. Oceanside started killing off the Saviors.
    The Sanctuary collapsed and we know that at least part of them began to rob and kill travelers between the communities. it looks as if each community retreated to its own place and tried to make it on their own.
    I think when Rick blew up the bridge, they'd all sacrificed to get it built, they lost a sense of common purpose.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Level
    I don’t necessarily think that they’re not united. It’s only Alexandria that’s not going to the fair and everyone else still sounds like they’re working together. When it comes to Alexandria I think it’s a Michonne problem. They may have a council, but it sounds like she thinks she’s in charge. There’s a big disconnect if she’s so far out of the loop that she isn’t even aware that Maggie’s not around.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    Yeah I agree that Michonne is the main reason they are not involved in the other communities. You would think with Rick wanting everyone united that she would try to keep that going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseman81 View Post
    I don’t necessarily think that they’re not united. It’s only Alexandria that’s not going to the fair and everyone else still sounds like they’re working together. When it comes to Alexandria I think it’s a Michonne problem. They may have a council, but it sounds like she thinks she’s in charge. There’s a big disconnect if she’s so far out of the loop that she isn’t even aware that Maggie’s not around.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Waiting for Aaron to get more screentime.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Because Michonne is a mega bitch

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Well,

#1 Michonne is a cunt. Gotta get that out of the way. Probably blames everyone for everything. Even the ones that had nothing to do with it.

#2 Rick was the one pushing everyone to work together and that basically all crumbled with him and the bridge being blown up. It was meant to make it easier for everyone to work together in the future to cut down travel times especially now that it appears as if gas is pretty much non existent other than the infinite supply Daryl is hoarding. I also don't really think anyone could bring anyone together other than Rick. Rick was special to those people because he is the guy that defeated Negan. Everyone helped but without Rick none of it ever would have happened. He was the leader. So they saw him as a hero. When Rick walked in to a room everyone treated him differently and if he thinks he can make things better who are everyone else to say he can't if he did what no one else could. But it was totally different for everyone else. Look how they all were with Daryl for example. Daryl was Rick's #2 but you wouldn't know it by how Daryl was talked to. Rick was the exception to all this.

#3 Nobody else was really on the same page other than maybe ASZ and The Kingdom. I'm not really sure if The Kingdom is still working with Alexandria or if maybe they aren't either but I don't know why they wouldn't. Every other place had issues. Oceanside couldn't forget what The Saviors did, Hilltop couldn't stand that Negan was still alive and The Sanctuary was basically forced in to this and were treated like lesser people and weren't allowed to carry weapons when they are in the middle of a ZA. As I said, Rick brought everyone together but it was only a matter of time before everything fell apart and The Sanctuary, Oceanside, Hilltop and Daryl are at least partly the reason why the bridge is gone and Rick is "dead".

I really am interested to see why Alexandria is on lock down and It is very weird that Michonne won't work with her 3 longest friends in the ZA. My only guess is because she found out what Daryl and Maggie did and maybe because Carol is so close to Daryl she wrote her off as well? Or maybe ASZ just isn't working with The Kingdom because it's too far away so travel is just too difficult without cars and Hilltop made it easy because it was like the halfway point where everyone could meet and trade instead of traveling fully to each location. Or maybe Alexandria isn't the one who made the call. Maybe it was Hilltop. What happened in Alexandria could be separate from the reason why everyone isn't working together.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think the rift has anything to do with what happened between Maggie/Daryl/Michonne and everything to do with whatever happened in the time jump. Maggie changed her mind about killing Negan. While Maggie and Michonne didn't talk about Maggie's change of mind, they did come face to face with full knowledge of what didn't happen to Negan despite Maggie's intentions.

I also think Maggie and Carol went the extra mile to be with and care for Michonne after Rick's "death". I know we haven't seen it, but it makes sense. What the hell did the Kingdom do to Michonne?

This is the Michonne who coupled up with the man willing to trade her to the governor. She understands shit happens to everybody and, until this season, didn't single herself out for special pity, if that is what is going on with her.

My biggest concern right now is that, with Whisperers being introduced and the hiatus approaching, our questions about this will not be answered. Ever. Setting something up for no resolution is classic "it's whatever each viewer wants to think it is" Gimple.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1741 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it was either Hilltop or Michonne that has keep them apart. It is all very interesting to speculate what caused it all.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia Dixon View Post
    I think it was either Hilltop or Michonne that has keep them apart.
    Pretty much.

I don't see Kingdom making that call. Kingdom seems to be happier than they've ever been and that is saying a lot. Even though we haven't seen Oceanside yet, my guess is they don't have the power to make that call. They were barely a settlement. More of a small group that worked with the settlements. Sanctuary definitely didn't make that call because it appears to be defunct now and I'm guessing whatever caused this happened after The Sanctuary fell because as you can see there are Saviors living in Alexandria now. I'm not even talking about the whole lock down thing (unless the 2 things are connected) but if you aren't working with the other settlements why would you invite them to live with you so I'm guessing this is after The Sanctuary fell. They may not have immediately stopped working after Rick "died" but they slowly got more and more distant until they stopped helping and seeing each other all together unless people actively went out of their way to visit each other but nothing official.

So It's pretty much down to Alexandria or Hilltop.

Spoiler Spoiler:

But we also don't know if Alexandria is no longer working with The Kingdom. Maybe Kingdom and Alexandria are still getting along but don't see each other as much because they are too far away from each other and have no cars. It could just be an issue between Alexandria and Hilltop and my guess is the only thing that I could see it being is Michonne being mad at Hilltop & Daryl for what happened to Rick. I mean, Michonne is fucking nuts right now. Still talking to Rick after all these years so its very possible that she just never let it go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast