Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Level
    If Caryl went canon Caryl fans would be ecstatic, Carol fans (like me) would be happy enough, Bethylers, anyone-but-Carolers, other Daryl shippers and Carol and/or Daryl haters would be really pissed off. I suspect that the general audience, with whom both characters are apparently still very popular, would like it.

Myself, I’d like it fine if they earned it. In real life as in fiction, BFFs sometimes become lovers but Carol and Daryl (especially) would first have get to a place in their relationship where it could happen. I still think it might, if not until near the end. Ezekiel may be in part a delaying tactic.

Gimple used Caryl to occasionally pander and tease while Kang seems to be nurturing it, at least as a deep friendship. The Caryl scenes in the Ep7 were lovely.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Level
    Nah. If TPTB wanted to do this, it should have been done in Season 4 or 5. Too late now.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Level
    It may possibly be time to dust off this thread with a tiny ray of sunshine from the finale...?

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KatyDid View Post
    It may possibly be time to dust off this thread with a tiny ray of sunshine from the finale...?
    I enjoyed the interactions but I think this is just more trolling by TPTB. Most of the Caryl fandom abandoned the show long ago though fanfic sites are still active. The show has alienated so many different fan groups that will never return to the show. The Caryl fandom is one group they could entice back (both characters are still alive) hence the trolling. There is definitely more activity right now in Caryl forums but only guarded optimism, from my observations. Barely anyone trusts Kang to pull the trigger. JMO.

Still, I enjoy any and all Daryl/Carol scenes. As always, they are wonderful together. I'm just happy that Carol has been rescued from that dreadful Kingdom arc. Now she can get back into the main story lines where she belongs, finally.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Level
    I use to like the idea of them together but with where everything is at as of right now, it would feel too much like pandering or trying to garner up some attention. It sort of pisses me off that they show Ezekiel showing jealousy instead of gratitude if Daryl is intended to be just a really good friend. You would think if that is the case, then he wouldn't have asked Daryl to leave.

That being said, Daryl is kind of a shit for listening to Ezekiel instead of doing what is best for Carol...that being staying by her side (as her best friend). I really think this is kind of a tease at this point and just a tactic to get MMB and NR together more (by putting them in the same location - Alexandria). NR is NOT a strong actor, but he does do a lot better in scenes with MMB. So Kang needs to find a way to get them together (since I guess he is leading man now) and still string along the shippers. If they go canon, they need to do it sooner rather than later. The 'slow burn' has done fizzled out imo. Also, NR has way to much say in the direction of Daryl, and I don't think he wants that character to end up with Carol.

It really depends on how it would go canon if I would like it or not. If I feel like it is a ploy to keep up some viewership...nope...not for that...at. all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12